Spell Stomp Echo

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Second spell presented by me >>

Features:
-GUI
-Maybe there are still some leaks there tat i didnt found
-Not mui (though i duno how make it mui)
-Lagless (testing on my 512 ram comp feels not lag)
-Maybe this is just a normal spell but i would like to share it here
-My second spell map
-Still not sure if it has any bug...but i have tested many times.
-Reposted...(OMG forgoten to add instruction...added now)
-Removed unwanted trigger

Stomp Encho
Hero stomps the ground producing multiple waves of encho dealing random damage to enemy around him.
Dealing level of skill x 1000 damage

stompenchogk1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download here:
View attachment Stomp Echo fix.w3x

omg...my attachment are reaching his limit point...how to increase ???

[offtopic]Wat is reputation ???

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
nice spell mind posting if its GUI or JASS?

[offtopic] reputation is hmm how to put it, it is a thehelper.net attribute. That when you have alot of you gain certain things in the forum, people can either +rep or -rep you for things u have done.

100 rep = change little thing below your name (so instead of having <user: whats this little red button do?> you can have hi my name is jimmy)

500 rep = signature (every time you post a note you have made automatically comes up under your post.)

there are some other rewards but i cant remember them :p

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
nice spell mind posting if its GUI or JASS?

[offtopic] reputation is hmm how to put it, it is a thehelper.net attribute. That when you have alot of you gain certain things in the forum, people can either +rep or -rep you for things u have done.

100 rep = change little thing below your name (so instead of having <user: whats this little red button do?> you can have hi my name is jimmy)

500 rep = signature (every time you post a note you have made automatically comes up under your post.)

there are some other rewards but i cant remember them :p

i see....added specification to gui or jass...

sad my rep just 3 ><

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
> 500 rep = signature

I'm getting close :)

--

~Gals~, I'll take a look at the spell later (cool sfx btw), and notify you of any leaks, if there are any ;)

[offtopic] meh lucky.. i dont even have the 100 rep yet

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
You could just ask a mod, they should just give you one. They used to, but it might of changed since I was really active.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
i am trying to get very active these days but only get 3 rep ><....sad

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
hoo! Gals , i will check ur spells soon , and

[OFFTOPIC] how do i rep someone ?

*EDIT* Does your spell actually requries 3 triggers ?? hmmz.. about your spell . kinda cool looking , somewhat the same effect of thunder clap ,
but with random damages , can work as a template for other users

GJ

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The scale at the top right of every post. Choose "I approve" for +rep, "I disapprove" for -rep.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
hoo! Gals , i will check ur spells soon , and

[OFFTOPIC] how do i rep someone ?

*EDIT* Does your spell actually requries 3 triggers ?? hmmz.. about your spell . kinda cool looking , somewhat the same effect of thunder clap ,
but with random damages , can work as a template for other users

GJ

oh hi zypherx !!
template is wat ?? =.=

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
template is a simple spell/map which can be easily edited by other not-as-good spell makers .

: )

I'll try submitting my spellpack soon .. all of them are simple made spells too.. =X

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
> actually ...wat is spell pack ?? @@

a couple of spells put in one map, a pack of spells :p

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Let me show you how to use the "For Each Integer a from x to y do (Actions)" action. This is from one of your triggers:
Code:
Actions
    Set skill_loca[0] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[0] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[45] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 45.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[45] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[90] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[90] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[135] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 135.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[135] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[180] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[180] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[225] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 225.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[225] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[270] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[270] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[315] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 315.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[315] facing Default building facing degrees
This is the same part with the "For each..." action:
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 0 to 8, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Set skill_loca[((Integer A) x 45)] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 45.00) degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[((Integer A) x 45)] facing Default building facing degrees
And everytime you use Position of (Casting Unit), your creating a leak. Assign the position to a variable, and destroy it at the end of the trigger. Use Trigger Unit instead of Casting Unit, it's the same thing, but Trigger Unit is faster and more reliable. You should also change the player that get's the dummies to Owner of (Triggering Unit) to make it more dynamic.

