strange happening, please explain.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
I just had something very strange happen when testing my map out. I have basically started over on a very large project that I could not fix a bug on. I am copying unit by unit from my old map to this one until to see where I run into issues. So from the editor I clicked the test map button to launch WCIII and test my map for stability, and what it did I have never seen before. I don't know if it correlates but when I went to build my lumber mill; it displayed on the screen a Hero's ability learn description in large yellow text across the lower middle of my screen, (it did this a couple of times with the same description) taking up about half my screen. I didn't think to get a screen capture but I kinda of wish I would have because it was really strange. I retested my map to see if this would reoccur and it has not. I am worried that my map may be unstable and that if I continue to work on this, more problems will arise. Any suggestions? As always thanks in advance for you time guys. Oh and btw it has nothing to do with triggers either as I have only imported a few of them and therein exist nothing that would account for this. So strange. :nuts:

Father_Yetti

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thats weird.... Did you go through the abilitys in your map to see what one it was? Maybe what was supposed to be there and what you saw are based off something similar?

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Thats weird.... Did you go through the abilitys in your map to see what one it was? Maybe what was supposed to be there and what you saw are based off something similar?

Well I know my map very intimately and I knew right away which ability it was but have yet to find a link between it and the occurrence. What should I be looking for?

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Are you using custom game interface. If not and the custom box is thicked then unthick it

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Are you using custom game interface. If not and the custom box is thicked then unthick it

Uhm I'm not sure how to unthick it would you mind elaborating for me?

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Okay what the douche, I just tried to use a cheat in my map, and its said: 'Stonemaul Warlord' the name of a custom unit I created instead of 'cheat enabled'. I went into gameplay interface and there it was for the cheat enabled, as well as a bunch of other junk I absolutely positively did not place there. It's like it just randomly decided to cut and paste random text found throughout my map into random fields in the game interface. How the hell did it dream this up on it's own? This is a brand new map, I have only been working on this thing for a few days now and started with a fresh template.:nuts::nuts::nuts:

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
When importing triggers from an old map to a new map, variables, units and other stuff will randomly change... (don't know why). I went through the same thing as you. I had to go through every single trigger and make sure everything was right (took forever).

Sorry not much help ):

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
No that's fine I appreciate it, and yes I have experienced this in triggers but never in gameplay interface like this. It's just strange. I will have to keep my eye on it.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Well, good luck. Maybe try calling blizz up? (their best tech support is through phone)

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Well, good luck. Maybe try calling blizz up? (their best tech support is through phone)

I appreciate it but unless they changed something they don't support the editor. You are right about getting good support on the phone though, this has been my experience as well, thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.