Suggestions?

Anonymous>1<

Reaction score
What i am trying to do is make it look like a unit is frozen in a ice-block. Right now i am just applying the special effect of Frost Nova to the unit. Which, yes looks okay, but i was wondering if you all had any other suggestions for it.

DonRoman

Reaction score
Pause the unit and set its animation time to 0%, that way it will really look like its frozen :).

jwallstone

Reaction score
Tint the unit blue, like when it is hit with a frost attack, or just give it the frost attack buff (Can't remember the exact, check out frost wyrm or nerubian tower to find the buff name).

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
dont make the units animation speed instantly 0, well if its a short 'freeze' time then do so, otherwise you could periodically make the animation speed gradually decrease giving a cool effect, same with the blue tint.

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
for model, why not try the Doodad Crystal, there's 9 variations so I'm sure you can find a cool one.

Anonymous>1<

Reaction score
is there a way to completely to stop his movement. Like on a peasent he itches his neck, taps his foot, crosses his arms, etc. Is there a way to stop this?

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change unit&#039;s animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
In triggers

Vaius

Reaction score
thingn.png

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Another effect you could use instead is the Freezing Breath <Target> model.

Tint the unit blue, like when it is hit with a frost attack
Do you know of any way to return the unit to its original tinting after the effect wears off? It might not have been at (100%, 100%, 100%) at the start, and I don't know of a command to check a unit's tinting...

Zaraf

Reaction score
Another effect you could use instead is the Freezing Breath <Target> model.

Do you know of any way to return the unit to its original tinting after the effect wears off? It might not have been at (100%, 100%, 100%) at the start, and I don't know of a command to check a unit's tinting...

There is no way to get the tinting of a unit, but what you CAN do is trigger all of the tinting. Say for example you have a TD, and some of the levels involve creeps with different tinting. All you need to do is store the RGB values into 3 different arrays or tables. Now when you want to reset the tinting, you just pull the values out of the array or table.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
All you need to do is store the RGB values into 3 different arrays or tables. Now when you want to reset the tinting, you just pull the values out of the array or table.
That's one way, but it wouldn't really work for a spell that will be submitted for potential import/use in anyone's map. Too bad. :(

I should check whether the blue tint from Frost Attack is tied to the ability, or to its buff...
[edit] Ability, not buff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.