Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
sc2_logo_small.jpg

StarCraft II Q&A
By Blizzard

For all your SC Questions, Concerned ,etc.
All Answered posted by Blizzard

Ask Your StarCraft II Questions Here (Official "Ask your SC2 Questions" Thread)

Official "Ask your SC2 Questions" Thread 2

Batches

Batch 1-3
Batch 4 -8
Batch 9-12
Batch 13-15
Batch 16-18
Batch 19-22
Batch 23-26
Batch 27-30
Batch 31-32
Batch 33-35
Batch 36-38
Batch 39-40 (New)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> StarCraft IIs editor features a proprietary scripting language that is based largely on C with some special parameters specific to the game. Of course, for most users, they will have access to the more user friendly Trigger Editor which will allow beginner and intermediate map designers to make advanced maps without having to learn the particular details of the scripting language. Well release further information about the world editor as we move forward.

Sounds promising :)
Though one can say that Jass is based on C too...
Either way I doubt there would be much of a difference between warcraft III's editor and SC2's. The in-game UI is quite similar so I don't see a reason for them to bother with the editor too much.
That's a good thing though, less work to be done on a new Grimoire and similar hacks.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Batches 7, 8, and 10 don't show up :)

It seems really promising.

This game will be fun! I hope the editor will be up to the standards also.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok I'll see if I can fix them if not you will have to deal

EDIT:
They should work now
But Log 7 and 8 are empty I guess they have Cat. or something

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To read Batch 10 you need to click on page 4 then back on page 1. Otherwise, nothing appears.

Just for the record ;)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
> Though one can say that Jass is based on C too...

If by "C" you mean "Crap", then yes, Jass is based on C :p

> Either way I doubt there would be much of a difference between warcraft III's editor and SC2's. The in-game UI is quite similar so I don't see a reason for them to bother with the editor too much.

My money is on them making the SC2 editor by starting with the WC3 editor and building up from there. It makes sense, no point re-inventing the wheel.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Ken perhaps compile everything in the first post so it's easy to find.

Then we can think about stickying the thread itself so that too is easy to find.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I think that might go over the word count but I will try XD

Edit:
The text that you have entered is too long (98172 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.

But don't worry, I will find a different way to post the information so it fits in one post (somehow) XD

Edit 2:
I have to make a 3rd post just to post Batch 35...
I am working on a solution so don't worry XD

Edit 3 (Final edit):
Well there was one slight problem, Karun is horribly at dividing batches, and has just started doing that, so I had to us my own empty site to post them. I believe Guest are allowed to reply, so Enjoy

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
> Karun is horribly at dividing batches

Yea I know what you mean.

Thanks for going to all this trouble anyway, much appreciated.

I'll sticky the thread now.

Edit: I will have a think about deleting all the other posts in this thread just so you can bring the batches back in here and present them in multiple posts nice and neat. I don't want to put pressure on you to maintain this stuff on your own site.

Edit2: OMG they removed both the Time Bomb and Black Hole abilities of the Mothership !!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Edit: I will have a think about deleting all the other posts in this thread just so you can bring the batches back in here and present them in multiple posts nice and neat. I don't want to put pressure on you to maintain this stuff on your own site.

Trust me I Don't mind keeping these threads under my forum. Mainly because its been empty and just a place for me to keep important thread records.

Really This is also better because Guest can reply in the batches. Because instead of replying to all of them, you only have to that one, thats why I dividing them up into different threads instead of all in one

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Batch 37 Added!

Edit and Update
New Forum... Mizuio Ken Forums is going to be used by me alone :D
So enjoy the new forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.