Arena Suicide Garden

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
You need to plan what you want to achieve and then find the most efficient and logic way to solve that "problem".

There is no specific skills in that, really =P

Anyways, you can always suggest things you want to see in this map =P

I agree on that. There isn't one way for things, only maybe some known ways. You can always reinvent the wheel

Btw, you say you can edit missiles? I have a request

Yes, but I just need the knowledge in (I assume you work in vJASS) things like vJASS, which I dont. Have never used any programming leanuge before and I'm having a hard time understanding it.

Back to topic :eek:
I was a little bored with the warrior hero (the one with warstomp-fly-away-spell-thing) as he only got one "active" ability and then he got one "on next hit" ability. I would suggest something like a leap or similar to make him more fun to play.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Yes, but I just need the knowledge in (I assume you work in vJASS) things like vJASS, which I dont. Have never used any programming leanuge before and I'm having a hard time understanding it.

Back to topic :eek:
I was a little bored with the warrior hero (the one with warstomp-fly-away-spell-thing) as he only got one "active" ability and then he got one "on next hit" ability. I would suggest something like a leap or similar to make him more fun to play.

The new Hero will get a leap ability =)

Well, since ther has to be some kind of "noob hero" ( basically someone, which doesn't need alot of thinking to play ), for people that're new to this game, I guess that it's not wrong to leave him as he is.

However, I will consider ability suggestions, if some are made =)

X-maul

Reaction score
The new Hero will get a leap ability =)

Well, since ther has to be some kind of "noob hero" ( basically someone, which doesn't need alot of thinking to play ), for people that're new to this game, I guess that it's not wrong to leave him as he is.

However, I will consider ability suggestions, if some are made =)

okay :) Then I would suggest adding difficulty level information when you purchase the hero (e.g "Very Easy", "Easy", "Normal" and "Hard") so you know if the hero is tough to play or just plain simple-to-use-abilities :)

X-maul

Reaction score
Sorry for double post, but I found another bug/glitch - when you use collosus (very fun hero btw) and activate his Q spell, you are able to conteniusly cast it, and you lose mana each time, but you still get the error message that you cannot cast it.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Seems like a very interesting map :thup:. I'll try to host it on Garena, only problem is whether people wanna try it out..

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Ok, I have a minor announcement to make:

If things go right, I'll be able to release the new version of Suicide Garden along with the following additions:
  • A friend of mine is contributing a model for the new Hero, The Shadow Hunter
  • A bug-free dueling system
  • A bug-free new Hero; the Shadow Hunter

Else I'd be releasing the new version of Suicide Garden on monday, with or without the new Model (depending on when he finishes it ).

Hero suggestions are now being taken/considered =)
Apart from that you can suggest things that are not nessessarily vital ( such as cosmetics ). Whatever it is, I'd be happy to consider and implement it.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Latest version up !

Be sure to check it out =)
I'll upload an alternate version once the new Model is done.

It would be very helpfull if some were to make bug checks / glitch checks and in general give their impression of my game =)

I will soon make a short movie about this game once I get enough people to play and acustomed to the fast-paced gameplay =)

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
New Hero is in Developement; The Executioner

A few objects ( such as creeps ) are being re-done.
UI will be re-done ( in tooltips ).
Questlog will be made ( for information purposes ).

The Stat list and the Tallyboard will be merged ( depending on how handy it is and how good it looks, the Tallyboard will or will not be merged ).

The Battle Royale duel method might be changed into 2v2 Team Duel, whereas the teams will be shuffled randomly ( depending on how severly the Win Conditions are effected ).

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Update on Progress:
  • Merged Tallyboard with the Statboard
    • Added extra functionality: Using the ESC button will open/close your currently selected stat/tally board.
    • Current stat/tally board:
      NewStatboard.jpg
  • Object Data has been refined

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Looking absolutely amazing, keep up the good work!

