Spell Summon Treant

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Doesn't it lag because of too much special effects?
No, not for me. I can have two instances at the same time before I get any lag, so this should never lag from a single cast. But then again if one had a computer that is under warcraft 3's minimum requirements.. Anyways did you end up trying it out for yourself?
got a different question. do you use special effects properly?
What's that mean?
Maybe sankaku was trying to insinuate that mapguy would believe the amount of effects used in the spell would cause lag, if mapguy himself used effects improperly. Like without destroying them for instance. :p

I'll be updating this hopefully tomorrow. I'm trying to sync sounds to effects a little better.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
Laiev I don't think sankaku directed that post towards you, even though he quoted your one post. I think he meant to quote the post made by mapguy. :rolleyes:
If not then it'll seem like I'm slow. T_T

Rushhour

Reaction score
Wait... this summons a treant.

What happens if you design a spell to summon something like... sargeras? :D

Awesome spell, from the eyecandy-point of view!

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
BRUTAL's right. Also my PC sees a performance drop only when there are about 8 instances or more :)
Thought so, lol. Oh wow that's great, I figured the amount of instances would be more like 4 for people with better computers. I forgot to mention that I use a crappy laptop, maybe that is what made my expectation so low. :p

Wait... this summons a treant.

What happens if you design a spell to summon something like... sargeras? :D

Awesome spell, from the eyecandy-point of view!
Yes the original idea was to summon a treant, but there are configurables for a reason.
Do you mean if one changed the unit that gets summoned? Then all you would have to do is change the model of the DUMMY_SPIN unit to the same model of the summoned unit; assuming if you left this aspect of the spell enabled. Then the other changes that would need to be made would be changing all the effects models to something else that will suit the spell right.
Thanks for the feedback.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
1) [ljass]local Data d=Data.allocate()[/ljass] - You can replace [ljass]Data[/ljass] with [ljass]thistype[/ljass]. Since [ljass]thistype[/ljass] will return the struct name/

2) [ljass]call SetUnitScale(dummy,BEAM_SCALE,0,0)[/ljass] - Shouldn't you change the the y and z scale to BEAM_SCALE as well?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
1) [ljass]local Data d=Data.allocate()[/ljass] - You can replace [ljass]Data[/ljass] with [ljass]thistype[/ljass]. Since [ljass]thistype[/ljass] will return the struct name/

2) [ljass]call SetUnitScale(dummy,BEAM_SCALE,0,0)[/ljass] - Shouldn't you change the the y and z scale to BEAM_SCALE as well?
Alright I'll change that then.
Nope. When you want to change a unit's scale, x is the only part that makes a change.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With 9 instances on the screen at the same time, my FPS went down to 40.

Also, I don't think I made it clear that only functions should be in UpperCamelCase. Method names should be in lowerCamelCase. That's no biggie anyway.

Approved.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
With 9 instances on the screen at the same time, my FPS went down to 40.

Also, I don't think I made it clear that only functions should be in UpperCamelCase. Method names should be in lowerCamelCase. That's no biggie anyway.

Approved.
Sorry, I must have misread what you said initially. :p
I'll fix that minuscule mistake in the next update, along with everything else mentioned previously.
Thanks Romek.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.