Storing user created threads

SyrisX

Reaction score
Its me... again....

I am having some problems with a new system I am creating. I want to be able to save a string entered by users in game, and call that string at a later time.

Think of it as a reminder system, where a user wants to store a reminder that will appear for him again at a specified time.

If anyone has any ideas where I should start when creating this system I would appreciate the help.

Nexor

Reaction score
You could use Gamecache if you are using GUI. then make a string variable and make a trigger which will run when a specific command is written before the string you want to store, like:

-store I WANT THIS STRING TO STORE

then set the string after the "-store" part into the variable and save it to the gamecache and restore it again after another command (-load, or something)

Nexor

Reaction score
I suggested a GUI solution.

If you are using JASS then you should write this thread to the JASS forum

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Event: Player X types a chat message containing "-reminder:" as a substring
Conditions:
Actions: Set (StringVariable[Player Number of (Triggering Player)] to Substring of last typed chat message 11,45

Event: Player X types a chat message containing "-Remind" as an exact match
Conditions:
Actions: Display (StringVariable[Player Number of (Triggering Player) to all players matching ((Matching Player) equal to (Triggering Player))

This should be MPI, but it will only allow each player to store one message with 35 characters in the message. To allow more characters, just change the '45' in the first trigger's actions to lower for a lower number or higher for a higher number.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can use Hashtables in GUI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.