Minigame Tag You're It

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Tag You're It
v1.64

There ain't really much to say about Tag you're it!
It's idea is based of a map I made with a mate 4½ years ago.

Description: Random person is tagged. He has to make sure another person is tagged before the timer runs out, or he loses the game.
You tag people by using an ability on them called "Tagged!". You only get that ability if you are the tagger, meaning you can't "pre select" the ability, ready to tag someone who's tagging you (keep in mind, it's possible if you're really fast). The person who just tagged someone (who needs to get away from the person he tagged) gain +100% movement speed for 10 seconds. Called "Rush away" to avoid re-tagging.

Everytime the timer runs out, 1 person is defeated.
Last man standing wins :rolleyes:

Screenshots for the curious
New screenshots will come!
]

Added features since last:
-changed to a more pro custom loading screen!
-kick function added.
-alot of bugs fixed
-multiboard fixed
-added wormhole rune
-added slowmode rune (fun rune :D)
-added stun after tag, to avoid re-tagging as much as possible.

--ENJOY!

Version 1.64 now available:
Download link!
Epic Wars -> Tag You're It v1.64

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Is tagging done by abilities? Can the units tag back right away or is there a countdown? Are there rounds in this game? You can at least explain those and like already said, you need to post screenshots.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
This seems a lot like that bomb throwing game where you need to throw the bomb.... ah.... Pass the Bomb. Except we have very very little to go on.

lindenkron

Reaction score
Update:
-Added levels, that close the playable area further and further in, when there is fewer players left.

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Why not make divine shield when you tag someone to prevent retagging?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I would suggest a slow on the tagged one for 4 seconds or something. That way he can't follow the one tagging him around and wait for the divine shield to end.

Also, you could work a bit more on the terrain, currently it looks very repeating and boring. If you need any help I can help out with terrain and triggers.

lindenkron

Reaction score

Well if you're fast enough you can re-tag, but otherwise, as written, the person gets "Rush away" +100% movement speed for 10 seconds. Enough to get away.

Also, you could work a bit more on the terrain, currently it looks very repeating and boring. If you need any help I can help out with terrain and triggers.

It's suppose to be monotone(spelled correctly? :rolleyes:), the map is not about some cool looking terrain, it's a mini game for having fun. So far I've only gotten positive response on it hehe :) So when you try it let me know.

-Lindenkron <3

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
>the map is not about some cool looking terrain, it's a mini game for having fun.
Still, a decent terrain is more fun to play in, the current one gives me a headache.

>So far I've only gotten positive response on it hehe :)
Except for me that is?

>So when you try it let me know.
Can't host sorry, but if you host it some time inform me and I will join.

lindenkron

Reaction score
Still, a decent terrain is more fun to play in, the current one gives me a headache.
Well, ain't my fault you head can't handle it ;)

Except for me that is?
People who have actually played it, and not looked at 2 screenshots :)

Can't host sorry, but if you host it some time inform me and I will join.
Just played it 5 times in a row. To bad I didn't read this before we quit :(

Ill write here next time I host. PS: Wolfie, I downloaded DR, it might help. But I think it's the long distance (US -> Europe) that coarsed the delay :eek:.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
The terrain could indeed use some better looks.
Tooltips need work.

And probably just the CA -> Europe, yeah.

Lyle.

Reaction score
Maybe use a different name? There is already a game out with the same exact name.

lindenkron

Reaction score
Maybe use a different name? There is already a game out with the same exact name.

Rofl indeed there is. Didn't notice before now. Well it's not a known map, so I won't bother :) But thanks for mentioning it.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Infact I still have it n my WC3 map database

how about mage tag and add a bunch of cool spells and nice terrain? Just a thought :p

lindenkron

Reaction score
:eek: Such a famous map and I've never heard of it?
Now there's a first :p

Anyway, it ain't played on northrend atleast not at the moment. I'm guessing most here is USeast/west etc?

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
You could add more spells to the Runner though, Terrain is tooo .... in my opinion, you should make terrain that have fog or something.

E.g Person B is at ground level 1 and person A is at ground level 2 and he can't see him but he can see everybody at ground level 2.

More levels would be nice too. This seems like a PassTheBomb still execpt you renamed it with "Tag"

Your loading screen picture has no link to your map :p , try to use a ingame screenshot of a person getting tagged although it looks abit cool.

Also, make hiding spots and let them build only one building which can be destoryed with a click so that running to area with one space they can block them out and then go by another way which pisses them off :p.

Other then that no problem.

lindenkron

Reaction score
You could add more spells to the Runner though, Terrain is tooo .... in my opinion, you should make terrain that have fog or something. E.g Person B is at ground level 1 and person A is at ground level 2 and he can't see him but he can see everybody at ground level 2.
Wouldnt have a clue on how to do that. Also it would make the minigame go from simple to complicated. I mean, there's people playing this map that fail to understand how to "tag" people. It's using an ability, linked 'T' called "Tagged!" ... :banghead:

More levels would be nice too. This seems like a PassTheBomb still execpt you renamed it with "Tag"
I didn't build this map on that. As I wrote above, I made a map similar to this with a mate 4-5 years ago. Just lost the map unfortunately, even though it was quiet often on the list of maps hosted. I didn't do much back then. Most was trigger work, I just did models and terrain :D. Wasn't old enough to get triggers :(. But now that I got a "somewhat" better understanding of it, and since I couldnt find the old map, I decided to 'remake' it :) featuring some new stuff hehe.

Your loading screen picture has no link to your map :p , try to use a ingame screenshot of a person getting tagged although it looks abit cool.
Haha, I know mate, I know :D. Just wanted to add something. I've used a person getting tagged by another as a Preview image (which you'd know if you tested the map in public? ;) ). But I did try to use that as a loading screen, but I couldnt get an image big enough. So I just found something random to put on. Probably a waste of space :rolleyes: But hey! It's just a map right? :p

Also, make hiding spots and let them build only one building which can be destoryed with a click so that running to area with one space they can block them out and then go by another way which pisses them off :p.
Okay this last bit was quiet confusing :confused:. :p Well anyway, you can build a maximum of 3 barricades (before you get mana to build one more, the old building dies). These can be destroyed by the tagger, using an ability (costing money ofcause). So even if you can block, you are not safe! You gotta keep running. (like in TAG! :p).

"Other then that no problem."
Quiet alot of stuff still? ;)

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Couldn't you use attack for tagging? Then people should know how to tag (Just set Aquisition Range to 0).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.