Arena Suicide Garden

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Suicide Garden

Game: Fight against up to 7 other players and free roaming monsters in an epic arena with one of ten unique heroes, each with 4 custom abilties.

Screenshots:
Arena1.jpg

Arena2.jpg

Arena3.jpg

Arena5.jpg

Arena6.jpg

Arena7.jpg

Features:
  • A duel system, that allows up to 4 players to play against each other in a restricted area
  • A stat system, that allows each player to uniquely build their hero
  • A damage system, that shows in-game damage based events (such as damage, evasion, invulnerablility, etc. )
  • A set of commands for each player to exploit

Heroes:

Blade Mistress
  • Cross Edge: throws a glaive-like attachment in a circular movement, cutting any enemy unit in it's path. Heals the Blade Mistress for 45% of the total damage dealt when the Blade returns to her.
  • Blade Crest: Shields the Blade Mistress with 13 Blades for 6 seconds. Any physical damage recieved is reduced by 35%. After 6 seconds, the Blades move outward, dealing damage equal to the damage recieved to enemy units apon impact with the Blades.
  • Bloodthirst: Every 8th attack causes the Blade Mistress to deal bonus damage and heals the Blade Mistress for 50% of the damage dealt.
  • Iron Maiden: For 10 seconds, the Blade Mistress' health cannot drop below 1 HP and converts 7% of the damage recieved into bonus attack damage. Max of 250 bonus damage.

Lightning Mage
  • Orb of Storms: channels a sphere made of energy, which emits 3 lightning rods that each deal 1/3 of the channeled energy in damage and launches it towards a target location.
  • Lightning Strike: after 1.6 seconds, a lightning strike crashes apon a target location, dealing damage to all enemy units in a 300 AOE. Units further away from the center recieve less damage.
  • Static Repulsion/Discharge: builds up static charges everytime the Lightning Mage recieves damage and can discharge it on a target unit, dealing damage and stunning it for a brief moment. Max. of 5 charges.
  • Electromagnetic Fence: summons a wall of lightning that deals damage to any enemy unit that passes the fence and stuns it for 2 seconds after 5 seconds of taking damage.

Warlord
  • Zeal of Supremacy: adds bonus damage to the Warlord's next physical attack and stuns the unit hit.
  • Terra Crush: slams the ground, knocking all surrounding enemy units into the air, dealing damage to them apon cast and impact with the ground.
  • Warcry: Has a 7% chance to let loose a wicked cry apon taking damage, that briefly stuns all enemy units around him and debuffs them with a physical damage amplifiing buff.
  • Blunt Punishment: Every 18 seconds, the Warlord gains a buff that allows him to hit multiple enemies on his next attack or if there is no other unit in effect other than the primary target, it adds bonus damage to his next attack.

Blade Master
  • Disperse: fades into 3 illusions, vanishes and moves to a target unit and strikes it; bonus damage is dealt if that unit has "leaks" and no mana, or destroys a portion of the units max. mana if that unit has "leaks" and mana
  • Vortex: adds bonus damage equal to the mana missing in the enemy's mana pool - or if that unit has no mana pool; adds bonus damage equal to the Blade Master's magic power
  • Mana Blade: Debuffs an enemy unit by cutting leaks into that unit's mana pool. If that unit casts a spell while it is leaking mana, he will take damage and be stunned.
  • Counterlogic: Whenever the Blade Master dodges an attack or spell, he temporarily gains bonus attack power. This effect stacks.

Vampyre
  • Open Veins: ripps a deadly wound into a target unit, causing the vampyre's attacks to deal bonus damage and heals the vampyre for 20% + 5% for every addition stack. Max of 4 stacks.
  • Siphon Life: sucks the life-force out of the closest 5 units and heals the Vampyre.
  • Gut Wrencher: adds bonus damage to the vampyre's critical attacks and deals damage over 7 seconds.
  • Carnophobiate: consumes 17% of the Vampyre's current health and rushes towards a target location, dealing damage to all units in it's path equal to 55% of the health consumed.

