Stomp Spell Terrain

Draganizer

Reaction score
I am trying to make a stomp spell just slow units but i also want the terrain to change into ice. It goes well until the ending of the trigger I want the ice terrain to go away and the terrain is back to normal. How would i go about doing this?

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
When you have a trigger problem, post you trigger ;)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This will not be the easy kind of trigger.
What you would need to do is store the terrain type of each tile which is affected by your spell before you change it. Then, after the effect ends, change the terrain type again to what was previously saved.

The hard part is saving those information because it would need quite some data management.
If this spell is supposed to be MUI you will not get around using a hashtable.
If this spell should be MPI you could possibly do it with an array.
If this spell is neither MPI then it could be much easier and you dont need more then an array to store the tile information.

Draganizer

Reaction score
well that sucks... i dont know much about triggering xD was hoping it was gonna be easy xD lol. This is why i need a spell maker D:

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Hmmm, it might not be what you exatly looking for ,but i have this idea,

Trigger:
  • Frost Stomp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TerrainType_Default = (Terrain type at (Position of (Triggering unit)))
          • Wait 0.10 seconds
          • Environment - Change terrain type at (Position of (Triggering unit)) to Icecrown Glacier - Ice using variation -1 in an area of size 4 and shape Circle
          • Set TerrainType_Alternate = (Terrain type at (Position of (Triggering unit)))
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Environment - Change terrain type at (Position of (Triggering unit)) to TerrainType_Default using variation -1 in an area of size 4 and shape Circle
        • Else - Actions

The only problem with this is...that... yea, your Previous terrain might get some changes.. :( , but anyhow, it should give you a starting point , so check it out, mess around with it a little and perhaps you will figure out your 'perfect' solution , hope i helped a bit :thup:

Ps. TerrainType_Default ,and TerrainType_Alternate, are Terrain Type Variables.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
every time you change the terrain, add its data to a stack along with a timer event, when the time expires revert it to normal terrain type.

You need: Jass: (Struct, Timers) and a custom code function like that.
Trigger:
  • Trigger:
    • Frost Stomp
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
      • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = Position of (Triggering unit)
          • Set TerrainType_Default = (Terrain type at (TempPoint))
          • call queue(udg_TerrainType_Default, udg_TempPoint, 1.0)
          • Environment - Change terrain type at (TempPoint) to Icecrown Glacier - Ice using variation -1 in an area of size 4 and shape Circle
          • call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
        • Else - Actions

Inside the function you call the timer function and remove the first node when it expires. You need assistance from someone who know jass. (I am bored :p)
And it's MUI, not leaked ofc. But it can be done better.

In GUI it's a little complicated. for me

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.