Starcraft 2 Official

rax_7

Reaction score
finally, starcraft 2 is no longer a rumor. i am a big SC fan. i will definitely go buy it when it comes up. o man, hopefully, the game doesnt requires very high end PC like C&C 3.

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
Its, only been two days and I'm already dying from the anticipation. Its sad to think it will be like another year, give or take.
Protoss has a insane-looking mother ship. Have you guys seen the gameplay trailers on ign.

Rad

Reaction score
finally, starcraft 2 is no longer a rumor. i am a big SC fan. i will definitely go buy it when it comes up. o man, hopefully, the game doesnt requires very high end PC like C&C 3.

Im sure it will...

Did you see the screenshot with like a million zerg? They have more than 12 pixels now

Especially if you havent upgraded your computer since starcraft (1), it will most likely be mandatory

I dont know for sure

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Im sure it will...

Did you see the screenshot with like a million zerg? They have more than 12 pixels now

Especially if you havent upgraded your computer since starcraft (1), it will most likely be mandatory

I dont know for sure

Apparently you can adjust the graphical settings quite a lot, so you should be able to run it with a half decent computer.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
that is good for me, my computer has been running since high school (4 years now )

M

Marduke

Is it even possible to play Warcraft 3 if you havn't upgraded your computer since SC1?

I mean, that was nearly 10 years ago.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ugh, it was SC2 after all, huh? Damn.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Quoted for truth by SFilip:
Screw marines and those bug-things, Protoss FTW

I bet when this game comes out WC3 on B.net will be like a ghost town.
A massive move of players that quit WC3 to play SC2...At least for awhile.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Quoted for truth by SFilip:

I bet when this game comes out WC3 on B.net will be like a ghost town.
A massive move of players that quit WC3 to play SC2...At least for awhile.

I think WC3 will remain strong, cuz the RTS modes are so drastically different between SC and WC, but the original SC will empty out.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
>The Original SC will empty out

Thats why I say "who cares if they shut down the original SC online" Not saying they will ofcourse. But seriously if I want to play SC i would play #2 not 1. Just like when TFT came out, I never play the old WC3 anymore.

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
Money is an issue for many people, yes StarCraft 2 itself wont be out of many people's budget, but people need a computer that can run it, which is not a luxury all people can't afford. Blizzard sees this and doesn't want to lose support from anyone. If it means keeping the SC server up while the SC2 server is up, they will do it.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
y would they not just use the old SC server for SC2, so you could play/talk to ppl who had either game

I think that may even help to get the die hard SC players over to SC2

but maybe that is not possible

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I know I'd need to get a computer before getting SCII.

Anyways, I wonder if Blizzard will buy my soul for an early release of the game?

U

Ur-Quan

For heroes:
If there would be same concept of triggering jou could just set units killed in variale and... and... and...
Anyways any decent mapper would go hrought it but I hope heroes will be there as editor only least.

And I got opsessed by starcraft already (checking their site every day for a bit of info :D )

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
I haven't played the original SC (though I've played the demo), and I can see it was, and probably still is, extremely popular.

It apparently bridged the gap between WC2 and 3. From WC2, where like the Grunt and Footman were nearly identical and there were briefing screens for the story, to StarCraft where each race is unique, and there are cinematics (sort of) in addition to the screens for story conveying. SC also brought about cliffs and a powerful map editor.

I'm definitely getting SC2, and will probably get around to picking up the original eventually.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Can't wait till it comes out. It looks soooo cool :D

Man, what I want to see the most are the new zerg units they will add in. The only new zerg thing I saw was the zerglings ability and that big worm thing. :D

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
y would they not just use the old SC server for SC2, so you could play/talk to ppl who had either game

I think that may even help to get the die hard SC players over to SC2

but maybe that is not possible

You mean like they already do in WC3 and TFT on B.net good idea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.