Void Mage
  • Void Sphere: summons a sphere out of dark matter and launches it towards a target location. It bounces off of units and trees and increases the damage output with every bounce.
  • Void Link: establishes a link with every enemy unit around the void Mage over 4 seconds. After 4 seconds, it deals damage and stuns for 0.1 of the Void Mage's max. mana.
  • Null Current: whenever the Void Mage casts a spell, she creates a shield that reduces the damage of the next spell source.
  • Concentrate: as long as the Void Mage remains out of combat, her magic power increases by 5%/sec. Max. of 100% bonus magic damage.

Collossus
  • Slay: forces the Collossus' next attack to crit. For the next 5.5 seconds, the Collossus recieves bonus damage.
  • Brute Force: buffs the Collossus for 7 seconds, causing his attacks to deal more damage the more health he has lost, but also increases the damage taken.
  • Recklessness: whenever the Collossus' health falls under 50%, his attack power rises by 35% and reduces incoming damage by 75% for 7 seconds. 18 second cooldown.
  • Run Wild: the more the Collossus moves around, the fast he gets. If he collides with an enemy unit while he is running, he deals damage and stuns that unit.

Guardian of Stone
  • Rolling Stone: launches boulder towards a target location, that deals increased damage the further it moves and stuns enemy units apon impact.
  • Stone Blast: summons 3-8 boulders and launches them towards a target location, dealing damage and stunning any enemy apon impact.
  • Force of Nature: while active, the Guardian of Stone's spell have a knockback-effect but deal less damage.
  • Spellweave Entangle: renders all enemy units in a 450 AOE immobile. If they cast a spell while entangled, they take magic damage, but are released and mobile again.

Death's Advocate
  • Violent Awakening: deals magic damage in a line in front of the Advocate. Multiple casts increase the damage dealth by 7% but every additional cast consumes 3% of the Advocate's current health.
  • Immortality: 12 seconds after Immortality was cast, Death's Advocate sets his life and his mana to the values it was 12 seconds ago, while dealing damage to all surrounding enemy units for 50% of the damage taken while Immortality was active
  • Cursed Essence: debuffs a damaged unit with a buff that increased the magic damage recieved by 7%. Effect Stacks.
  • Demortalize: summons a death coil that bounces between enemy units and deals damage equal to a % of their max. health on every bounce. Heals the Advocate for 15% of the total damage dealt.

Arcane Elemental
  • Magic Rope: launches a "Magic Rope" that snatches the first target it encounters, dealing 125 + spell power if the target's mana is under 15% of steals mana equal to the distance pulled.
  • Energy Pulse: creates 8 spheres that surround the Arcane Elemental an pulsate every 1.8 seconds, dealing increased spell damage if the Arcane Elemental's mana is greater than the target's or deals reduced damage if the Arcane Elemental's mana pool is less than the target's. Consumes 9% of the Arcane Elemental's current mana for every pulse.
  • Ion Skin: Reduces 1% of the spell damage recieved for every 55 mana in the Arcane Elemental's mana pool and enhances his next attack by the amount reduced this way. Reduction cannot exceed 45%
  • Archspell: creates a protective ward at a target location that deals damage equal to 15% of the Arcane Elemental's max. mana and drains 5% of the Arcane Elemental's max. mana per second for 3 seconds whenever an enemy casts a spell. Increases drain duration by 1 second for every spell cast while draining. a max. of 3 targets can be effected.

