Suggest some good games!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
@Mahucharn
----That edit was for the PS in respone to the first message, the no oblivion was always their.

@Most everyone Else.

My bros got Fallout 1&2, they seem pretty chill

I got Kotor 1&2,

Banjo? gots it. Maro 64? Gots it. DK country? Had it beat it, Banjo 2? Haven't beaten Banjo 1 D=

Pkmn Stadium? hum... Maybe :)

I actually got golden Sun lying around in my side table. I just couldn't get into it :\.

I got Balders Gate 1 for Ps2, I beat it and I do not like it. I played 2, same problem.

Might and Magic? Sounds cool, I heard of it.

I had Icewind Dale 1, It was pretty cool, but in the end I gave it off because it got boring, and becuase, monsters could kill a guy too quickly.

Burn Out? The olny racer I got is Jak X, and love it. But I try other racers, I hate them.

Plane Scape, never heard of, I will check it out.

Fire Emblum? Yea I hear it is good, I will take a peek.

---------------

this really showed me how many peopel dont read the first post.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> Also, Tactic RPGs are what I really want. I got FFT, which is great, but I want more, and all I can find that looks ok is Deasgea(SP?). I would really like >more of these.
>What I would like is some names of good RPGs, alnog with the reason they are good! Also, I love my stories, they need good stories and game play. I do >not want things such as Obliviion, I want back and forth Time/Turn battles, like a basic RPG.

Hmm...? Baldur's Gate is that. It is also medieval, turn-based... Everything.

> What I would like is some names of good RPGs, alnog with the reason they are good! Also, I love my stories, they need good stories and game play. I do >not want things such as Obliviion, I want back and forth Time/Turn battles, like a basic RPG.

Maybe you should reconsider what types of games you like. Maybe being more opened? There aren't 1000 games like this.

Anyways... All those games you said you had, you didn't list them above. It would help, wouldn't it? ;)

What about Neverwinter Nights?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
> Also, Tactic RPGs are what I really want. I got FFT, which is great, but I want more, and all I can find that looks ok is Deasgea(SP?). I would really like >more of these.
>What I would like is some names of good RPGs, alnog with the reason they are good! Also, I love my stories, they need good stories and game play. I do >not want things such as Obliviion, I want back and forth Time/Turn battles, like a basic RPG.

Hmm...? Baldur's Gate is that. It is also medieval, turn-based... Everything.

> What I would like is some names of good RPGs, alnog with the reason they are good! Also, I love my stories, they need good stories and game play. I do >not want things such as Obliviion, I want back and forth Time/Turn battles, like a basic RPG.

Maybe you should reconsider what types of games you like. Maybe being more opened? There aren't 1000 games like this.

Anyways... All those games you said you had, you didn't list them above. It would help, wouldn't it? ;)

What about Neverwinter Nights?

Im talknig baldur's gate dark alliance...
http://images.google.ca/images?gbv=...lt&cd=1&q=baldur's+gate+dark+alliance&spell=1

I also Forgot becuase, I often Reject my X-Box and N64, plus, lots of the suggestions are not RPGs, let alone Back and Forth basic RPGs.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I meant Baldur's Gate 1 on computer.

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn as well. All different type of games.

stubs101

Reaction score
I was going to suggest WoW but since it's taken I'll go with Silkroad and Tactics Arena Online. Oooo and....

... Yeah that's all I've got.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Fate

That game is seriously the shizzle. I was addicted for like 2 months. Its like diablo, but a bit more customization, and no multiplayer. The demo is free, only 3 levels down deep into the cave you can go though. The game is only $19.99 i believe, and it is worth every penny.

Its been out for about 2, 3 years at most, and is still #1 on WildGames most popular list. Amazing game. If you must buy a game. Buy this.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I suggest you save your money and get a next-gen console, so you can get the good stuff.

Anyway In my opinion the best game ever on PS2 is God of War I, and God of War II. It has a great story, adventure, brutality, and game play. Makes use of roman mythology. Keeps you entertained long time, if you find intrest in it.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
While skimming over the other posts, and seeing a few things i suggest:
-Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
-Fable:Lost Chapters
-Baldurs Gate for PC(didn't like the xbox version)
-Dungeon and Dragon's Heros(quite fun with a few people)
-Might and Magic(I really liked 7 & 8)
-Icewind Dale I & II(wasn't bad, had to be on 'easy' for real fun though, medium your chars would die in one hit)

:OFFTOPIC:
FF7<3

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> -Heroes of Might and Magic(I really liked 7 & 8)

I think you're mistaken there.

Heroes of Might and Magic stops at 5.

darth-yoda

Reaction score
If you want a turn based RPG like game, I would suggest Vandal Hearts 1 & 2
They are both pretty old and for the Playstation 1. I really enjoyed both of them but overall I think the first was better, it had a better story.

Being for the PS1 the graphics aren't amazing (pretty bad actually) but the story in both are good if not great.
I found both very challenging and addictive.

I manged to find a few copies on ebay and amazon so they aren't that hard to find.

hmmm...After looking around I wonder if I have a rare edition...I'll have to see if I can find mine again:cool:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I totally forgot, how could I forgot the greatest game ever?

Soldat!
"Soldat is a unique side-view multiplayer action game. It takes the best from games like Liero, Worms, Quake and Counter-Strike and gives you fast action gameplay with tons of blood and flesh. Soldiers fight against each other on 2D battle arenas using a deadly military arsenal. This is what multiplayer was invented for." Most hardcore game ever :D

http://www.soldat.pl/

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
@Mahucharn
----That edit was for the PS in respone to the first message, the no oblivion was always their.

I actually got golden Sun lying around in my side table. I just couldn't get into it :\.

!!!. Golden sun = one of the best turnbased ever. Good story, good gameplay, original, long. If I had to complain about 1 thing it's that they take to long to explain events in the story, which is really annoying (especially in the begining)

I know this topic is a little old, but I couldn't let Golden Sun get rejected with out saying anything. God I love that game.

Also another good game that I mentioned a while ago in another thread: ToS, annoyingish characters, but gameplay is good.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
UT3 came out.. like 4 days ago btw... see my thread in the gaming forum...

my favorite actually..

Divine divinity + beyond divinity..

amazing story, and ok graphics, but amazing, amazing story and rpg feel..

neverwinter nights II.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.