Minigame Stop, Look, Splat!

Do you think this mingame is good? (Rate if you have played)

• It's ok, but you should redo most of it (give explanation)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Stop, Look, Splat!

About

Stop, Look, Splat is a short minigame, based on the quick game taht most people know where you had to get the frog across the road to it's pond, while advoiding the many cars driving really fast.

Although it's like that the story is different. You are a very fat bunny rabit who got lost in the woods, seperated from your owner who lives across Stormwinds busy road. This road should be quite, but the animals have escaped from their cages and now run freely down this stretch of road.

You, the bunny, need to cross the road without being splatterd by these fast moving animals. You will need quick reflexs to move quickly through the small gaps and Patience to wait for the right moment.

Objective of the Game

There are 10 levels. The terrain for each of the 10 levels is the same, it's just the amount of units that are spawned changes. It gets harder, much harder. The objective is to make the most score and reach level 10 without losing all 3 of your wonderful lives. There are items (see below) that can help you gain score but you get 10 points per level you complete - so if you reach level 10 and complete it you have a minimum amount of 100 points.

How to Play

Simple really, using the arrow keys, manuvure your self around moving animals, advoiding them and reach the other side. Of course theres extra stuff to it but thats the basics.

Inside the Game

Animals

Sheep - They are slow, not extremly slow but slower than you. But don't let your guard down even if they are at the first stage of the game. There is a lot of them, and when i say a lot i MEAN a lot. They will wander down from both ends and they will usally stay in packs of 5, perhaps a few will go by them selves but usally they won't cause you trouble.

Racoon - These cheekly blighters have been mocking us for years. They are fast but small, there is only two spawning points for them so they are usally the breather. Sometimes though they can spawn in such a way where they keep coming and coming but usally they are easy, just the silence before the storm.

Dogs - Yes, this is the storm. The dogs move atleast 3x your speed and they are quite common. They arn't in numbers like the sheep but they are not far behind. They move fast, very fast so don't try to run infront of them thinking you'll make it. They are the last animal and they are usally what will kill you.

Other things In The Game

Items

Need more score - collect items. Every level 6 items will spawn in random places around the map. If your feeling up to it go out and collect those items. If you carry items and then reach the end you will gain extra score. For every 1 item you return you gain 3 score. But be warned! For every item you carry you will be slowed by -10. If you have 6 items with you, you will move slower than the sheepies.

Barrels

They appear on the section between the raccoons and the dogs. They don't do much, they just stop you from walking all the way up and all the way back. This means your limited to a certain area which you can cross in. I guess this won't affect you much but it can be a pain in sometimes where you have been waiting for a gap, seen it but because of the barrels you could line your self up with it.

The minigame can be quite fun and challenging so i want to see how you did. Below is the top 10 scores, if you want to submit a score just post it here along with a screen shot and i will see if you have reached the top ten. If you want to submit just fill this short thing out.

Name:
Score:
Level Reached:

Key - Name, Score, Level defeated at

1 - Duderock101, 58, Level 5
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Note: You could cheat and win the game easily, but that would be unfair on the people who can actually play a game and win. If you cheat this game is boring, boring and boring. Don't bother submitting if you have cheated, i won't be able to tell if you have but if you do, i hope your proud your letting the community down.

Sceenshots

StopLookSplat1.jpg

The sheep

StopLookSplat3.jpg

Another picture of the sheep

StopLookSplat5.jpg

It's dark, scary and those racoons and dogs are looking at me...

StopLookSplat7.jpg

But i made it anyway!

StopLookSplat8.jpg

The next level, i've been hurt twice. One more time an I shall...

StopLookSplat6.jpg

...die. Oh... (This is where you take your screen shots unless you reached level 10 - if you reached level 10 and it says congrats you have won you must take your screenshot within 10 seconds before the winning screen comes up!)

Please can i have feedback on this project. Thanks for anyfeed back and if you used the poll can you explain your answer if i have asked if you can. This will help me forward this minigame for more to enjoy. Also, if you played and want to submit a highscore remember to attach a screenshot. You can remove the attachment once i have replied to it. Thanks again guys!

