Starcraft 2 Official

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
And they still use those ugly cliffs! WTF Blizzard.

:(

lolz

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
thank god it wasn't a Starcraft mmo. I'm guessing it's going to cost the same 40-50 unless you buy some special edition. I don't think they are going to charge more because it's going to be awesome.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I played starcraft with my friends in like the 2nd grade and thats when it was middle aged but I bought my own SC1 for myself like 1 year ago
but ehh I'm not upset that I wasted money it was like only 10 dollars for both of them the orginal one and the expansion.

But Blizzard said it may shut down SC1 severs because they want SC2 to be better
which reminds me did WC2 even have battle.net because I think they did the same for WC3

Cool stuff at www.Starcraft2.com

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Will StarCraft II take advantage of DirectX 10? What other graphical goodies are included?
The game will be compatible with DirectX 10, and we're still considering whether there will be exclusive DirectX 10 graphic effects, but the graphics engine will also be very scalable to ensure that a wide range of different systems will be capable of running StarCraft II. The new engine is also capable of rendering very large units, as well as large numbers of units on screen together. Havok physics have been integrated into the engine for added realism as well.

Hopefully it will work on mine. I never played the orginal, but hell, I've played a lot of RTS games before. And that trailer looked sweet :D

did WC2 even have battle.net because I think they did the same for WC3
I dunno if it had it before WC3, but I know that here in the UK, you can get WC2: Battle.net edition, which has both single player and multiplayer support.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> did WC2 even have battle.net

Originally, no.
However, at some point, thanks to the general success of battle.net, they released a special battle.net edition.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"But Blizzard said it may shut down SC1 severs because they want SC2 to be better "

That was a (absurd) rumor, Blizzard never said that.

Starcraft 2 FAQ said:
Will we still be able to play the original StarCraft on Battle.net after StarCraft II is released?

Yes, you will.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
The graphics are pure beauty to the eyes.

SC

starcraft.jpg

SC2

starcraft2.jpg

Mullit

Reaction score
I just saw the advert for this on the news page that comes up whe you start WoW, I am very much looking forward to it but I think they could have done a bit more in terms of graphics, except for the buildnings which look great.

looking at those pics that andrew posted it looks like it has the exact same units as SC1 and some of the buildings by the looks of those bunkers.

To be honest I expected more when I saw the advert but meh, I will probably still end up buying it.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Was hoping for a new warcraft title .. :(

I think when I feel like playing a futuristic RTS, I'll go play CnC3.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
It will have all the old units plus a lot of new stuff! So no worries. I'll surely buy this one, I have always enjoyed Blizzards products.

Cres

Reaction score
yay only another half a year of waiting ^_^! (give or take a couple of months)
I dont know about the graphics though, it doesnt look very sharp, the original looks clearer ^_^.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> looks like it has the exact same units as SC1
Graphic-wise? You're kidding right?
Or you looked at the first screenshot from Andrew's post, that one actually is SC1...

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Lol the graphics are so cool :p
5 Stars on blizzard :D

but I'm upset it wasn't a Blizzard Fast Food line :D

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to buy a new computer for this one...
The graphics are amazing, remember guys, it is an RTS...

And they've been working on this since after TFT...that's a long time to keep something a secret. o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.