Hawkeye
  • Flash Volley: Fires 9 enchanted arrows towards a target location in a 90° arc, each able to hit one target, dealing 33%-66% of the Hawkeye's magic power in damage. If "Charge Shot" is active, it charges up to 66% of magic power. If "Charge Shot" is not active, it instantly activates it and charges it for 33% of magic power.
  • Piercing Light: Fires a sharp shard of light that pierces through up tp 4 enemy units in a linear path, dealing damage and stunning them. Every additional unit other than the first target recieve for every consecutive target 17% reduced damage and stun duration.
  • Charge Shot: A massive amount of energy builds up, as long as the Hawkeye doesn't attack. The energy stored is released on the next attack or when "Piercing Light" is cast, adding bonus damage. Charge Shot activates 5 seconds after her last attack/spell.
  • Illuminate: Whenever that Hawkeye deals magic damage to a unit, that unit is contaminated with a dim shard of light that implodes on the next physical attack, empowering that attack and stunning the effected unit for a brief duration.

Commands:
  • type in "-duel" to start a duel timer. If annother player types in "-duel" while the duel timer is running, it decreases the duel time by 10 seconds. When the duel is declared, all dead players will be revived, but cannot be revived while the duel timer is running and thuss cannot participate in the duel.
  • click on the enemy hero to view that hero's stats
  • type "-stats" to view your hero's movement speed and effects caused by "instructions"
  • type "-show" to show/hide the hero kill tally board
    • Arena8.jpg

Game Modes:
  • type in "-dm" or "-deathmatch" to enable Death Match. Death Match reduces every player's Hero's health by 50% except for the Neutral Monsters
  • type in "-qm" or "-quickmatch" to enable QuickMatch. Quick Match reduces Neutral Creep's Health by 33% and increases the amount of statpoint gained per level by 3 (so, instead of distributing 7 points on your stats, you'll have a total of 10)
  • type in "-nm" or "-nomatch" to disable Win Conditions.

Item List:
  • Book of Swiftness: Increases Evasion by 0.1%
  • Book of Power: Increases Crit Power by 0.01%
  • Book of Knowledge: Increases Spell Power by 2
  • Book of Alacrity: Increases Crit Chance by 0.1%
  • Book of Resistance: Increases Resistance by 0.1%
  • Book of Speed: Increases Movement by 1

• Instruction of Physical Life Steal: adds a Life-Stealing effect to your physical attacks
  • Instruction of Magical Life Steal: adds a Life-Stealing effect to your magical attacks
  • Instruction of Physical Slow: adds a chance to slow your opponent by 35% with physical attacks
  • Instruction of Magical Slow: adds a chance to slow your opponent by 35% with magical attacks

Credits List:
  • Dinowc
  • Moridin
  • Zack1996
  • alfredx_sotn ( Hiveworkshop; For this Model )
  • X-Maul

This Thread is basically this one. However, now that the heroes are complete and the game itself is working without majour bugs, I deceided to continue the old thread with this one.

Comments and Suggestions are welcomed =)

Attachments

• SuicideGardenV0.5.w3x
    526.5 KB · Views: 564

HyperActive

Reaction score
The only thing that's bothering me with this map is the terrain. I would like it to be a bit complex, enable chasing, hiding, surprise attacks.
Otherwise it's perfect.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
The only thing that's bothering me with this map is the terrain. I would like it to be a bit complex, enable chasing, hiding, surprise attacks.
Otherwise it's perfect.

Is put on the to-do list.

Other than that, I've got a new Hero in petto and a new "game concept" called Death Match.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Fixed a few Glitches and added 2 optional Game Modes:
  • Death Match; Description in the first Post - makes it more interesting for veteran Players and pushes them to the brink of their skills
  • Quick Match; Description in the first Post - makes it easier and faster to level and finish your Hero's build

The Terrain and the "New Hero" will be done by the next update.

I'm also thinking about adding a kill limit to make the players that put effort in killing others feel satisfied ;D

Though, there will be no "loser". Only one Winner =P

EDIT: A preview to the next Hero; The Hawkeye. This will be the last Hero made until I have made a few balances on the existing heroes a "better" terrain (might need help with that) and a dynamic Win/Lose condition.

