Stopping a Dummy Spell that uses "Channel" from being castable on allies

Sgt_Johnson

Reaction score
Just as the title says, the majority of spells in an RPG I'm working on use Channel as a dummy spell and have some other custom effects to them. For some odd reason however the Dummy spells can be casted on allies, ignoring that the only allowable targets enabled are "Enemy, Ground, Not Self".

The issue is this:

1) The spells will hit allies, thus triggering a cooldown and using mana.
2) The triggers are activating from this, yes this is easily fixable by just making it so the trigger cannot go off when the spell is cast on an ally, but I wouldn't need that if this bug wasn't occuring in the first place.

Is there some thing that just hasn't caught my eye on Channel to stop it from being castable on allies? I just recently started using Channel for my dummy spells (Used regular spells before) so it's very possible I'm just missing something.

(There was another thing about channel I was having an issue with that I can't remember, I'll edit when I do)

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
I recall Channel to have different target conditions then the rest. Perhaps there's some guide or something about it.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Try removing Not Self. It might be considering those conditions as "Ground, Enemy or Not Self". You won't be able to cast it on yourself anyway, as you aren't your own enemy. :p

Sgt_Johnson

Reaction score
Try removing Not Self. It might be considering those conditions as "Ground, Enemy or Not Self". You won't be able to cast it on yourself anyway, as you aren't your own enemy. :p

Trying this, stand-by

Edit: Wow that was actually it xD thanks Weep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.