Suggestion: notification of when someone quotes you

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
this would be a nice feature to have so that you know when someone replies to you personally, I would prefer just a list of posts that I have been quoted in, but a PM or something would also work

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
It would be handy but only in a limited amount of cases. Quite often if I'm replying to the previous post, I wont bother quoting what they have said. And then I have noticed that some people don't actually use the quote system properly. Also given that you have replied to a thread, you are probably going to be interested in what other people have to say about the topic. So in most cases, just subscribing to the thread is good enough.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
This would only be useful as an RSS feed I think, otherwise your inbox (both PM and email) will get flooded, which is no fun at all.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Again, you can just subscribe to threads that you post in and they will be shown in the User CP.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I know about the subscribed threads, but generally im more interested if someone quotes me, rather then me getting an update for everything that is said in the thread

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
People just usually hit post reply. What about quotes in so important? A response is a response, period.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Alerts should be fine. If there's any responses, just hover your mouse over "Alerts" at the top right.

If you are talking about the way Stack Exchange do when you're quoted, it's plausible...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.