Hawkeye
  • Piercing Light: Fires an arrow imbued with Light towards a target location, dealing damage to all enemy units in it's path equal to the Hawkeye's Magic Power. If "Charge Shot" is active, it adds bonus damage to Piercing Light and stuns enemy units for a max. of 2 seconds (depending on how much energy was charged). Damage and stun duration is reduced by 5% for every creep that is damaged this way.
  • Flash Volley: Fires 5 enchanted arrows towards a target location in a 90° Arc, each dealing 1/10 of the Hawkeye's Magic Power in damage (each arrow can only effect one enemy unit). Each cast increases the charge of "Charge Shot" by 30 if it's active.
  • Charge Shot: The Hawkeye builds up massive energy over time that can be used to enhance the next attack or "Piercing Light". Increases the damage output by 10 damage/sec. Max. of 150 damage bonus damage. Charge Shot activates 5 seconds after the last attack.
  • Illuminate: Whenever the Hawkeye deals spell damage to a unit, she imbues that unit with a shard of light, that implodes with the next physical damage taken, causing that unit to take 10% more damage and stuns for 0.75 seconds.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Regarding the terrain, I do believe that it would be extremely difficult to refine. My main concern lies with Run Wild, which would be screwed up pretty badly if there were too many obstacles in the way.

I can't think of any other spells that would be affected by complex terrain off the top of my head but I do feel that there should be more spells that have some form of interaction with the terrain/can be used to give you some advantage via terrain.

Perhaps you could try and use some special trees that interact with/block spells.
eg. Some significantly larger trees on the map that is considered a unit, allowing players to use it to block spells etc. Those would need to have some special appearance to make it clear that its some form of barricade against certain spells.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Regarding the terrain, I do believe that it would be extremely difficult to refine. My main concern lies with Run Wild, which would be screwed up pretty badly if there were too many obstacles in the way.

I can't think of any other spells that would be affected by complex terrain off the top of my head but I do feel that there should be more spells that have some form of interaction with the terrain/can be used to give you some advantage via terrain.

Perhaps you could try and use some special trees that interact with/block spells.
eg. Some significantly larger trees on the map that is considered a unit, allowing players to use it to block spells etc. Those would need to have some special appearance to make it clear that its some form of barricade against certain spells.

Oh, so you mean environmental effects?
Hmmmm... I could make a Mode that creates "Spellblock Trees" and maybe "Poisonous Floor/Thornbush Floor" or "Spell-empower/Physical-empower plants (well, basically Runes that empower you in some way)".

I'll see about that =P

But, I see your point with Run Wild. So, I guess I'll just decorate it a bit more (maybe different texture, some more doodads), but in the end, the loading time WILL have to suffer. So, I'll think over this and maybe come up with an alternate solution.

Thanks alot for your oppinion and your suggestion :)

EDIT: Update on the Skills:
ChargeShot.jpg

FlashVolleyCharged.jpg

FlashVolleyUncharged.jpg

FlashVolleyChargedShot.jpg

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Update:

• finnished the new Hero: the "Hawkeye"
  • fixed a few pathing problems (related to Run Wild stopping on random occasions)
  • made a few changes in user preference (instead of waiting 15 seconds for to type in the Mode, you have 7 seconds; instead of creep's life remaining static, I've made them stronger according to the time played ( +1% Max health for every minute played ))

Hawkeye's final skillset:

Hawkeye
  • Flash Volley: Fires 9 enchanted arrows towards a target location in a 90° arc, each able to hit one target, dealing 33%-66% of the Hawkeye's magic power in damage. If "Charge Shot" is active, it charges up to 66% of magic power. If "Charge Shot" is not active, it instantly activates it and charges it for 33% of magic power.

Deals 66% of magic power in damage per target if "Charge Shot" is active or deals 33% of magic power in damage if it's not active.

