Strange Trigger Issue

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Hi. I'm having weird problems with this spell trigger that I created. Its supposed to heal, but for some reason it damages.

All the variables are real variables.

Trigger:
  • Heal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heal
    • Actions
      • Set Cleric_Heal_Constant = ((Real((Level of Heal for (Triggering unit)))) / 10.00)
      • Set Cleric_Heal_Amount = ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) / Cleric_Heal_Constant)
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + Cleric_Heal_Amount)

N582114

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem where my trigger should do damage, but heals instead.

Perhaps you can take a look at his/her trigger and mine too.
Trigger:
  • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.10))%

Corleone

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem where my trigger should do damage, but heals instead.

Perhaps you can take a look at his/her trigger and mine too.
Trigger:
  • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x 0.10))%

The problem in your trigger could be that you're using a percentage. Imagine that the life of the unit is 100, and its max life is 500. That would mean that you set the life of the unit (100) to (100-(500*0.1)) = 50% of 500 = 250, thus greatly healing the unit.

You should use absolute values, instead of percentages. That same scenario would then lead to the correct results ( id est, damage )

By the way, Avaleirra, your trigger is a bit unintuitive. When a unit has a low level of Heal it will heal for a greater amount, but as its level goes up the healing done gets lower. Notice that you're dividing by a fraction.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Oh crap....it isn't supposed to do that.... Can you give me a suggestion to fix it?

It's supposed to heal for 10% of the casters intellect per level.

Corleone

Reaction score
That's simple. Just change the division sign into a multiplication sign: That way you multiply the intelligence by 0.1 ( which is equivalent to 10% ) for each level, instead of dividing it by 0.1 for each level.

Trigger:
  • Heal
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heal
    • Actions
      • Set Cleric_Heal_Constant = ((Real((Level of Heal for (Triggering unit)))) / 10.00)
      • Set Cleric_Heal_Amount = ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x Cleric_Heal_Constant)
      • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) + Cleric_Heal_Amount)

As for the damage effect, are you sure the ability itself isn't damaging? Or perhaps the bonuses lead to negative intelligence?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.