Gaming Take-Two completes Zynga acquisition

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Deal closed May 23, mobile firm officially a subsidiary of publishing giant.

Take-Two Interactive has completed the acquisition of mobile studio Zynga, following shareholder approval from both parties last week.

The transaction sees the Grand Theft Auto publisher purchase all outstanding shares of the company for approximately $12.7 billion.

"We are thrilled to complete our combination with Zynga," Said Take-Two chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick, who called the deal a "pivotal step" in the firm's plans to build out its mobile offering.

"As we bring together our exceptional talent, exciting pipelines of games, and industry-leading technologies and capabilities, we believe that we can take our portfolio to another level of creativity, innovation, and quality.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I had no idea Zynga was still out there at all. I guess they were 12.7 billion out there. I used to play Mafia Wars and Farmville but that was like 15 years ago...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I had no idea Zynga was still out there at all. I guess they were 12.7 billion out there. I used to play Mafia Wars and Farmville but that was like 15 years ago...
Today, it is still out there. I was about to say, "not anymore", but since it's still active as a subsidiary...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
How in the holy hell are they worth 12.7 billion dollars? That is unbelievable to me for a game company that I could not even name a current game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.