Starcraft Image Editing Contest

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
The theme was if starcraft was real.

Not starcraft. :thdown:

Oh well, all submissions will go though to the poll.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Also some of these look like captions, not image edits.

If you have to dominate your image with words to convey the humour then you should probably try a different idea.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Well, mine fits into the theme. If Starcraft was real, you could have picked up a Zerg ho, after one too many ;).

But Jindo is right about the text thing, I admit :p.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
The theme was if starcraft was real.

Not starcraft. :thdown:

Oh well, all submissions will go though to the poll.

I'm pretty sure i followed that idea.

(If i try to explain my submission the joke is lost. :rolleyes: )

Durandal

Reaction score
Also some of these look like captions, not image edits.

If you have to dominate your image with words to convey the humour then you should probably try a different idea.

Not all of us are good with photoshop, or are even able to afford it

And to be honest, that was very rude as well, I had an idea, I did the best I could with limited software, and I contributed, even if it's disqualified, if I made someone laugh I've succeeded

It would be nice to win the key, but that's not why I entered

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I'm sorry if you found it rude, look at it more as a tip for winning the contest.

You don't need an expensive image editor like Photoshop to mash things together, otherwise this contest would probably be in the Graphics Zone. The contest objective is to produce a funny image edit, which could be done in Paint so long as whoever is judging this finds it humorous. My point was that captions and image edits are different; this wasn't a jab at anyone specifically, I just feel that you'd have a better chance of winning if you took this difference in to account.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I threw mine together with GIMP, which is free, and I've got the photoshopping skills of a chimp. Well, maybe not a chimp, but you get the idea.

I've got to say though in all honesty I get a little annoyed when people do "demotivational posters" for contests like this and then win out over someone who put a lot of effort into it, even if it wasn't a great image edit. Nothing personal or anything, and not just unique to this contest.

Durandal

Reaction score
I wasn't aiming to be unique ;)

Yea, and even if somehow I did win(.1% chance) I'd still give the key to someone else anyway, I'm outclassed here and I know it

krainert

Reaction score
Actually I find it a bit weird we haven't seen more competitors so far.

And on the software/skills thing: I suppose quality is a function of humor and technique so lacking technical skills shouldn't necessarily mean you don't stand a chance.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Right - i should be done in two hours - giving me 30 mins to spare D:
Edit: Faster than expected - will be up soon.

krainert

Reaction score
Here's another one from me...
tankzerg.jpg

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
OKAY its done!

Caption: Deep in the Blistering Sands, a common tactic known as "MnM" is being utilized.
mnmimage.jpg

The Original Images!
mnmoriginals.jpg

krainert

Reaction score
The Korans made me lol :)

EDIT: Someone should make a pic featuring a couple of Dark Templars ripping through an army of Marines followed by one of angry German kid...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.