AoS StasCraft™

staskax

Reaction score
Hello , I am StasMaN and I would like to present you my project

Map's Type : AoS (Aeon of Strife) with some unique features
Number Of Players per team : 4 or 5 (didn't decide yet)
Number of Heroes : Currently 24 , might be more later
Map's Size : 128x128 (standard AoS ^^)
Sides:The Forgotten Champions and The Soulless Ones
Map's Features:
3 Basic , 1 Ultimate and 1 Sealed abilities
Unique Heroes
Interesting and balanced gameplay (quality not quantity of the heroes is important in this map)
Loads of custom skins/models (I won't forget the credits of course)
Most of the spells will be triggered
Also towers will be upgradeable with different abilities (slow , entagling roots , firebolt and more
Tired of searching for items needed for recipes ? Not a problem , there will be some premade recipe shops providing you the combined items for extra cost
Lots of attribute based spells/skills to defeat imbalances and make all characters useful

Short Description : StasCraft™ is a interesting AoS style map with unique heroes , balanced gaming and not overpowered items , providing hours of fun for players

Here are some screenshots :

screen4.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen1.jpg
[/HIDDEN]

Some skins were removed , some more added (deleted lots of skins to save space)

The people I am looking for :
Modeler/Skinner
Ideas/Suggestions
Testers/Bug Finders
Extra spell maker maybe ^^
Hero Sheet and Tooltip writer

PS.:the interesting thing is Sealed Abilities . Allow me to explain :
Unlockable ability means that the ability has a requirement to unlock . At the start that ability does nothing , and it's name will be ''Seal'' or ''Sealed Ability'' and it will have a specific requirement to unlock , for example 10 hero kills , for gambler hero , 5 successful gambles in a row , spending 10k cash and etc. Once you achieve the requirement , you will be able to unlock the ability by clicking on it and then your character will enter Seal Removal state for 3 minutes (the character will become paused and invulnerable) after the time ends , you will achieve a new ability that will have great power , for example +150 movement speed or so . That's that ^^

Reaction score
StasCraft™

I'd love to see where you obtained your trademark rights. :rolleyes:

Terrain could use a bit of work, skins could be improved (via total removal), and more detail could be given about the heroes and their abilities. Otherwise, this looks like has the potential to become a decent AoS. Just don't forget to add a ridiculously overpowered assassin hero (so you have something to buff each version) and a set of ludicrously useless 'support' heroes to deter people from randoming.

staskax

Reaction score
I'd love to see where you obtained your trademark rights. :rolleyes:

Terrain could use a bit of work, skins could be improved (via total removal), and more detail could be given about the heroes and their abilities. Otherwise, this looks like has the potential to become a decent AoS. Just don't forget to add a ridiculously overpowered assassin hero (so you have something to buff each version) and a set of ludicrously useless 'support' heroes to deter people from randoming.

;D ;D Well , I am TOTALLY bad at terraining :/ , half of skins or so was removed (figured out that wc3 units look good already) , and there isn't much info about the abilities . 1 , 2 , 3 abilities will be simple (probably 4 level) abilities which either have a passive effect , either are attribute based (to make abilities useful in later game too , unlike in dota) . 4rth ability will be Ultimate (probly 3 levels)
the interesting thing is Sealed Abilities . Allow me to explain :
Unlockable ability means that the ability has a requirement to unlock . At the start that ability does nothing , and it's name will be ''Seal'' or ''Sealed Ability'' and it will have a specific requirement to unlock , for example 10 hero kills , for gambler hero , 5 successful gambles in a row , spending 10k cash and etc. Once you achieve the requirement , you will be able to unlock the ability by clicking on it and then your character will enter Seal Removal state for 3 minutes (the character will become paused and invulnerable) after the time ends , you will achieve a new ability that will have great power , for example +150 movement speed or so . That's that ^^

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> StasCraft™ is a interesting AoS style map with unique heroes , balanced gaming and not overpowered items , providing hours of fun for players

I would like you to prove that. Every single noob says that, how many gets done? None.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Am I only one who thinks that terrain looks like vagina?

Le Truth

Now, let's pick apart this sad-assed attempt at the decency of mapping.

Map's Type : AoS (Aeon of Strife) with some unique features
By 'unique' you mean boring, tired, and repetitive right?

Map's Features:
standard map features**

3 Basic , 1 Ultimate and 1 Sealed abilities
Why, if I didn't know better it sounds like you're using the same idea as nearly every other map out there..and default heroes.

Unique Heroes
Using default abilities by most likely chance. And by 'unique' you mean common and found in every other aos, right?

Interesting and balanced gameplay (quality not quantity of the heroes is important in this map)
Interesting is thrown around alot these days. A large amount about your map I believe. It's not interesting they say.
And they is quite right,at least most of the time.
From the terrain, and your other features there's nothing that encourages 'ingesting' gameplay.
Also, the quality not quanity of heroes really shows itself with 24 heroes..Hah

Loads of custom skins/models (I won't forget the credits of course)
lolz omgardards mah mapz so awzome now datz i gota custim skinz

Most of the spells will be triggered
And by this you most likely mean others premade abilities. Or dotas.

Also towers will be upgradeable with different abilities (slow , entagling roots , firebolt and more
One of the few features that I haven't seen on a feature list of other aos. I don't play many maps on bnet so I can't say how popular this one is.

Tired of searching for items needed for recipes ? Not a problem , there will be some premade recipe shops providing you the combined items for extra cost
And thus rendering the need for combining useless when you can get an item without any knowledge and alot less time than carrying around several useless items.