Keep it up.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not bad, although it is odd.

First of all, the thunder clap AoE is bigger than the damage AoE, which results in some units being hit by the no-damage thunderclap and getting slowed but not receiving damage.

Also, this spell could have been done MUI easily, you don't need all that stuff!

> Wait 0.30 seconds

Why wait? Breaks MUI for nothing.

> Trigger - Run Special effects <gen> (ignoring conditions)
> Trigger - Run damage <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Why use 2 different triggers to do things that could have been done in one?
Just add their actions to the main trigger, remove all the waits and it's MUI. You don't need to wait before destroying effects. They destroy themselves after a minimum of 1 cycle.

The trigger "damage" should've really been in the main trigger. Useless there, alone.

You could also do what Tom_Jones said. Faster and better.

skill_hero shouldn't be array.

Overall nice, but you need to do all these things before I can consider it.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Let me show you how to use the "For Each Integer a from x to y do (Actions)" action. This is from one of your triggers:
Code:
Actions
    Set skill_loca[0] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[0] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[45] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 45.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[45] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[90] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[90] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[135] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 135.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[135] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[180] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[180] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[225] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 225.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[225] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[270] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[270] facing Default building facing degrees
    Set skill_loca[315] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 315.00 degrees)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[315] facing Default building facing degrees
This is the same part with the "For each..." action:
Code:
For each (Integer A) from 0 to 8, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Set skill_loca[((Integer A) x 45)] = ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 45.00) degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 dummy stomper for Player 1 (Red) at skill_loca[((Integer A) x 45)] facing Default building facing degrees
And everytime you use Position of (Casting Unit), your creating a leak. Assign the position to a variable, and destroy it at the end of the trigger. Use Trigger Unit instead of Casting Unit, it's the same thing, but Trigger Unit is faster and more reliable. You should also change the player that get's the dummies to Owner of (Triggering Unit) to make it more dynamic.

Keep it up.

so sad...u are too pro..i dun understand wat u are talking...:( :'(

Not bad, although it is odd.

First of all, the thunder clap AoE is bigger than the damage AoE, which results in some units being hit by the no-damage thunderclap and getting slowed but not receiving damage.

i will smaller the aoe at the objeck editor...

Also, this spell could have been done MUI easily, you don't need all that stuff!

> Wait 0.30 seconds

Why wait? Breaks MUI for nothing.

wow...though i duno how to make mui...so i add the wait 0.30 seconds...XD
so u means that if i delete the wait 0.30 then the triger will be mui already??

> Trigger - Run Special effects <gen> (ignoring conditions)
> Trigger - Run damage <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Why use 2 different triggers to do things that could have been done in one?
Just add their actions to the main trigger, remove all the waits and it's MUI. You don't need to wait before destroying effects. They destroy themselves after a minimum of 1 cycle.

The trigger "damage" should've really been in the main trigger. Useless there, alone.

u know...i am a noob mapper...i seperate them to 3 triger to let me not to mess up all the thing...i seen the effects doesn't work properly so i added the wait0.30 to it...(the effect destroyed before they show out all effects)

You could also do what Tom_Jones said. Faster and better.

skill_hero shouldn't be array.

Overall nice, but you need to do all these things before I can consider it.

i...duno wat tom_jones say in last post...
and...skill_hero variables shouldn't be array ?? y??

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Tom Jones said :

What he meant is , if u used a Position of (Casting Unit) trigger , u create a leak . U can clear this leak through simple JASS .
Like this - > Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Caster_Position)

and . use Triggering Unit instead of Casting unit at it is faster and better .

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
EH !!! wait...i cant delete the Wait 0.30 second action !! bcoz i need the effects like:
hero cast (stomp once)
wait a little while
area around hero stomp again..(like an echo)

but if i del the wait action..
it will be :
hero cast..(hero and area around hero stomp together...)

[EDIT] New map updated

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.