Starcraft II Editor Wiki

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen that when you start the Retail Sc2, it says there's a Starcraft II Editor wiki?

That's the apparent link, but it doesn't exist.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I suppose they just haven't gotten around to putting it up yet.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Probably, but one thing annoys me. I can't find the colonists anywhere inside the editor, no matter how much I search... I only want to find it because I had an idea.

Dave312

Reaction score
Your problem is most likely that you haven't imported the correct mods to get any of the campaign units. To do it, with your map open, go File > Dependences and add the Liberty (Campaign) standard. You can also do this in the create new map window.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Ah, thanks for that, I was working from an old map so they weren't there, yet.

Edit: Errr, even after adding them, I still don't see them.

Infact, no data from either seem to have added...

Edit 2: Opening a new map fixes the issue with not seeing them, but I can't add them to an old map.

Dave312

Reaction score
Interesting. What happens if you save your map, reopen it and then try adding the new mods? Or maybe you need to update the mods you currently have attached? I'll play around with it and see if I can get it to work.

Renendaru

Reaction score
The dependencies are added, I can see the modules there for the campaign, but looking at every data type, nothing is there. At all.

Dave312

Reaction score
I just opened up one of my old beta maps and added the Liberty (Campaign) dependency. After which I have all of the campaign units including the Colonists.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Weird, because I even saved, closed the map, reopened it, looked, and it wasn't there.

Dave312

Reaction score
After you add the dependency and click ok, does a loading window pop up? I have one that lasts a few seconds so you should see it.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, I just imported everything to a new map and that worked just fine, so blah. Issue solved as far as I'm concerned. I still don't know why it wouldn't add it, even though you could.

And yes, it said "Loading base data" which means the mpq file for it, I assume.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.