Suggest some good games!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
What I am looking for is simple, RPGs.

I got a PS2, Xbox (not 360), N64, GB advanced, PC.

What I currently have is:

Final Fantasy 7, tactics, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, tactics advanced.
Dragon Quest 8
Dragon Warrior Monsters 1&2
Kingdom Hearts 1, chain of memories, 2
Pokemon Yellow, Ruby
Sword of Mana
Diablo 2 LoD
Hellgate: London
---------------------

Yea, I <3 RPGs.

What I would like is some names of good RPGs, alnog with the reason they are good! Also, I love my stories, they need good stories and game play. I do not want things such as Obliviion, I want back and forth Time/Turn battles, like a basic RPG.

Also, Tactic RPGs are what I really want. I got FFT, which is great, but I want more, and all I can find that looks ok is Deasgea(SP?). I would really like more of these.

Much <3 Pineapple

PS. I dislike Games that take place in our planet (ex. WW2, future) I also dislike too much moder technology (cell Phones, cars, tanks) I prefer medieval

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Advanced Wars. Turn battles where you build armies and fight, it has a good storyline imo, and is really fun.

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
Assassins Creed, Ace Combat 6, Halo 3 are good games all available on 360, but for rpgs i would say WoW, the other game that ruins lives on xbox Oblivion.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Assassins Creed, Ace Combat 6, Halo 3 are good games all available on 360, but for rpgs i would say WoW, the other game that ruins lives on xbox Oblivion.

[Sarcastic]Thank you for reading the first post.[/Sarcastic]

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Do you have Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King?
Or that might be Dragon Quest 8. Damn games companies naming stuff differently in different countries!
I would say FF12: International Zodiac Job System, but it's a Japan-only event. Gah!

Chjoodge

Reaction score
Just some old-school PC classics from the top of my head:

- If you haven't played them already, go for Baldur's Gate 1&2, in given order - you'll love them.

- You can also check out Planescape Torment. You may like it, or not - it's kinda weird and it doesn't suit everyone. But in a way, it's awesome.

- If you're not just for fantasy, go for postapocalyptic Fallout 1&2. With Fallout 3 on its way, it's something I am gonna replay too :)

- Might and Magic VI, VII and VIII - especially the first one takes really long to finish, but they're all set in a nice world and they're worth it.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion (PC and xbox), great RPG, several side quests and guilds.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
You got An N64. If you can find these, they are worth the play.

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong Country 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Super Mario 64

I Don't really know any good Xbox titles besides Halo and Halo 2 (although I won't call them awsome, just good)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
- If you haven't played them already, go for Baldur's Gate 1&2, in given order - you'll love them.

- If you're not just for fantasy, go for postapocalyptic Fallout 1&2. With Fallout 3 on its way, it's something I am gonna replay too :)

This, senior, is Quoted for Truth.

Along with Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights, you've got what you're searching for :)

Although it's a bit old...

Alrighty then! There's Neverwinter Nights 2, a rather recent game (it was released 1 year ago I think).

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Dude Burnout revenge for xbox is a cool ass game. Get it its worth it. That and most wanted. And star wars battle front 1 and 2 are both really good. If you like rpgs theres Star wars old rupblican

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion (PC and xbox), great RPG, several side quests and guilds.

You didn't read the entire post did you?

I do not want things such as Obliviion, I want back and forth Time/Turn battles, like a basic RPG.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
You got An N64. If you can find these, they are worth the play.

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong Country 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Super Mario 64

I Don't really know any good Xbox titles besides Halo and Halo 2 (although I won't call them awsome, just good)

QFT! I love those 64 games! But I never played Pokemon Stadium 2.

Mahucharn

Reaction score
You didn't read the entire post did you?

I did, he edited his post after :D. Starwars: Knights of the Old republic is always a great replay for a game. Rpgs... anyone heard of Flyff?

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Fable is the best RPG ever ive ever played on the Xbox and theres also a sequal which ill pick up later.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Have you tried Heroes Of Might and Magic? It might be worth checking out. I Found the third game best there, actually.

Also, you should try Medieval 2 Total War. It's an RTS, but with turn-based campaign.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Have you tried Heroes Of Might and Magic? It might be worth checking out. I Found the third game best there, actually.

Also, you should try Medieval 2 Total War. It's an RTS, but with turn-based campaign.

I second those choices.

...How about a game called DotA? :D

But seriously, if you like the tactical stuff as much as I do (FFT my favorite tactical RPG), how bout Fire Emblem? Not a bad game, look into it on wiki if you are interested.

WIKI

Mahucharn

Reaction score
ugh...sick 2day. Probably going to play SW: KOTOR to amuse myself :D . Or mabye a few of my Wii games like GH3 and SG

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
golden sun 1-2.
If you don't want to spend much money you can get games made by 'RPG-maker'. I gues the most famous one made with it is 'vampires dawn (1 or 2)'. But some others are also little horror-games. Yes, pixel horror games xD

edit: RPG-maker games are mostly free

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.