Technology Swedish File Sharing Website to Buy Own Island Nation to bypass Copyright Laws

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Swedish file-sharing website The Pirate Bay is planning to buy its own nation in an attempt to circumvent international copyright laws.

The group has set up a campaign to raise money to buy Sealand, a former British naval platform in the North Sea that has been designated a 'micronation', and claims to be outside the jurisdiction of the UK or any other country.

The Pirate Bay says it is the world's largest 'bit torrent tracker', and is a popular way of sharing music, films, software and other copyrighted material online. It has been under the scrutiny of authorities in Sweden and around the world for some time.

The site was briefly closed down after raids by the Swedish police last May. After initially moving to the Netherlands, the site returned to Sweden in June. Swedish authorities have been put under pressure to do more to stop the site. The Motion Picture Association of America, the Swedish Anti-Piracy Bureau and the US government have all lobbied for The Pirate Bay's closure.

Last edited:

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Wow, the lengths people will go to just to get things their way...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Curiously enough, there was an article in the newspaper yesterday about Sealand, saying it's up for sale. But it didn't mention the Swedish File-sharing service.

In any case, their gonna need £500 million spare if they want to buy.

Demi666

Reaction score
yeah i kno but its old news...
and u didt write about the 3 guys who hacked sweden´s national guard btw
i kno who did it:D

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
yeah i kno but its old news...
and u didt write about the 3 guys who hacked sweden´s national guard btw
i kno who did it:D

What article show me it!!!

Allso, if i had the cash I would buy it and label it free zone. And I would let pirates * the kind that deliver packages etc.* use it as a free zone and name it....

One Piece.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
lol, I've read their stuff about how they completely have pwned the authorities before, but I never imagined that they would actualy attempt to buy an asland to get around stuff! Good job Pirate Bay!

And this, to all you ninjas out there, proves that pirates>ninjas.

edit: btw Tonks, i wouldn't worry about the pirate bay going down. Even YTMND likes them, and YTMND is easily the most powerful site out there in e-military value.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.