Unit i can get this fixed you will need to download the campaign containing the one map. Save it into your Warcraft 3/campaign folder, this will allow you to play it.

Created by Duderock101

Attachments

• Stop, Look, Splat.w3n
    35 KB · Views: 184

duderock101

Reaction score
I am sorry it wasn't working correctly. Newgen messed it up, download it and play it as a custom camapign. It should work then

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
You can cheat at the sides lol... :)

*I don't like the music.
*I don't like the rabbit, make it a cat.
*It glitched at level 8, saying I made it to level 10 when I didn't.

It's good, but I think it's missing something (Give explanation)
You need more WOW and FUN factor!!! Something that appeals and catches the eye.....

duderock101

Reaction score
i don't like the music.

Strange... there isn't any music set. The only sound i use is when you get splatted.

I don't like the rabbit, make it a cat.

Whats wrong with the fat rabbit? It's almost eatser you know... i might change to cat, or even let you choose.

*It glitched at level 8, saying I made it to level 10 when I didn't.

thanks, ill fix that.

You need more WOW and FUN factor!!! Something that appeals and catches the eye.....

any suggestions?

You can cheat at the sides lol...

Really? I didn't notice it, i will fix it on the next verison

Thanks for comment

At least you tested before you voted and actually gave an explamnation +rep. I am actually gunna start giving -rep to those who vote but havn't actually played it or explained why they gave that answer.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
By trying to do -rep to people who vote but haven't play it or explained it, you are driving people away who gives comments based on your description and screenshots.

Fix the fonts especially the yellow font for the word Sheep, you know people can get colour blind from looking at that.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Woot New High Score!!
Fire-Wolf 115 Level 8

Only because it said I was at level 10 xD Heres Proof
newhs.jpg

After testing it, I found that it was ok, but very challenging. Its different I like that, but the collisions are far from perfect.. I was on the grass and got splatered many times from not even getting hit by the animal. But for the first version it was good. I hope you continue this and I wish you the best of luck.

Septimus

Reaction score
1) Terrain - The terrain isn't good but it doesn't matter since the game generic was mini-games. However, a good terrain would definitely be a merit.

2) Collision size - The racoon was quite far from me, but I get killed. I recommend you to trigger it instead of using immolation.

3) Replayability - Very low, it have 10 level and it was repetitive all over again. To make it worst, you did not add a save/load score for it; rendering user to lost interest faster than a ice melt in a fire.

4) Description/Detail/Information - You only provide a basic information and yet the information are still lacking, you did not tell the user where is the end was; is it goes to the east or to the north of the map? That is the thing you did not inform us about it. Sure, your description at here explain it, but what if you post it at other site such as epicwar.com? Adding a hint message could also be useful.

5) Bug/Error - The moment the game started, the rabbit automatically move as it got mind of his own.

Also, crossing the finish line would only drop 1 item. This make the scoring soo easy. If you view my score, you would notice my score was 122 at level 6.

c21bbebfef.jpg

6) Balance - This map was way too inbalance, trying to solve level 6 was impossible. Just take a look at the screenshot above and tell me if there is any gap left for me to cross it.

It was way too simple, too low replayability, way too inbalance especially level 6 above and it have bug.

What need to be fix?

Balance issue - Reduce the creep spawn or movement speed, remove the immolation and use trigger instead.

Terrain - Sure, it was a mini-game. Then again, if the replayability was very low; a good terrain could at least lure the player to linger a while longer.

Description - Tell user their destination was at the north of the map. Based on the width of the map, they could mistaken it to go to east.

Item - Remove all item once it reach the destination.

Save/load - Add save/load to store the score. I do not understand why you are making this as a campaign and yet you did not use save/load to save the high score.

My rating was 1/5 (Unacceptable).

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
3023rlf.jpg

not droping all the thingys when 1 level is complete is lame :S

also, the collion size is HUGE... the road to me was the hardes by all was the sheeps, witch was to be the easyest, and the easyest was the dogs even tho it was said to be the hardest...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.