Superstore

hortononon

"I give em the hip then I take it away"-Jim Thorpe
Reaction score
was bored, so i wrote this, inspired by hearing about the wal-mart epidemic several times. Enjoy!

Superstore

The day was March 14th, 2070. “T-mart” had its grand opening. Nobody new how the store started and nobody really cared. I scanned through the store that day; it was my job, as an inspection officer. Suspicion crawled through the place but I couldn’t explain why. The small market soon rocketed into a chain of successful stores. Thousands of people were hired to work at T-marts every year, only to soon find out that the business pays much lower than minimum wage and gives no health benefits, nothing. I had learned this from a cashier, who was, three days later, fired. Luckily she hadn’t mentioned my name. You see, the managers would threaten their employees to keep information to themselves. They were manipulated.
The store chain grew across the nation, wiping out all competitors with their highly successful sales strategies. Soon T-mart had multiple monopolies. Now I took further action. After weeks of investigating on my own time I had found out numerous facts about the business. They conducted illegal trades for products, they bribed other companies, and they’re were even a few cases kept confidential to the CEO’s and such, where trading companies where forced to sell mass amounts of products to them, instead of other market businesses that were running out of them. A year later the store had complete domination over the economy. People had no choice but to shop there. Although, some protested against there high prices, some even tried to vandelize the place, but with no sucess. I decided to find out who owns this business, after all, nobody knew. So I searched for clues that eventually led me to a house where numerous amounts of T-mart info were sent.
I knocked twice, nobody answered. I knocked again, this time harder. The door swung open, and I saw two figures, one of which grabbed me, and tied me to a chair.
A lamp flickered, and then lit the room, uncovering one of the figures sitting in front of me, facing to my left.
“Who are you?” he said, in a low solemn voice.
“Dan Matthews.” I replied
“What do you want?”
“Answers. That’s all.”
“Well, yes, we are what you’d call the owners of T-mart. You know, it’s really amazing what two people can accomplish by themselves.” I started to raise my voice.
“Do you know what you’ve done?! You’ve destroyed our civilization! The economy is doomed.”
“Yes, and it only took two years since we arrived. You know, your kind is not much different than ours, we are just more advanced.”
“Why?” He faced me. “Why did you do it?”
“Simple: money. We need it, so we got it. It’s kill or be killed Matthews, and we killed.” Then the other one chuckled and both stood up. Surprisingly they let me live despite their greed and absence of mercy to anyone.
“Wait, what are you going to do?”
“Goin’ back to Earth.”
Earth! I knew it. The planet was consumed in greed, and in so much debt they had to prosper from other planets. “What’s your name?”

“Me? I’m Richard Walton. Have a nice life, Matthews.”

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
That was very, very boring for me.

What to improve? I can't answer that, nothing in it appealed to me.

Sorry.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.