StarCraft 2 Editor - Wish List

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Mouse API. Combined with Starcraft 2 Terrain, you can make an ultimate FPS.

Also, I think they should support cinematics. (didn't check if they do)

And of course, access to changing several object editor stats via triggers. ;)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mouse API. Combined with Starcraft 2 Terrain, you can make an ultimate FPS.

Also, I think they should support cinematics. (didn't check if they do)

And of course, access to changing several object editor stats via triggers. ;)

I was just going to post something similar to both of those. :p

Finish trackables.

and

a 'struct like' unit editing via triggers.
Code:
set Unit1.attack1.MinDmg = 25
set Unit1.attack1.cooldown = 0.4
etc. That's be incredible.

Also, Min damage and Max damage instead of the dice thing.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I also want more sophisticated regions. -Not only squares.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I also want more sophisticated regions. -Not only squares.

I never would have thought to ask for this feature, but oh man there has been many a time when I wished it were true. Nice one

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I wish you could attach regions to units, and move them different places.
Also a new function - Move Unit (Timed) Playing Animation

Overall a more complex GUI system so less people have to resort to JASS (or w/e SCII will be using).

Oh, and, I hope they add a few warcraft units, like they added a few starcraft ones in warcraft. Like maybe footman, grunt, and knight (would be equal to how they gave warcraft 3, and useful in case modellers want older units).

Exide

Reaction score
I wish you could attach regions to units, and move them different places.

Attaching regions to units can be done in different ways with event such as 'Unit - A unit comes within..', using a unit group action, or setting a point + unit group. -Not quite sure what you're getting at here. :p

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Would certainly make it easy. Also allowing regions to be moved and removed during the game would be useful, also to make things easier and less regions overall.

F

Foley

Easier damage detection.
Making backstab sucks.

EDIT: Editing armor/attack type attributes.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I'd LOVE edit more terrains with triggers.

Before you say you already can, test adding some water, cliffs, raise things through triggers. If I got that I could finally make a random terrain.

Also I'd like some more built in algorithms. Like random nad such.

I also agree with someone above. I'd like regions with you could paint with some brush kind of thing.

Exide

Reaction score
I'd like to be able to change the size and color and stuff of doodads and units inside the editor. (Not in the Object Editor, but in the "Main" Editor, when placed on the map.)
-That would make it a lot easier, and faster (and more fun) to create terrain. =)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Be able to put in your own functions.j type thing, simply by putting a formatted list of functions in a folder. Having to import and inject is kind of annoying. Systems would be much easier to use, since you're not having to open another map and copy the functions.

A smarter Dialog system. The one right now is annoying because you can't exit it without making a custom cancel button. Minimizing or being able to put them to the side would be nice too.

A much more customizable colorable tooltip system. The one right now sucks, and it is very hard to read the format without an external program where you have to copy paste, export the finished colors, and paste back in.

A smarter GUI. The one right now is ordered well, and easy to use, except for the annoying clicking, but it makes terrible looking code, and a lot of it leaks. There are also many important functions that are left out. (loop/exitwhen, leak removing functions, GetLocationZ, etc)

A better import system. The one right now is not very noob-friendly, and I often have to lookup the right paths to rename icons. The editor should do this automatically.

A smarter computer. Just about every game could use an AI, but it's so hard to make a computer that does even the simplest thing.

I think we should actually create a petition or something, which is submitted to blizzard. MAKE them put in these features through overwhelming support, and we might get just what we're looking for.

Exide

Reaction score
A smarter computer. Just about every game could use an AI, but it's so hard to make a computer that does even the simplest thing.

All your suggestions are great! =)

Speaking of AI, it would be nice if they could make some sort of.. "AI-creating-system", that actually works..
-I don't think ANYONE actually uses the AI-thingiemabob that's in the World Editor? :p

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
I want a function, which I can't name, and I realize it could be difficult or even impossible to actually add.

Anyway, the function I want is one I saw in the Doom3 Editor. -It let's you check what your map looks like, when you're still in the editor (so you don't have to start the map.)
-I want a function like that! :p

:thdown::thdown::thdown: thats stupid!

in WC3 editor - for 7 sec i can to start test my map! include map loading time lol !

come on go buy 64bit processor <3 i think

Exide

Reaction score
:thdown::thdown::thdown: thats stupid!

in WC3 editor - for 7 sec i can to start test my map! include map loading time lol !

come on go buy 64bit processor <3 i think

Why is it stupid?
Everyone doesn't have a superfast computer, or tiny maps with no doodads, custom abilities/units, triggers, etc, etc..

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
All your suggestions are great! =)

Speaking of AI, it would be nice if they could make some sort of.. "AI-creating-system", that actually works..
-I don't think ANYONE actually uses the AI-thingiemabob that's in the World Editor? :p

I've fiddled about with the AI editor and it is very hard to use in custom maps. Tbh you'd be far better off triggering AI rather than using the AI editor.

So for me make the AI editor more flexible and easier to use.

Also make things easier to make (such as leader/multiboards, dialog buttons).

And make the arrow key usage lagless.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
Exide
3 month ago i had 32bit 2.8GHZ computer 512RAM

and i agree! it load maps very slow!!
i loaded my high advanced WC3 map with 300+ triggers,something like 6 minuts! (Battle Ships Expression without optimization)

but now i have 64bit + 2GB ram(PC 5300) + dual core 2.33+ (4.66GHZ total ) + 64bit OS - its even not a high end!

and its amazing, my HUGE map loaded something like 35-45sec! (without Widgetizer/Vexorian optimization of course)
its 12times faster!!:eek:

CANT EXPLAIN IT
i expect only 2x or 3x lol

and i am not a fan of super fast computers too!!!:thup::eek:
but its really amazing...

my next lite map loading something like 5-7sec! so?

THE FINAL MORAL:

this feature is really NO NEED!
better go buy a new computer
and all maps will be load pretty fast... (30sec max)

its sad,but its a fact... sorry:eek:

Exide

Reaction score
I don't feel like debating this in this thread (or anywhere else), I just feel I need to make my point clear..

Seeing how WC3 is a couple of years old, and dual-core CPUs etc wasn't even though of back when it as released. I'm pretty sure it could've been a reasonable feature.
Also, Starcraft2 will require a lot more from one's computer, so I'm guessing this feature could be useful.. if it's even possible to code, I dunno..

Finally, no one wants to wait 30 seconds everytime to see if your next trigger, or a small change (point for units to move to, or whatever it might be) is working.

Oh, and do try to spell properly in your next post, thank you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.