Lots of attribute based spells/skills to defeat imbalances and make all characters useful
X beats Y beats Z beats X
And if things are imbalanced, why do you need skills that counter the imbalance? It ends up in an infinete right that only ends with an ability tha'ts imbalanced is made to 'balance' another imbalanced ability.
And of course this entire chain of balance is broken when one or two spells aren't preset. A very bad balance choice.

Short Description : StasCraft™ is a interesting AoS style map with unique heroes , balanced gaming and not overpowered items , providing hours of fun for players
Short Description : CopycrightedCraft (tm) is a repetitive, dull AoS style map with common heroes , badly balanced gaming and underpowered to overpowered items, proving minutes of frustration for players before exiting the game

That is kind of mean since I haven't payed the game. But form your posting habit in this topic, and your ego it's quite common for over-stated Maps to end up the way I describe away.
The people I am looking for :
Modeler/Skinner
Ideas/Suggestions
Testers/Bug Finders
Extra spell maker maybe ^^
Hero Sheet and Tooltip writer
I'll give you +rep simply because you don't have "triggerman" as a job. Long ass time since I've seen a recruit map that doesn't have every position possible open.

staskax

Reaction score
> StasCraft™ is a interesting AoS style map with unique heroes , balanced gaming and not overpowered items , providing hours of fun for players

I would like you to prove that. Every single noob says that, how many gets done? None.

about unique features , read the 1st post ;D
unique heroes , I'll try as much as I can
balanced gaming , the worst part , but I'll spend as much as it needs to make good balance
not overpowered items , most of the spells will be attribute based ,
also don't call people noobs just because they are trying to make something

Response to Windex

No by unique I mean interesting , unusual and fun

standard map features**

Why, if I didn't know better it sounds like you're using the same idea as nearly every other map out there..and default heroes.

yes of course , every single AoS these days has sealed ability
Using default abilities by most likely chance. And by 'unique' you mean common and found in every other aos, right?

nope , by unique I mean unique (get english dictionary or something)
Interesting is thrown around alot these days. A large amount about your map I believe. It's not interesting they say.
From the terrain, and your other features there's nothing that encourages 'ingesting' gameplay.

Well , I am searching for a terrainer ... learn to read
also how many heroes you want , 5-10 ?

moron ...

Code:
And by this you most likely mean others premade abilities.  Or dotas.

if you're a copycat , that doesn't mean that everyone is

One of the few features that I haven't seen on a feature list of other aos. I don't play many maps on bnet so I can't say how popular this one is.

you havent' found a bad side in this ? interesting

And thus rendering the need for combining useless when you can get an item without any knowledge and alot less time than carrying around several useless items.

not really

And if things are imbalanced, why do you need skills that counter the imbalance? It ends up in an infinete right that only ends with an ability tha'ts imbalanced is made to 'balance' another imbalanced ability.
And of course this entire chain of balance is broken when one or two spells aren't preset. A very bad balance choice.

uhh , whatever

Short Description : CopycrightedCraft (tm) is a repetitive, dull AoS style map with common heroes , badly balanced gaming and underpowered to overpowered items, proving minutes of frustration for players before exiting the game

why don't you make something better and stop being so pathetic with your useless comments ?

That is kind of mean since I haven't payed the game. But form your posting habit in this topic, and your ego it's quite common for over-stated Maps to end up the way I describe away.

I don't really care about your description since you didn't actually prove anything except that you're annoying
I'll give you +rep simply because you don't have "triggerman" as a job. Long ass time since I've seen a recruit map that doesn't have every position possible open.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Le Truth

Now, let's pick apart this sad-assed attempt at the decency of mapping.

standard map features**

And by this you most likely mean others premade abilities. Or dotas.

Why do you have to be such a faggot in every thread I've seen you post in that isn't your own? How about I come and shit on a map you spent weeks making because I didn't like a few things in it. Think about what you type, before you type it.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Actually, I'd like the idea about complaing about features in my map quite alot. I ask for complaints when beta testing for a reason, not suggestions.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> about unique features , read the 1st post ;D
unique heroes , I'll try as much as I can
balanced gaming , the worst part , but I'll spend as much as it needs to make good balance
not overpowered items , most of the spells will be attribute based ,
also don't call people noobs just because they are trying to make something

I did, and yet, everybody says that about their maps. Epic phail. And I didn't say that you were a noob.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Now, let's pick apart this sad-assed attempt at the decency of mapping

Way to be a dick, and completely aware of it. -rep for sure. Try to be more constructive if you want to help, and if you don't, then don't bother posting.

Real lame :thdown:

In regards to the map...the sealed ability idea sounds neat, but I don't think you should pause anyone's hero for 3 minutes..that would get annoying very quickly I think.

staskax

Reaction score
Way to be a dick, and completely aware of it. -rep for sure. Try to be more constructive if you want to help, and if you don't, then don't bother posting.

Real lame :thdown:

In regards to the map...the sealed ability idea sounds neat, but I don't think you should pause anyone's hero for 3 minutes..that would get annoying very quickly I think.

how long time do u suggest ? :)

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe it should be based on how strong the ability, how often it was used (recently) and maybe what team is more in control.

staskax

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe it should be based on how strong the ability, how often it was used (recently) and maybe what team is more in control.

I was thinking to make my map more like DoE , not DotA , where player's skills , not item builds actually matter , not sure tho

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.