Summer Movies

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Anyone know of any large projects planning to be released this summer? Here I am discussing movies ;) .

Dark Knight Rises is the only large one that I know of.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Snow White and the Huntsman. Kristen Stewart has the lead.. meh. But there's also Charlize Theron and Thor.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation. The premise sounds a bit tacky to me. They destroy the Joes and survivors find the "first Joe"... First trailer said it all.

The Amazing Spider-man. Reboot.

The Expendables 2. There is no bigger action movie than this.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try renting a few DVDs. Over here, I have just rented a DVD of Redline, a film made by Madhouse Animation Studios in 2009.

Little scenario, but heavy use of originally artistic animation styles. Not sure if it's available in some parts of North America, or other regions.

EDIT: Whoops! You guys are talking about upcoming movies. Not interested in them, as I felt that 2011 and 2012 films have too much sequel films in them. I would recommend Japanese films, as they do have unusual novelties, especially in the anime sector.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ha, Mah, activity, :)

I am really excited for 2012, it seems to be the cut-off for a long list of (bad) sequels/remakes in the years to come (looking at upcoming movies in 2013, 2014, etc.).

The Dark Knight Rises obviously.
Prometheus looks cool, hope it lives up to Aliens.
Dark Shadows, I actually just heard of this yesterday after seeing an article about Johnny Depp. It's a Tim Burton movie with Depp and vampires, monsters, etc. Sounds fun.
Can't forget the Avengers.
Then there's Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter which can't go wrong, with a name like that.

And not summer, but to end the year, I'm looking forward to The Hobbit: Part 1.

@Wiseman, there are always original films, they're usually just not as well-advertised, especially those indie ones.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
@Wiseman, there are always original films, they're usually just not as well-advertised, especially those indie ones.
This is true. But my local multiplex is forced to cater to the lowest common denominator, which in my city means we don't get many half-way intelligent films, and when we do they last for barely a week. We do have a small cinema which screens indie flicks and sometimes world cinema, but showings are hard to schedule because there are only a couple of screens and it's pretty expensive. I remember a few years ago when There Will Be Blood came out; that was a pretty big film that got a few awards and a relatively high box office... but it only showed at our Cineworld for about a week. Whereas Transformers lasted 2 goddamn months...

Don't get me wrong, some sequels I do look forward to, especially The Dark Knight Rises (which I saw the prologue for in IMAX before MI:4, and was pretty blown away by), and The Wicker Tree (which is not strictly a sequel, and doesn't look like we'll see a UK release anytime soon anyway).

I forgot about Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter though. Sounds pretty awesome :D
And The Hobbit too... and in the next couple of weeks, The Woman in Black, which looks like we might get a decent horror film at long, long last.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ha, yeah and Daniel Radcliffe, I'm sure a lot of people watching it are going to be like "use your wand, Harry!" (me included).

Yeah, indie/non-blockbuster films don't get much screen time. I usually just watch them after they release on DVD, TV or the computer or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.