Steins;Gate

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
logo.png

I've been watching anime for a very long time, and honestly quite recently I got bored of it because most of the newer ones were either extremely similar to ones already existing or just filled with ecchi stuff that wasn't really my thing. I wanted something new, something mature, something that was different from the rest of the shows I've seen.

Seeing that I was losing interest, my friend suggested that he and I begin one of the newer ones and this was it.

Let me tell you, Steins;Gate isn't about girls waving magical wands or a guy with a large sword with sudden new powers that overturn the entire caste system in a particular world. No. Steins;Gate is centered around a group of university students and friends [somewhat] who somehow created a machine that transmits messages to the past to change the future. At first, it seems innocent and interesting, but when complications such as powerful corporations appear to take away the machine to manipulate the future for their own ends and dear friends dying the series becomes dark, gritty, and filled with morality-challenged questions. What will you sacrifice to save one person? How many tries does it take? How do you prevent certain events from happening without completely changing the present and future?

Introduction

Rintarou_Okabe.jpg

Meet Okabe Rintarou. A delusional, somewhat quirky self-proclaimed 'Mad Scientist' with an extremely obnoxious laugh. He's 18, apparently about to graduate from university, and has an impeccable interest in time travel. [Yea, I didn't like him much either in the beginning.] After completely demolishing a lecturer in his presentation of time travel mechanics, he promptly brushes off and charges down to bump into Makise Kurisu, a genius in her own right.

Kurisu_Makise.jpg

Unlike Okabe, she absolutely refutes any and all claims to time travel. In fact, she was only at the university to preach about how it was impossible to do at all. [She also happens to be a stereotypical Tsundere.] Much like how opposites attract each other, she gets curious when Okabe announces that he has a means to travel back in time.

Except moments later she's found dead in a room, surrounded by her own blood.

So when Okabe decides to text his friend 'Makise is dead. The hell is going on?', he gets a massive headache and finds himself suddenly standing outside of the university with a large gaping hole in it's roof where a satellite fell through. Stranger still was that his friend said he texted the message nearly three weeks ago.

Did the message come back through time? And how is Makise still alive? As they, along with a whole range of diverse characters, delve deeper into the time travel mystery that is Steins;Gate they get caught up in conspiracies against SERN, a time traveler named John Titor, and an incident that Okabe must first ask himself what he is willing to sacrifice to prevent.

Opening Splash

[video=youtube;DT4T8vw2Vic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT4T8vw2Vic[/video]

I feel as though the general interest in anime is slowly dying with rehashes and uninteresting ideas, but I found this series to be extremely entertaining. I would even go as far as saying this series could probably be the best one of the year.

Note: This series is one of those that keep getting better the more you watch it, the first two episodes are very confusing but they are nothing in comparison to the coming episodes. It starts picking up a whole lot faster around the fifth episodes. And I highly recommend watching at least the first three out of twenty-four episodes to pass judgement on it.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 8,112

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing! Will watch it when I have time. :)

Rhydian

Reaction score
steins gate anime? wonder if its anything like the manga on it that i just started reading :O

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Haven't read the manga itself, but after seeing the anime I am definitely looking into that.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Awesome anime. I'm pretty hooked lol. Though the characters are definitely weird in the beginning xd.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.