NVIDIA GeForce 4
NVIDIA GeForce 3
NVIDIA GeForce 2
NVIDIA GeForce 256
ATI Radeon 8500
ATI Radeon 7500
ATI Radeon
Matorx Parhelia

If you do not have any of these cards, Or newer ones BattleField 1942 will not run on your computer no matter how good it is. These supported chipsets are made with Transform & Lighting this is required for BattleField 1942. By taking a look here this will probably make people understand why there system isnt working with the game. Any other problmes post them :)

A

asidrave

please add ati radeon 7200 64mb as a supported vid card. it runs flawlessly on my system. runs much better with my 9700 pro :D

U

Unregistered

ATI Radeon 8500 may be considered compatible by someone, but not by me. I bought a new PC with a P4 2.4, tons of RAM, and also a Radeon 8500 all-in-wonder video card. Gameplay is not smooth in games with over 25 people or so and the game keeps freezing up and making me reboot the PC. I have downloaded new drivers from ATI and also a new BIOS from my motherboard manufacturer, but nothing has helped. Anyone have a suggestion?

U

Unregistered

I too am having many system crashes. I've got a Radeon 7500, AMD 1700 (1.4ghz or so) and a SOYO motherboard. The game runs great, except for when i try to use a vehicle. Almost any vehicle too. I don't know what to do.

By the way, I had installed DirectX 9 at some point, and have heard that the Radeon 7500 does not support it. BUT, you apperently cannot uninstall DirectX!!!! Anyone else having trouble similar to this?

U

Unregistered

u can uninstall direct x there is a program that does it search for it on yahoo it's free and legite

N

nito

BF1942 crashes/unstability

I have a new Athlon XP with nVidia nForce2 chipset, 256MB DDR, a GeForce Ti 4200 - 128 MB-AGP8x and BF crashes to desktop and worst, crashes windows (Blue Screen)
Dealer can not find the way to make this work, even replaced the Computer, but all the same result.
BF only turns out to run more or less stable if not run in high video mode option.
I think this is a major problem with BF thar EA people should take care of, as you see all those reports about unstability and crashes.

J

jynxman14

Originally posted by Unregistered
I too am having many system crashes. I've got a Radeon 7500, AMD 1700 (1.4ghz or so) and a SOYO motherboard. The game runs great, except for when i try to use a vehicle. Almost any vehicle too. I don't know what to do.

By the way, I had installed DirectX 9 at some point, and have heard that the Radeon 7500 does not support it. BUT, you apperently cannot uninstall DirectX!!!! Anyone else having trouble similar to this?

you can always install an older version
over the newer version:)
I have the 7500 too with a barton 2500

U

Unregistered

Can't install an older version over a newer version of DirectX.

Well, sorry people, I have got a P4 1.7, 512 of RDRAM and a Ti4400 and it runs like a dream..

Crash during BF?, what is that...

U

Unregistered

Seems funny that this game ran a bit choppy but ran on my p3 450mhz with the same stuff i'm using now in my AMD 1ghz computer, but won't run in my amd at all, figure that one out, same stuff in here, as was in the p3, but won't run at all..........

U

Unregistered

What about TNT2?

I played BF1942: Secret weapons of WW2 demo, and it worked fine! I've got TNT2 video card. Odd.

K

KingWilson

geforce 4 4800SE?

I've tried all of the fixes in all of the posts I could find about this game, but I still crash at the loading screen (right as it's about 3/4 done). I've tried adjusting refresh rate manually and with the video config fix, but neither works. I have updated drivers for my GeForce4 4800 SE but I still can't make this damn game work. Anyone know if my vid card is accepted or not? Pls help me!

Cory

A

atomaro

Don't feal bad, I am running an Athalon 1700 with a gig of memory and started having many of the same problems that you guys have mentioned (after playing for at least 6 months). I oc'd my GeForce 3 TI200 128mb card and still had frame rates drop to below 15 (despite low pings). So I bought a GeForce FX5900...same stupid problem.

P

pad_theone

OKTUBRE

I WANT TO KNOW IF THE SIS 650_740 IS SUPPORTED BY THE GAME 'CAUSE I DID EVERYTHING TO GET THE GAME WORK BUT NOTHING HAPPENED, IT STILL CRASHES TO DESKTOP:(

PLEASE ANSWERME:cool:

A

atomaro

No, that SIS chipset is not supported...I was able to fix my problems...here is a guide that helped me.

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/intel/faq.html

The 5900 eventually gave some very good results (driver 44.03), but gave some pixel issues...45.23 solved that problem. 53.04 works very well. I also upgraded from the 1700 to a 2400...works much better.

U

Unregistered

Can someone help me out?

I just want to know if BF1942 runs with a 64MB GEFORCE 2 MX400 PCI .

thank you

A

atomaro

I was able to play (all on low seetings) with that same card with a Athalon 950, and either 256 or 512mb ram.

U

Unregistered

Yeah but my computer is a AMD athlon 1.3 ghz, windows xp, 640 mb ram. If i use this card to play bf1942, will I be able to play but not with all the settings on low?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.