4.75 seconds cooldown
  • Piercing Light: Fires a sharp shard of light that pierces through up tp 4 enemy units in a linear path, dealing damage and stunning them. Every additional unit other than the first target recieve for every consecutive target 17% reduced damage and stun duration.

Deals 45% of magic power + 115% of the stored energy of "Charge Shot" in damage and stuns for 2.25 seconds.

11 seconds cooldown
  • Charge Shot: A massive amount of energy builds up, as long as the Hawkeye doesn't attack. The energy stored is released on the next attack or when "Piercing Light" is cast, adding bonus damage. Charge Shot activates 5 seconds after her last attack/spell.

Increases damage by 15/sec. Max. of 150 + magic power bonus damage.
  • Illuminate: Whenever that Hawkeye deals magic damage to a unit, that unit is contaminated with a dim shard of light that implodes on the next physical attack, empowering that attack and stunning the effected unit for a brief duration.

Increases the next physical attack by 17% and stuns for 0.75 seconds

What will be in the next update:

• Event Match; "-em" or "-eventmatch" - Random Runes that heal life, mana or empower your physical/magical damage output ( effects will all be % bonuses, since adding absolute numbers would cause the game to be imbalanced in early game and useless in late game )
  • Win - Lose Conditions; Depending on how many players are playing, you'll need a certain amount of creep kills or a certain amount of hero kills to win the game. The first reaching the limit will win. Conditions may be turned off in the first 7 seconds of the game.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Event Match "Engine" concept is finished, so the coding itself is left. Expect it to be done in a few days, along with the Win/Lose Conditions.

Details for the planned Win Condition(s):
  • The win condition is setup at the beginning of the map. You may type "-nm" or "-nomatch" for a conditionless game expirience
  • Factors for the win condition will be: The number of players participating in the game during game startup (players that leave won't effect the factors), The Match Mode that has been entered ( Quickmatches reduces the limit by 33% ( I'm still experimenting with the numbers ) and DeathMatch increases the limit by 25% ( yet again, I'm still experimenting with the number ))

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
I've tested it yesterday. and i love this! :p

Everything is triggered, so the whole map uses own engines-> the skills're great! I loved playing with it. Me and my friends're going to have a LAN-party the day after tomorrow, and we'll paly this map! It's a great map in my opinion.

But i've some suggestions:

-first, i liked everything, but the game is a bit "slow". No, not the game itself, the spells/events. I think 15 seconds to teleport home is too much. It should be 10 seconds, or something like this. Also the duel event takes too much time to start. It should be faster in my opinion.
-Some other items for gold/credit would be nice. For example: items, what give you attack speed, health, mana, armor, attack damage and so on. I liked playing with the Blade Mistress, but i wanted more attack speed (to stack up faster the Bloodthirst), but i couldn't buy any item to improve it.
-A multiboard. I know there's one using a leaderboard, but it doesn't show too much. I didn't know how much kill/die, etc do i have. If you don't know how to do it, maybe i could create one for you.

I don't know too much about the balance, because i played it all alone, but after the LAN-Party i'll tell you my experiences. But i think some hero is a bit overpowered. Just a bit.

Also as always, nice job Hatebreeder! :thup:

5/5, and it's just an unfinished Beta!

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I've tested it yesterday. and i love this! :p

Everything is triggered, so the whole map uses own engines-> the skills're great! I loved playing with it. Me and my friends're going to have a LAN-party the day after tomorrow, and we'll paly this map! It's a great map in my opinion.

But i've some suggestions:

-first, i liked everything, but the game is a bit "slow". No, not the game itself, the spells/events. I think 15 seconds to teleport home is too much. It should be 10 seconds, or something like this. Also the duel event takes too much time to start. It should be faster in my opinion.
-Some other items for gold/credit would be nice. For example: items, what give you attack speed, health, mana, armor, attack damage and so on. I liked playing with the Blade Mistress, but i wanted more attack speed (to stack up faster the Bloodthirst), but i couldn't buy any item to improve it.
-A multiboard. I know there's one using a leaderboard, but it doesn't show too much. I didn't know how much kill/die, etc do i have. If you don't know how to do it, maybe i could create one for you.

