starcraft II starter edition

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Kinda like age of empires online... you do get decent content for free, not mutch, but it is free ^_^ click

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a step in the right direction, but i would prefer something different.

My idea of what they should try to do is "friendship" accounts.
lets say i have a starcraft 2 account but i want to play with a friend of mine, or maybe my brother. but they dont want to buy another copy of the game just for one or two games with me.

so how would it be if i could buy a friendship account and add it to my current account, it would be like 6$ or 10$ and my friend or brother would only be able to play games with me.
they could only play online if i am online and they could only join games in which i joined. i would like this.
what would you guys say? maybe i could write an e-mail to blizzard and ask them to implement this.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Accname that sounds like a great idea. I know some of my friends who would be interested in getting into SC2 with something like that.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
My internet was down today and I couldn't play offline, it told me you can't play offline or as a guest on sc2 starter edition but I bought a actual copy of the game o_O

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with offline playing, on my PC it works most of the time, but when i try to play offline on my laptop it always tells me i have to log in with the account at least 1 time before i can play offline Oo.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
DRM? Before a few months ago I was able to play offline or as a guest. Didn't think blizzard would want a constant connection.

I think they allow you to play offline only on the computer that most recently connected to B.net

either way, it is a DRM

I would also like a way of playing with/vs a guest like with most console games

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
If its working correctly, you only need to log on every 30 days to use offline play.

My internet was down today and I couldn't play offline, it told me you can't play offline or as a guest on sc2 starter edition but I bought a actual copy of the game o_O
There as been an error circulating recently were your game will be falsely marked as a starter edition, which can prevent you from using the editor, offline mode, or Battle.net - though usually not all three. In some cases its if your system clock is off, in other cases you need to run the game as in administrator\use the repair tool, or it just plain never gets fixed or goes away by itself. >_<

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
[...]
There as been an error circulating recently were your game will be falsely marked as a starter edition, which can prevent you from using the editor, offline mode, or Battle.net - though usually not all three. In some cases its if your system clock is off, in other cases you need to run the game as in administrator\use the repair tool, or it just plain never gets fixed or goes away by itself. >_<
This sounds very professional, exactly how i imagine blizzard to work.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
To be honest the offline version has worked flawless for me every time I used it. I was suspecting the starter edition a bit, but blizzard have taken care of it. yay Blizzard !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.