starcraft II starter edition

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Staff member
Kinda like age of empires online... you do get decent content for free, not mutch, but it is free ^_^ click

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Its a step in the right direction, but i would prefer something different.

My idea of what they should try to do is "friendship" accounts.
lets say i have a starcraft 2 account but i want to play with a friend of mine, or maybe my brother. but they dont want to buy another copy of the game just for one or two games with me.

so how would it be if i could buy a friendship account and add it to my current account, it would be like 6$ or 10$ and my friend or brother would only be able to play games with me.
they could only play online if i am online and they could only join games in which i joined. i would like this.
what would you guys say? maybe i could write an e-mail to blizzard and ask them to implement this.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Accname that sounds like a great idea. I know some of my friends who would be interested in getting into SC2 with something like that.

D.V.D

Make a wish
My internet was down today and I couldn't play offline, it told me you can't play offline or as a guest on sc2 starter edition but I bought a actual copy of the game o_O

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
I have a similar problem with offline playing, on my PC it works most of the time, but when i try to play offline on my laptop it always tells me i have to log in with the account at least 1 time before i can play offline Oo.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
DRM? Before a few months ago I was able to play offline or as a guest. Didn't think blizzard would want a constant connection.
I think they allow you to play offline only on the computer that most recently connected to B.net

either way, it is a DRM

I would also like a way of playing with/vs a guest like with most console games

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
If its working correctly, you only need to log on every 30 days to use offline play.

My internet was down today and I couldn't play offline, it told me you can't play offline or as a guest on sc2 starter edition but I bought a actual copy of the game o_O
There as been an error circulating recently were your game will be falsely marked as a starter edition, which can prevent you from using the editor, offline mode, or Battle.net - though usually not all three. In some cases its if your system clock is off, in other cases you need to run the game as in administrator\use the repair tool, or it just plain never gets fixed or goes away by itself. >_<

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
[...]
There as been an error circulating recently were your game will be falsely marked as a starter edition, which can prevent you from using the editor, offline mode, or Battle.net - though usually not all three. In some cases its if your system clock is off, in other cases you need to run the game as in administrator\use the repair tool, or it just plain never gets fixed or goes away by itself. >_<
This sounds very professional, exactly how i imagine blizzard to work.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Staff member
To be honest the offline version has worked flawless for me every time I used it. I was suspecting the starter edition a bit, but blizzard have taken care of it. yay Blizzard !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Chat should show on the sidebar when not logged in now.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    (You'll still need to log in to post messages)
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
    Hm, it is now harder to type anything on an Android phone. Pressing Backspace or Enter keys will dismiss the Android keyboard for some reasons.

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop