Taking hero/unit/item idea requests

mapguy

Reaction score
DON't you think it's a good idea to give the RAGE point for every X damage taken or received?

because if you receive for each attack you perform people would just give massive attack speed to him.

if it gains from beeing attacked you would just throw yourself in the middle of creeps and get a lot of rage...

You could make something gain 1 rage for every 150 damage received. and 1 rage for every 50 damage dealed.

:Dyou dont have to use my ideas, this is just an opinion

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Thanks.

Fast question:

1st Active( Blade of Insanity )
Is it instant?
Or Unit targetable? :thup:

Picture it like a blink strike, although he does not move instantly - around 600 MS or 20 distance / 0.03 seconds in your periodic trigger.

So: Semi-instant, unit targetable.

You're welcome btw :)

Happysmiley

Reaction score
DON't you think it's a good idea to give the RAGE point for every X damage taken or received?

because if you receive for each attack you perform people would just give massive attack speed to him.

if it gains from beeing attacked you would just throw yourself in the middle of creeps and get a lot of rage...

You could make something gain 1 rage for every 150 damage received. and 1 rage for every 50 damage dealed.

:Dyou dont have to use my ideas, this is just an opinion

Yes, I have thought about it. In my opinion it would make an already quite complex hero even more so. In the end, I'm here to give examples, ideas or concepts that they can use as is or tweak as they want. Besides, I like heroes that base their builds on IAS, it feels alot more unique than the others.

By the way, if you have any suggestions directed towards me, I'd rather you throw me a PM, otherwise this thread will end up alot more crowded with "unnecessesary" replies than it would otherwise.

EDIT: The same applies to a spellcaster. Spending the same amount on mana reg a Werax player would to get his IAS, both would end up with slim-to infinite mana (or rage in Werax's case) pools. He is, like any other hero, still limited by his cooldowns.

mapguy

Reaction score
Yes, I have thought about it. In my opinion it would make an already quite complex hero even more so. In the end, I'm here to give examples, ideas or concepts that they can use as is or tweak as they want.

By the way, if you have any suggestions directed towards me, I'd rather you throw me a PM, otherwise this thread will end up alot more crowded with "unnecessesary" replies than it would otherwise.

ok, Ill PM you.

and its not complex to add rage per damage taken/received.
the trigger for this, is easier than the one that counts attacks performed and received.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
ok, Ill PM you.

and its not complex to add rage per damage taken/received.
the trigger for this, is easier than the one that counts attacks performed and received.

I don't mean the triggers, I mean the concept as a whole. Think about it, most skills in ie. DotA are skills that takes 5 seconds to grasp. Most people don't have the will or time to learn heroes if their abilities aren't easy to understand. If you ever played HoN, you'd know what I'm talking about ;)

NotInTheFace

Reaction score
Here are a couple of my hero ideas I'm not too satisfied with. Hopefully you'll come up with something really good. :)

Ancient of Wonders - Night Elf (Str/melee/tank/support)

The theme is kind of like the sorting hat from Harry Potter - old, crusty, but with hidden and unexpected powers. Basically it uses the items it couldn't sell that have gotten damaged as its spells.

These are my current ability ideas:

Torn Recovery Scroll - gives the target an armor + regen bonus
Scratched Crystal Ball - scout somehow?
Expired Potion of Invulnerability - a potion of invulnerability that doesn't quite work right somehow
overgrowth (ultimate) - entangling roots on any enemy hero within 250 of a tree anywhere and on every enemy within 700 of the caster.

Ogre Magi - Orc (Int/melee/nuke)

The theme I'm looking for is something lighthearted, like "We're not brainless anymore!" from WC2. Trying to prove that Ogres deserve respect too. Hmm, kinda sounds like Shrek now that I wrote it out. :p

Looking for 4 abilities, one is ultimate, no more than one passive, with 4 levels for the regular spells and 3 for the ultimate.

Thanks!

mapguy

Reaction score
I have a hero request for you, here it is:

The hero uses the model of mountain king.
it's class is ultimate warrior.
his name is Leroy Jekens.

he is supposed to have 5 skills.
4 are active, 1 is passive.

3 skills are basic abilities.
1 is lesser ultimate.
1 is greater ultimate.

one skill must involve tossing a hammer.
one must involve tossing an axe.
One must be something that gives more physical power to him.
the other two you are free to create by yourself.

good luck.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
This is really hard to say what this hero is about. I think hes going to be a hero killer. Im not sure what you can come up with. Again 3 spells 6 levels and 1 ultimate with 3 levels.
picture.php

Hes the red ghoul in the middle. Not sure what else i can say. I can wait if you dont have time.

Happysmiley

Reaction score
icons_4906_btn.jpg

Oldbark, the Ancient of Wonders

As its name implies, the Ancient of Wonders is a deity from ages past, subject for countless millenia of elven worship. He wanders the northen forests, protecting it from intruders and desecrators who frequently try to ravage it for lumber.

icons_6142_btn.jpg

Shield of Thorns

Swathes a friendly unit in thorns, giving it physical protection and harming anyone attacking it.

Level 1: Gives a friendly unit 10% physical damage reduction, and deals 8 damage to anyone attacking it for the duration.
Level 2: Gives a friendly unit 14% physical damage reduction, and deals 16 damage to anyone attacking it for the duration.
Level 3: Gives a friendly unit 18% physical damage reduction, and deals 24 damage to anyone attacking it for the duration.
Level 4: Gives a friendly unit 22% physical damage reduction, and deals 32 damage to anyone attacking it for the duration.

Mana Cost: 50/65/85/110 mana
Cooldown: 24 seconds
Duration: 14 seconds

icons_5909_btn.jpg

Begone, little wretches

Empowered by Mother Nature, Oldbarks enters a rage in an attempt to purge the defilers from his lands.

Level 1: Gives Oldbark's strength by 12 and movement speed by 5%. Every time he attacks an enemy under the effect, increases strength/movement speed by 2/1%, stacking up to 5 times.
Level 2: Gives Oldbark's strength by 20 and movement speed by 7%. Every time he attacks an enemy under the effect, increases strength/movement speed by 3/1%, stacking up to 5 times.
Level 3: Gives Oldbark's strength by 28 and movement speed by 7%. Every time he attacks an enemy under the effect, increases strength/movement speed by 4/2%, stacking up to 5 times.
Level 4: Gives Oldbark's strength by 36 and movement speed by 9%. Every time he attacks an enemy under the effect, increases strength/movement speed by 5/2%, stacking up to 5 times.

Mana Cost: 50/75/100/125 mana
Cooldown: 17 seconds
Duration: 9 seconds

icons_9846_pas.jpg

Nature's Embrace (passive)

Oldbark's immense powers enchants the vines he creates, allowing his allies to benefit and punishing his enemies.

Level 1: Thorns affecting allies restores 2 HP every second to them, in the same way that thorns affecting enemies deals 10 damage every second.
Level 2: Thorns affecting allies restores 4 HP every second to them, in the same way that thorns affecting enemies deals 20 damage every second.
Level 3: Thorns affecting allies restores 6 HP every second to them, in the same way that thorns affecting enemies deals 30 damage every second.
Level 4: Thorns affecting allies restores 8 HP every second to them, in the same way that thorns affecting enemies deals 40 damage every second.

icons_10279_btn.jpg

Overgrowth

Shoots a massive shockwave of sprouting thorns, snaring all enemies caught within and rending them while applying thorny shields to allies.

Level 1: Sprouts thorns between Oldbark and target point, slowing enemies by 30% and dealing damage equal to his strength x1.5 over 3 seconds. Also applies "Shield of Thorns" to affected allies based on its level - for 3 seconds.

Level 2: Sprouts thorns between Oldbark and target point, slowing enemies by 30% and dealing damage equal to his strength x2 over 4 seconds. Also applies "Shield of Thorns" to affected allies based on its level - for 4 seconds.

Level 3: Sprouts thorns between Oldbark and target point, slowing enemies by 30% and dealing damage equal to his strength x2.5 over 5 seconds. Also applies "Shield of Thorns" to affected allies based on its level - for 5 seconds.

Mana Cost: 200/275/350 mana
Cooldown: 140 seconds

Clarification: This ability is not very strong on its own, but combined with high levels on his other three basic abilities which all add to the effect, it becomes very potent (albeit a long cooldown).

Notes: The ability is a target point. Illustration; Oldbark ======= X
It applies Shield of Thorns based on your current level. So if you are using ulti rank 1 and have your Shield of Thorns at level 4, all allies within the AoE are buffed with it for 3 seconds.

Hope you like it, I put quite a lot of thought into synergy and I think the overall concept is neat:thup:

NEXT

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
My request is rather robust but I hope it is okay.

What I Need:
  • A more detailed lore. I still want the most of the current Information to remain.
  • 3 Spell Suggestions. Holy Themed or Anti-caster Themed since he is a Witch Slayer.
  • A Hero name.

What I have established so far:

paladin.gif
The Witch Slayer
* Class archetype: Melee, Str, Caster, Semi-Tank.

* Hero background:
Once a powerful aristocrat, <Hero Name> abondoned his throne and vowed to devote his life to the eradication of all evil. Clad in robes white as pure snow <Hero Name> strides in to battle smiting his enemies with his holy powers bestowed upon him by the gods...

So the basic Idea of this hero is a Holy themed Tanker with no heals. I am also considering Anti-caster spells since he is a Witch Slayer.

