StarCraft 2 Editor - Wish List

Reaction score
The world has changed since the release of WC3. You can expect something better.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
What would be the best is a GUI function that identifies and seals all leaks in the trigger it's assigned to.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Personally, I feel a 'slide-function' (if I understood it correctly) is quite unnecessary. :p

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
It would enable easy-to-make charge and pushback abilities. Not to mention entire games are based off of this slide mechanic (slide ninja slide, slide kitty slide). So yeah, I think it would be pretty nice to have.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
A WAy To Check The Date

I want to be able to check the date, from bnet or the host computer just after the game loads.

Then my game can have triggers that do different things depending on the day, So for 4th of july i can have speail events that only happen that day in real life. But i could put that all in months before. Many Many other uses for this also.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
It would be good if it can protect maps, do automatic backups of the files in case it might crash, offer a skin list so we wouldn't have to struggle like in WC3, and it would be good to have triggers that don't mess up like in WC3 :/

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
An MPQ through the WE would be nice.

Maybe an ingame save/load system? Wishful thinking probably.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will be happy as long as there is a text box and a C++ style programming language. :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
It should come with a basic tool to allow you to easilly edit already existing skins in the game without the need to import, or using another program. Let alone trying to convert file type.

Also they need something simple like:

Game - Create TYPE game

TYPE being:

AoS, TD, etc...

so it just makes it for you. Nothing for you to do at all. Or maybe to mkae it simpilier:

Game - Create an awesome game

Makes an awesome game.

Exide

Reaction score
>Makes an awesome game.
-I've been looking for that trigger forever!
I sure hope they implement it in Starcraft 2. :thup:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Also they need something simple like:

Game - Create TYPE game

TYPE being:

AoS, TD, etc...

Would be awesome but, do you mean a general layout (i.e. cliffs, lanes, and such) or the whole terrain? If it's the whole terrain, it'd be impossible to do it all since (1) they would have the make a layout for every tileset since people might not like tileset A, or they would prefer a combination of tilesets B and C and (2) different people are gonna want different layouts (since there is so many different kinds of ways you can lay out a map)

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Would be awesome but, do you mean a general layout (i.e. cliffs, lanes, and such) or the whole terrain? If it's the whole terrain, it'd be impossible to do it all since (1) they would have the make a layout for every tileset since people might not like tileset A, or they would prefer a combination of tilesets B and C and (2) different people are gonna want different layouts (since there is so many different kinds of ways you can lay out a map)

I ment the entire game. It was a joke. :p

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I hope they make it so you can apply all abilities to all units and buildings with no bugs, or at least minimal. So nothing like demon form that only works on a demon hunter. Also I hope they allow you to make custom abilities more than just modified normal abilities. Basically it would be similar to triggering a normal ability, but you could specify in the ability a trigger that would be run when the ability was activated. Streamlines triggered abilities.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I hope they make it so you can apply all abilities to all units and buildings with no bugs, or at least minimal. So nothing like demon form that only works on a demon hunter. Also I hope they allow you to make custom abilities more than just modified normal abilities. Basically it would be similar to triggering a normal ability, but you could specify in the ability a trigger that would be run when the ability was activated. Streamlines triggered abilities.

In the same vein of that, I hope no abilities are hardcoded.

Black Hawk

Reaction score
The abilities to create animations for cinematic like things so you can make a marine point at something, just to make it awesome.

An awesome import manager that works with the object editor to have each unit have an Art -Model File thing and an Art - Skin File thing so that you can have a single model with different skins.

EDIT - Also that you dont have to restart the editor to see a model or skin that you just imported

Exide

Reaction score
>EDIT - Also that you dont have to restart the editor to see a model or skin that you just imported

Usually just saving the map is enough, as far as I know. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.