Tag-map, I am in the need of ideas.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am in the need of ideas. (not really buuuuut, ^^)
The ideas should fit the theme Tag.
Definition of a Tag-map:(my definition)
Different teams, two +, one team a lot stronger than the other one, when you die you can revive either as the opponents or as yourself if you got enough of something, example lives, or you can be saved. There is a time-limit that counts down to something, or counts up to something, or no time-limit at all.

Need ideas on everything, anything is greatly appreciated, even the smallest ones. Different ideas on how to revive, towers, buildings, abilities, unit models... is also appreciated. +Rep to the ten greatest ideas, and maybe I should write what I have so far, hmm...
Cheerio:shades:

D

Down

have the map cut into a 4 peaces x,y -x,y -x,-y x,-y

and give the unit burrow,
when it burrows chance its map to another sector of the grid

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
- cute sounds . based on what tag u got . i usually see sheep tag . so .. when a sheep dies , play the sheep death sound , or custom sounds which u got . makes the game interesting .

- a good terrain impresses players , a cute terrain arouses youngsters to play your game more . ( eg . your map is shaped like a pikachu )

- ever played vamprism? builders build towers to defend themselves yeah ? how about something new ? Its your call to customize this part . Sheeps should build something fluffy and nice ( custom models of course ) to be cute . xD i love cute things . WHICH requires items , not only lumber or gold .
items will be found by exploring the map .

- the enemy , like the stronger team , cannot be too dull ( just to walk around to kill the sheeps ) . I dont have ideas for this part ... =/

No more ideas from me .. hope they're useful

Sessional

Reaction score
The chasing team should have a few quests or something to penalize the team that is attempting to survive. Like the first quest would be to use a net or something on the opposing unit, and then it would be held for 8 seconds and lose 10 gold or something.

In my opinion if you add these quests it requires the little people to have to keep running around to try and avoid and prevent the completion of these mini quests.

Either make it harder to get the required resources or increase the penalty size so that it actually means something.

Kershbob

Reaction score
To rescue someone you have to channel on them for a certain amount of time, the chasers are only warned this is happening when the channeling is 50% complete or such.

Also that burrow idea rocks. Hard.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Various ideas....

A pretty good theme would be like "Goblin Tag" , small goblin shredders (they are unrealistically big compared to trees normally :O ) chased around by ents in a forest ( with some open areas due to the goblins harvesting)

And the ents could have like
"Root trap" - place a trap - if you go near it you get rooted
Tree morph - morphs into a tree, pretty sneaky
Throw log - what it sounds like. avoidable, stun on hit
Summon Treantling - small scout without attack
Frag Swap - swithces place with an allied hero, great for fragging <o/
Leap - like Miranas in dota - dont ask
Toss - like Tinys in dota, usefull with some teamplay

And goblins

mine
scatter shot - stun
suicide attack - blows up itself, stuns enemys for a long time(will probably be unused:D )
Boost - like leap
Sawblade throw - shoots out a sawblade (The witch doctor heros attack model will prob work) that destroys trees in a line in front of it.

pretty funny with everyone jumping around :)
so... wadda ya think?
even if you dont like the theme idea maybe the spells could be usefull

ManyTimes

Reaction score
have the map cut into a 4 peaces x,y -x,y -x,-y x,-y
and give the unit burrow,
when it burrows chance its map to another sector of the grid
Hmm, no, will not have that...

cute sounds
Hmm, I do not see the point of adding sounds at all, pardon me, but, everyone is listening to their own playlist? While playing? :)

ever played vamprism?
Yes...

how about something new ? Its your call to customize this part
Wtf? I were asking for suggestions on something new, and you come up with that its my call to have something new? :) niceone! Never thought of that:p

To rescue someone you have to channel on them for a certain amount of time, the chasers are only warned this is happening when the channeling is 50% complete or such.
Niceone...