I've tried out the new hero (Shadow Hunter) but I can't quite grasp his playstyle. I will try him again and make a quick review of the new guy :)

Would love to test the map multiplayer, but no one seems to be interested in trying new stuff nowadays :(

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Looking absolutely amazing, keep up the good work!

I've tried out the new hero (Shadow Hunter) but I can't quite grasp his playstyle. I will try him again and make a quick review of the new guy :)

Would love to test the map multiplayer, but no one seems to be interested in trying new stuff nowadays :(

The Shadow Hunter has a high damage output if all the conditions and skill activation is met. However, he is pretty much useless and vulnerable if he is "out of time".
Basically, you turn invisible with "Fading Steps". Then, when you see a target you want to attack, you activate "Shadow Dance". Activating skills while invisible doesn't break your invisibility. If you're feeling confident, also activate "Slight of Feet"'s secondary ability.

Now, place yourself at a mid-ranged position to your target and position yourself in a way, where your opponent's back is facing towards you. Then, use "Leap Strike". You'll be visible again, but IF you land the hit, you'll deal ~435% of your Spell Power in Damage along with a 3 second stun, which, in any case, can crit.

So, positioning is the key to victory with this Hero.
You'd think his skills are OP, however, his skills have a fairly long cooldown and he is dependant on Intelligence and Agility, both which are factors of pushing the damage high, so naturally his HP would stay fairly low, which makes him vulnerable to any kind of attack, really.

I havn't played against another player yet with this Hero, but I've encountered some situations where a monster was moving while I wanted to strike him, I missed and had to fight it head to head, which took a while and alot of my HP.

EDIT: well, the game is pretty old, but some of my friends and probably some other people play this on LAN ( since not everybody owns the game ;D ). The variety of games is important, because different people, different tastes.
There are a few people willing to download and try this game, which IMO is enough to promote it, even if only by a little.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Just a quick question:

Is it better to count the deaths made by enemy heroes or also count deaths caused by neutral monsters?

Happy

Reaction score
i would do both seperately....means one number for total deaths and one for deaths caused by an enemy hero

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
i would do both seperately....means one number for total deaths and one for deaths caused by an enemy hero

That'd be pretty annoying =/
Because then I'd have to make a total deaths slots, that sums up all the deaths =/

In any way, I was thinking, that it might be useless to see, who was killed by creeps because it doesn't serve a purpose...

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Quick update:

• Included the Level of each and every active player
  • Finished tweaking Objects

I'd like to know, if it's a better Idea to navigate Player's stats by using the arrow keys or if it's just fine with clicking on the Hero to view it's stats?

Here, a picture of how the new Multiboard looks like and a general modification to show you what I mean:
Keys.jpg

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Update on Prgress:
  • I've recoded the duel system once again; Everyone will duel in a Free For All battle. If they're dead, they'll be revived into the Arena. Once the Duel Timer is initiated, everyone who is dead will be instantly revived, BUT will not revive until the Duel begins.
  • made a few Spells more efficient
  • got rid of some typos in tooltips

At the end of this week, I'll be releasing the new Version ( since a few Bug tests need to be done ).

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Update on progress:
  • added a few gimmics ( such as Killing spree/ dominating/ Unstoppable/ etc. )
  • reduced the amount of heavy calculating functions by pre calculating a few things. Absolutely no lag is caused by the game mechanics ( only a bit is caused by the objects editor's objects, however, it's only once ( for instance the buffs and the creeps ))
  • refined the new duel system and made it as efficient as possible

Expect the new version and hopefully the last BETA version at the end of this week =)
After that, new Heroes will be incorperated and I can spend some time on balancing the skills based on expirience made in multi player.
I guess I'll also add a few other gimmics depending of how much of a demand there is for such things =P

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
i'll try this one :D

Awesome =)

I went ahead of my planned work sessions and completed the newest Version with a sufficiant amount of Bug test runs with 3 other people =)

I fixed all the known bugs and this Version should be stable.
If someone finds any bugs/glitches or anything thats somewhat out of place, then please let me know =)

Latest Version, Suicide Garden v.0.5, is up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.