I don't know too much about the balance, because i played it all alone, but after the LAN-Party i'll tell you my experiences. But i think some hero is a bit overpowered. Just a bit.

Also as always, nice job Hatebreeder! :thup:

5/5, and it's just an unfinished Beta!

Nice review :eek:
Ok, I'll take it apart ;D

• I made it have 15 seconds, because, while I was playing with my brother, he had some crazy movespeed and always ran away while he was low on health, and, it's not always as easy to aim with certain abilities to cancel it out and deliver the final blow
  • I'll add some more books, but, there are a few things for now which I am working on and want to get finished, before I look into attack damage/speed, health and mana, because I want everything to be customizeable and "infinate". But I guess once I get there it won't take long
  • There is a Leaderboard, infact =P You have to either kill a Hero or die from a Hero's attack for it to show up, or use "-show" to display/hide the leaderboard. I've been thinking about making the leaderboard have a secondary function, that shows the creep kills. However, I thought It'd be overkill, but I guess I was wrong =P I'll look into it once I'm done with everything + the Items

I'm kinda stoked up on balance issues, because I can't find alot of Testers =P I played with my brother and on the interweb every now and then, but it's just too much for me to absolutely say: "This ability is overpowered, it needs nerfing", because IF I make this game more "balanced" it'd be slower paced and if I leave things as they are, people will start complaining. So, I have to find some kind of factor, that makes things fair for everyone ( If you choose a Mage, and your opponent chooses an anti mage/agility hero, obviously the agility hero will have certain advatages, but then again, if you counterbuild your mage into something more healthy and less nuke-y, then you'd most likely be able to kill the agility hero. It all depends on what you aim for and where you set your priorities ).

So yehe ;D I'm working on it =P

And thanks for your detailed report and the good grading ;D Gives me motivation :3

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Yes, i know about the leaderboard, as i told you, i read the loading screen :D But it doesn't show too much, that's why i suggested the multiboard. Using it can also help us to show the unit's hero using it's icon, etc. As i said, i can make a multiboard if you need, it isn't too hard, just tell me.

About the balance:
Don't worry, your map is enough balanced to be funny and enjoyable. It's quite balanced, not an unbalanced sh*t like.. for example the DoTA. But some hero seems to be a bit weak (the casters, in my opinion).

Also one more thing what i forgot to say: Binding! I always suggest everyone, to use the traditional Q-W-E-R binding. I'm not an octopus to reach every key, and to know every spell's hotkey. Using the traditional Q-W-E-R binding should be better in my opinion, and when someone attacks me from behind, it's easier to "answer" when i have a traditional, usual and single binding. It doesn't takes too much time to rebind the spells, and you can create a nice "interface" using a "NAME [Q]" title.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Yes, i know about the leaderboard, as i told you, i read the loading screen :D But it doesn't show too much, that's why i suggested the multiboard. Using it can also help us to show the unit's hero using it's icon, etc. As i said, i can make a multiboard if you need, it isn't too hard, just tell me.

About the balance:
Don't worry, your map is enough balanced to be funny and enjoyable. It's quite balanced, not an unbalanced sh*t like.. for example the DoTA. But some hero seems to be a bit weak (the casters, in my opinion).

Also one more thing what i forgot to say: Binding! I always suggest everyone, to use the traditional Q-W-E-R binding. I'm not an octopus to reach every key, and to know every spell's hotkey. Using the traditional Q-W-E-R binding should be better in my opinion, and when someone attacks me from behind, it's easier to "answer" when i have a traditional, usual and single binding. It doesn't takes too much time to rebind the spells, and you can create a nice "interface" using a "NAME [Q]" title.