The chasing team should have a few quests
Hmm, not bad... But could you give more details on how exactly those would go?:)

A pretty good theme would be like "Goblin Tag" , small goblin shredders (they are unrealistically big compared to trees normally :O ) chased around by ents in a forest ( with some open areas due to the goblins harvesting)
I like, very very much! <3 hehe...
Just that, I want a more "dark" theme in the tag...Northrend Glacier as tileset, even though, I can change that OR just create some few models (or just change the colors of the units actually, to bit..."cold":))

Nice spells also...Just that:
Leap - like Miranas in dota - dont ask
Toss - like Tinys in dota, usefull with some teamplay
What is leap in DotA? What is Toss in DoTA?....havent touched DotA the last 3-4 years or so...;)

Cheerio

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
ok unlearned one...

What is leap in DotA? What is Toss in DoTA?....havent touched DotA the last 3-4 years or so...
some1 that has wc3 and never plays dota :O, thats unheard of!

Well the Toss thingie throws the nearest unit to a target location,
the Leap like changes your height and moves you forward(what makes it different from blink is that you move towards the direction you are facing, you do not target a location.

What i like about these spells are the unpredictability of them, you never know who your gonna throw or where you will end up when pressing the leap button.
Adding random distance to these abilities would also spice it up :p
(The goblin's Boost ability should have like a 10% chance to make the unit start flying in circles for like 10sec - all the goblin abilities should have a small chance to malfunction :D )

I think i have a pretty clear picture on how to make these spells so if you need some trigger help just tell me ( i don't speak JASS:cool: )

ManyTimes

Reaction score
some1 that has wc3 and never plays dota :O, thats unheard of!
I say this only once; pro's do not play DotA
(stop this talk about dota^^)
Well the Toss thingie throws the nearest unit to a target location,
Hmm nearest enemy unit? So, its more or less a "random" unit, even though, it is the nearest (I mean, you cannot decide who to be "leaped" if two melee attacks you?)...:) And you can pick the position where you will throw him to? Ok...
Leap like changes your height and moves you forward(what makes it different from blink is that you move towards the direction you are facing, you do not target a location.
Hm...Its more or less like a "Jump"-spell, changes height, moves forward for a short duration...Then stops? Able to go over trees? (since fly height?)...You move towards? Just like, slide sort of with height? Ehm, ability that "activates" this is something like "berserk"? since you say "not target a location"?
Well, details aint that really needed in these spells...I got the "thing" out of it anyways;)
Bump also=)

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Hey guys,
(not really buuuuut, ^^)
(my definition)
+Rep to the ten greatest ideas, and maybe I should write what I have so far, hmm...

the white is to dark, not light enough!! :rolleyes:

anyway it would be good for a tag map in my opinion to have various taggers/runners w/e that can be good to work together like some are faster some can build better buildings.. but arnt rigged like sheep tag ROTS, where rescue ranger is rigged. :p

ManyTimes

Reaction score
the white is to dark, not light enough
:D
anyway it would be good for a tag map in my opinion to have various taggers/runners w/e that can be good to work together like some are faster some can build better buildings.. but arnt rigged like sheep tag ROTS, where rescue ranger is rigged.
Hehe, yes, rescue ranger cannot be killed, not when host gets the rescue range (0 ping, jesus)... Yes, that sounds ok I guess, someone got like "Endurance aura" another "devoition aura" together they boost their towers/walls...So it would be better to build a base together...Well...But, I am sick of having towers for the runners, the same old same old "runners builds imba towers>GG"... That part I need something new...Traps that hurts? That can be placed infront of walls > While hunters attacks walls they lose life because of the traps..hmmm... :)

Tonks: Sad, but I read "everything in that link", gave me nothing, except for some silly modes...:)
Last Bump I guess...:)

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
what about different collision sizes for the different teams, so that there are tiny spaces between the trees/rocks/cliffs/seas only one team can pass ( most probably the runners to flee in case of emergency )

WC3_map_fan

Reaction score
personally i like the ultimate sheep tag maps where the wolf team all have the same skills and the sheep tag all have the same skills none of the ROTS shit its ruined the classic game, only a few sheep can build the full buildings on those maps and it ruins ther game making osme characters unballanced i think you should stick to the sheep tag classic versions and make the terrain in the sheep favour where you need 2 wolfs to make it easier to kill them like trapping them in path ways and stuff... have made a few sheep tags in the past and have found them to be quite popular with me and my friends at lan partys althogh i never published them...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.