Story Rewriter Thread

Technomancer

Reaction score
The Rules

First post is a single sentence.

Every successive post adds an idea or element to it.

No posting twice in a row.

The goal is to add as much as you can with as few words as possible.

Example:
1) We were standing in the rain.
2) We stood outside of the restaurant in the rain.
3) Two journalists stood outside of the restaurant in the pouring rain.
4) Two journalists stood outside of the restaurant in the pouring rain. One lit a cigar, and began speaking.
5) Four journalists stood outside of the restaurant in the pouring rain, deadly silent. One lit his cigar, and in a gruff voice said "This isn't the kind of thing I had imagined I'd be doing at fourty-eight."
etc.

I'll start.

Chicago is a hell of a town.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's one the hells of New York, concealing dark secrets within it's streets.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
INTERRUPTION! Can we change the order of the words?

And I don't get that:

It is one the hells of New York?

Shouldn't it be: It is one of the hells of New York? Or am I missing something?
And isn't is "Savvy"? ... i feel stupid.

Here is my continuation, it might be wrong:

We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
INTERRUPTION!
Shouldn't it be: It is one of the hells of New York? Or am I missing something?
And isn't is "Savvy"? ... i feel stupid.

INTERRUPTION!
1: Correct, I forgot to type another of.
2: Not correct, savvy/savvie doesnt really have a way to type it, as long as it sounds like savvie.

-------------------------------------------------------------
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when.....

thewrongvine

Reaction score
To the... savvy savvie thing.... ahhhhh.
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when | a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out... |

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Forum games are not allowed I'm afraid.

You should use Report Post on these - its up to the Writers Zone Mods if they want to allow it and Report Post will notify them. I have already reported this one.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about too jump off...

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about too jump off until a dark, ominous shadow covered me...

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about too jump off until a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about to jump off when a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on. I screeched loudly and dived into the garbage bin.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about to jump off when a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on. I screeched loudly and dived into the garbage bin. After 5 minutes, when I came out, I realised it was'nt my hair that was pasted on my head, but a moldy can of spaghetti.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Interruption: Isn't it realize? not realise? i keep see realise.

We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about to jump off when a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on. I screeched loudly and dived into the garbage bin. After 5 minutes, when I came out, I realised it wasn't my hair that was pasted on my head, but a moldy can of spaghetti. Mentally stained by all that had happened, I rushed out of town on a girl's bicycle.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Interruption: You're right, I'm not very good at typing. U keep realised, I'll change it to realized. :D

We rested in Chicago, one of the hells of New York that concealed many dark secrets within its streets. We were just passing a regular garabage bin when a swirling, black substance suddenly flew out and stole our lunch. It started to cloud away but just before it totaly vanished we menaged to grab hold of the box with peanutbutter sandwitches. Enraged by this, I climbed a nearby ladder and ripped off my hair. I was about to jump off when a dark, ominous shadow covered me and pasted my hair back on. I screeched loudly and dived into the garbage bin. After 5 minutes, when I came out, I realized it wasn't my hair that was pasted on my head, but a moldy can of spaghetti. Mentally stained by all that had happened, I rushed out of town on a girl's bicycle. What I did not know, was that the little girl who owned the bicycle was hunting me with a knife, while riding on a iron plated machinegun mounted moose.

Please watch your language.

--SilverHawk

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.