I don't wuite understand why you want to make a multiboard ;D
I already have one =P
If you want the Hero kills n' stuff on the multiboard... Well, thats adjustable =P
Thought I'd make it seperate since alot of functions are executed and linked with the multiboard, which wouldn't make the multiboard a place where you'd want constant updating.

Besides, a second active multiboard at the same time isn't possible afaik. However, I guess I can make a second multiboard, that tallys every kill/death/won duels and stuff, but you'd have to activate/switch it using commands and/or the attribute system.

I'll try out a few things =P

Sure, I can make a QWER bind =P
It's probably more comfortable that way =)

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Oups, sorry, i forgot that the stat uses a multiboard. I was too inattentive, as always...

Then because the food is unused (okay, it's used, but we can't buy more heroes after we buy one), you could make i to show you the kills/dies. That should be better in my opinion. Because the leaderboard doesn't shows us too much thing in my opinion.

And yes, the QWER binding is a very useful thing.

Ohh, and forgot to say:

I don't wuite understand why you want to make a multiboard ;D
hehe, i don't want, i just told you that i could make you if you're too busy to make it yourself ;)

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Kay =P

I'll see what I can do about an alternative multiboard with Hero/creep kills and death tallys.

I guess I'll be done with the new Bindings in the next update, along with the win conditions ( The Event Mode needs a bit of fine tuning ).

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Update on Progress:

• improved the "-show" function; Uses Multiboard and tallys all playing players Hero Kills, Deaths and Creep Kills
  • changed the Bindings to [QWER]

Win/Lose Conditions are not done yet, but I guess I'll have it finished in the weekend and release a new Version.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
There's something:
When someone dies, and the duel timer runs, then the dead player(s) won't be revived. I found this bug yesterday. I don't know what's the problem, but i think you used the player's revive timer, and you haven't used any really timer, and when the duel timer comes, it overwrites the old timer. I suggest you to use a timer and a timer windom to handle the arena's timer.
Another:
When i'm dead and the arena teleports me to the arean, it doesn't revive me. Last time it panned my camera there, but there're nothing in the arena.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
There's something:
When someone dies, and the duel timer runs, then the dead player(s) won't be revived. I found this bug yesterday. I don't know what's the problem, but i think you used the player's revive timer, and you haven't used any really timer, and when the duel timer comes, it overwrites the old timer. I suggest you to use a timer and a timer windom to handle the arena's timer.
Another:
When i'm dead and the arena teleports me to the arean, it doesn't revive me. Last time it panned my camera there, but there're nothing in the arena.

It is planned that, once the duel timer is used by a player that is alive, it revives all players instantly, but doesn't revive players as long as the duel timer runs.
I did it that way because I wanted to punish the players for dying and reward the players that survived by making them able to participate in the duel.

But that teleport issue is strange... I'll look into it.
Though, I guess I'll alos re-write my duel system, since it has had problems in the past as well.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Update on Prgress:

• Finished the Win Conditions ("-nm" or "-nomatch" to disable the Mode)
  • Tweaked the Tallyboard ( the new "-show") in terms of cell width and stuff. However, it's not fully done yet
    • There is bug - the Tallyboard registers a random number of players
    • A functionality will be added where it fades out the Players that leave
    • Color Shemes might be reworked

Other than that, the new version can be released.
Then I'll re-code the Duel Engine and add new Items as suggested by Iuorax.

But before I code the New Duel Engine - Is there something you want to see in the new duel system ? Or would you want to keep the functionalities as it is?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
My name is "luorax" not "Iuorax" :D It isn't a capital "i", it's a simple small "L" :D (in wow, or in other games i use Luorax[in wow i useD.. i don't play wow anymore :D], but in forums i use luorax) but my friends simply call me "luo"

About the duel system: i hope you will shorter the waiting time. And you shold add a simple function: if there's no duel for a long time, then you could make the system to start a duel with some random players. It could make the things more interesting in my opinion. I don't have more idea now, but i will post, if i get any new idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.