Stop complaining

punwisp

Reaction score
I have seen many people complain about the editor...

This....Is...A....Beta

This isn't even the full map editor, and its not 100%, the main aspect they want us to mess with right now is terraining, and didn't include any triggers other than the basic ones needing to start/play a map.

This is a beta, not full release, its not perfect, its not super pretty, stop whining. Simple as that

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
good point Zwie.

@punwisp
how else are you supposed yo make your complaints heard over all the other thousands?

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I bet that the triggers we see in this beta, will just be 90% the same in the official editor. Not complaining, I'm a little satisfied with the editor right now.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
this editor sucks.
i hate life.

Blizzard should fly to my home for a face to face apology for this excuse of an app called an editor.

lol
actually its what I expected, but of course I hope for more

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
The 2MB script limit makes SC2 less capable script-wise than WC3. (especially in combination with the fixed size arrays)

I don't see why I shouldn't complain about it.

wizaerd

Reaction score
Hmmm, it's a conundrum... Which is worse, people complaining about beta software, or people who complain about complainers...:nuts:

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I hate seafood!

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
This whole thread is retarded. It's a Beta.

Definition of Beta:

"Beta" is the software development phase following alpha, named after the Greek letter beta. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release.
The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software for free or for a reduced price.
Beta version software is likely to be useful for internal demonstrations and previews to select customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, a prototype, a technical preview (TP) or as an early access.

Blizzard WANTS people to complain about the game. This helps them FIX and CHANGE the game to be better. What part of that don't you understand?

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This whole thread is retarded. It's a Beta.

Definition of Beta:

Blizzard WANTS people to complain about the game. This helps them FIX and CHANGE the game to be better. What part of that don't you understand?

with that being said... I see a big difference between constructive complaints and flame threads. Sometimes I feel that some people don't want this editor to be good so they can tell everyone how smart they were for hating it from the moment it came out.
I'm still excited about the editor while there are lows... I hope one day I can actually create something without having to hope that it works as intended^^
I btw. feel completely taken back to first editing with world editor... compared to staredit it's so complicated. There are things that were easier to do with the staredit. While there wasn't anything that couldn't be done by world edit on the long run^^
I hope that won't be different with the galaxy editor...

Btw. I have no idea of that script issue... but is it possible that the creation of a mod can expand that? I mean we can only edit maps... but there should be many default values if youre supposed to create mods with various maps attached to them. (so data that is stored outside of the actual map file)

Then again, I have no idea. Do you?:confused:

Winterherz

Reaction score
I have seen many people complain about the editor...

This....Is...A....Beta

This isn't even the full map editor, and its not 100%, the main aspect they want us to mess with right now is terraining, and didn't include any triggers other than the basic ones needing to start/play a map.

This is a beta, not full release, its not perfect, its not super pretty, stop whining. Simple as that

omg sticky pls! lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.