Story Rewriter Thread

Technomancer

The Rules

First post is a single sentence.

Every successive post adds an idea or element to it.

No posting twice in a row.

The goal is to add as much as you can with as few words as possible.

Example:
1) We were standing in the rain.
2) We stood outside of the restaurant in the rain.
3) Two journalists stood outside of the restaurant in the pouring rain.
4) Two journalists stood outside of the restaurant in the pouring rain. One lit a cigar, and began speaking.
5) Four journalists stood outside of the restaurant in the pouring rain, deadly silent. One lit his cigar, and in a gruff voice said "This isn't the kind of thing I had imagined I'd be doing at fourty-eight."
etc.

I'll start.

Chicago is a hell of a town.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
It's one the hells of New York, concealing dark secrets within it's streets.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Staff member
INTERRUPTION! Can we change the order of the words?

And I don't get that:

It is one the hells of New York?

Shouldn't it be: It is one of the hells of New York? Or am I missing something?
And isn't is "Savvy"? ... i feel stupid.

Here is my continuation, it might be wrong:

We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
INTERRUPTION!
Shouldn't it be: It is one of the hells of New York? Or am I missing something?
And isn't is "Savvy"? ... i feel stupid.
INTERRUPTION!
1: Correct, I forgot to type another of.
2: Not correct, savvy/savvie doesnt really have a way to type it, as long as it sounds like savvie.

-------------------------------------------------------------
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when.....

thewrongvine

Staff member
To the... savvy savvie thing.... ahhhhh.
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when | a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out... |

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch.

thewrongvine

Staff member
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches.

thewrongvine

Staff member
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about too jump off...

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about too jump off until a dark, ominous shadow covered me...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about too jump off until a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on.

thewrongvine

Staff member
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about to jump off when a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on. I screeched loudly and dived into the garbage bin.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about to jump off when a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on. I screeched loudly and dived into the garbage bin. After 5 minutes, when I came out, I realised it was'nt my hair that was pasted on my head, but a moldy can of spaghetti.

thewrongvine

Staff member
Interruption: Isn't it realize? not realise? i keep see realise.

We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about to jump off when a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on. I screeched loudly and dived into the garbage bin. After 5 minutes, when I came out, I realised it wasn't my hair that was pasted on my head, but a moldy can of spaghetti. Mentally stained by all that had happened, I rushed out of town on a girl's bicycle.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Interruption: You're right, I'm not very good at typing. U keep realised, I'll change it to realized. :D

We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about to jump off when a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on. I screeched loudly and dived into the garbage bin. After 5 minutes, when I came out, I realized it wasn't my hair that was pasted on my head, but a moldy can of spaghetti. Mentally stained by all that had happened, I rushed out of town on a girl's bicycle. What I did not know, was that the little girl who owned the bicycle was hunting me with a knife, while riding on a iron plated machinegun mounted moose.

Please watch your language.

--SilverHawk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The old shoutbox wasn't supported anymore. We updated xenForo, so it had to be replaced.
  • jonas jonas:
    let's see if everyone finds it... the nice thing about the shoutbox was I could check on it even while logged out, but the existence of this one is hidden when you're not logged in
  • Ghan Ghan:
    We can fix that.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Chat should show on the sidebar when not logged in now.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    (You'll still need to log in to post messages)
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop