Sud/Soulcorruptr's WoW Movies Thread

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
For those of you who haven't seen them yet, I currently have three movies up at http://hosted.filefront.com/dasud

clubbin.avi - new solutions to a growing problem - farmers! Inspired by the great seal clubbers of the north, we club the farmers to reduce their numbers before they overrun the environment! Comedy themed.

timeless.avi - my first feature length PvP video. Lots of footage of myself up against some of the best of the server. Lots of 1v1s, rank 14s, greater numbers vs me, and a couple group clips. Oh, and a lot of people running in terror.

MindControlled.wmv - another comedy feature, and the first movie I ever did. I torment countless newbies with the horrors of the priest mind control spell, with some PvP interjected at the end.

I'm currently working on my second feature PvP movie. Now that I'm in rank 13 gear, I'm hoping to make it consist of nothing but groups vs me and hard fought 1v1s. Critiques welcomed. And yes, my UI will make your skin crawl.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Nice, I will check this out tomorrow. It looks beautiful :)
I don't have time now since I got some Math to do... :eek:

Btw, noone can beat my UI, it looks worser than.. Who knows what :eek:

EDIT: Dling right now. :p

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I watched Timeless, and in all honestly I didnt like it much :eek:.

But even as you said your unit frames wanna make me /wrists :p! They're terrible! Just like the default Discord ones. They're so huge aswell my eyes just kept getting drawn to them, distracting from the movie.

Also the music. It was kinda the same style horror-classical style stuff. Personally I think PvP movies should have rock and metal in them, I wasnt really getting 'into it' and the music was one thing that did that.

Also it was just PvP clip after PvP clip strung together for 37mins. Kinda boring and repetitive. Why not have some cool/funny stuff in between rather than just clip after clip?

But that's pretty much it. It's obvoius that your a good PvPer it's just the Movie doesnt do justice towards that. Work on these things and it'll be much more enjoyable to watch!

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I downloaded 'clubbin' and it was just 12 minutes of a faint gray elipse in the middle of the screen, in both WMP and RealPlayer.

Oh and some final fantasy background music.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
It requires the latest DivX codec in order to function properly

Also the music. It was kinda the same style horror-classical style stuff. Personally I think PvP movies should have rock and metal in them, I wasnt really getting 'into it' and the music was one thing that did that.

The problem being of course that's the standard formula for every PvP movie. It's getting so bad with the pop music that I'm literally hearing the same songs in different people's PvP movies. I wanted to go with something a little bit different from the normal grain, but that of course is up to your own personal tastes.

For an idea of what I'm talking about, check out the last few minutes of World of Roguecraft: Episode One. It shows exactly what I'm talking about in a humorous parody of what pvp movies have become.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I give it 10/5, you used Heroes of might and magic 3 AND starcraft music. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.