String problem

TomTTT

Reaction score
!~Solved~!
I wanted to try disabling cheats such as greedisgood in case you play in single, so I made kinda simple trigger, and the problem is that it won't even shoot - I mean it just won't start, even the message is not displayed. I tried if or without the conditions, still won't work... Help?
Trigger:
  • greedisgood
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing greedisgood as A substring
    • Conditions
      • (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 11)) Equal to greedisgood
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Entered chat string), 13, 13)) Not equal to -
        • Then - Actions
          • Set tmpString = (Substring((Entered chat string), 13, (Length of (Entered chat string))))
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 3.00 seconds the text: (Please don't cheat! + (tmpString + gold is taken back from you.))
          • Player - Add (-1 x (Integer(tmpString))) to (Triggering player) Current gold
          • Player - Add (-1 x (Integer(tmpString))) to (Triggering player) Current lumber
        • Else - Actions

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Yeah cheats don't trigger that event. You could do something like periodically checking all players gold, and if all of a sudden the amount is much higher, you would know they cheated. Though this wouldn't work if they keep increasing their gold by small amounts. You could also prevent the game from being played in single player.

Jedi

Reaction score
Or you can give all golds by triggers and save gold values of all players, when a players has more gold than you gived, cheater :O

TomTTT

Reaction score
Oh, didn't know they don't trigger... crap. :D
Ok thanks I'll do as Ryushi suggested.

DioD

Reaction score
there is no reason to prevent cheating in single player...

completely no reason, if someone want to cheat, he will cheat anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.