* Finished Spells:
icons_640_btn.jpg

Sanctuary
Ultimate

Creates a sanctuary of light at a target location where the Witchslayer and his allies can be safe. Units in the Sanctuary have their health regeneration increased by 10% of the Witch Slayer's Intelligence.

Rays of light come down every second, smiting enemies within the sanctuary. The rays of light strikes down at a random point in the sanctuary and damages nearby enemies for .5 Strength.

Remarks:
  • All spells must be based on Stats or Percentage.
  • There will only be one level for each spell.
  • This character is not supposed to heal!
  • One spell must relate to his sledgehammer: Witch Hammer. Maybe a 1 attack powerup?

If you want any more Info just tell me. Thanks!

Happysmiley

Reaction score
My request is rather robust but I hope it is okay.

What I Need:
  • A more detailed lore. I still want the most of the current Information to remain.
  • 3 Spell Suggestions. Holy Themed or Anti-caster Themed since he is a Witch Slayer.
  • A Hero name.

What I have established so far:

paladin.gif
The Witch Slayer
* Class archetype: Melee, Str, Caster, Semi-Tank.

* Hero background:
Once a powerful aristocrat, <Hero Name> abondoned his throne and vowed to devote his life to the eradication of all evil. Clad in robes white as pure snow <Hero Name> strides in to battle smiting his enemies with his holy powers bestowed upon him by the gods...

So the basic Idea of this hero is a Holy themed Tanker with no heals. I am also considering Anti-caster spells since he is a Witch Slayer.

* Finished Spells:

Remarks:
  • All spells must be based on Stats or Percentage.
  • There will only be one level for each spell.
  • This character is not supposed to heal!
  • One spell must relate to his sledgehammer: Witch Hammer. Maybe a 1 attack powerup?

If you want any more Info just tell me. Thanks!

Oh my god. I have been wanting to submit a Witch Hunter since I first played one in WAR Online! :thup:

Happysmiley

Reaction score
icons_3208_btn.jpg

Leeroy Jenkins, the Ultimate Warrior

Once a royal Dragon Slayer, Leeroy was dismissed after one crusade under his command went horribly wrong and he was banished from the kingdom. These days, he lends his sword to whomever has a heavy purse - still remaining as one of the most powerful champions.

icons_9004_btn.jpg

Vengeful Hammer

Recalling the day he was banished and betrayed, Leeroy builds up an intense rage, then throws his hammer with immense force. The impact slugs the target backwards, knocking it silly. For each target passing the hammers' path it builds up strength.

Level 1: Slings Leeroy's hammer at a target up to 400 distance away. Deals 50 initial damage + 10 for each enemy the hammer passed through. In the same way, stuns the target for 0.5 seconds + 0.1 seconds for each enemy.
Level 2: Slings Leeroy's hammer at a target up to 450 distance away. Deals 90 initial damage + 15 for each enemy the hammer passed through. In the same way, stuns the target for 1 second + 0.1 seconds for each enemy.
Level 3: Slings Leeroy's hammer at a target up to 500 distance away. Deals 130 initial damage + 20 for each enemy the hammer passed through. In the same way, stuns the target for 1 seconds + 0.2 seconds for each enemy.
Level 4: Slings Leeroy's hammer at a target up to 550 distance away. Deals 170 initial damage + 25 for each enemy the hammer passed through. In the same way, stuns the target for 1.5 seconds + 0.2 seconds for each enemy.

Mana Cost: 75/90/120/150 mana
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11 seconds

icons_6376_btn.jpg

Heart and Steel

Slashes the target wildly, sharing with it the pain Leeroy's heart has endured.

Level 1: Deals 50 damage. If Leeroy's HP is below 20%, Heart and Steel deals double damage and restores the same amount to him over 6 seconds.
Level 2: Deals 70 damage. If Leeroy's HP is below 20%, Heart and Steel deals double damage and restores the same amount to him over 6 seconds.
Level 3: Deals 100 damage. If Leeroy's HP is below 25%, Heart and Steel deals double damage and restores the same amount to him over 6 seconds.
Level 4: Deals 140 damage. If Leeroy's HP is below 30%, Heart and Steel deals double damage and restores the same amount to him over 6 seconds.

Mana Cost: 90/110/130/150 mana
Cooldown: 10 seconds

icons_4184_btn.jpg

Soul of a Dragon Slayer

As a Dragon Slayer, every second of his existence depends on the Slayer acting, thinking and essentially becoming a dragon. This ability to adapt to most situations in a heart beat allows him to lay down any foe standing in his way.

Level 1:
  • Over 75% HP: No effect
  • Between 25 and 75% HP: Grants 15% increased damage
  • Under 25% HP: Increases armor by 5

Level 2:
  • Over 75% HP: No effect
  • Between 25 and 75% HP: Grants 20% increased damage
  • Under 25% HP: Increases armor by 7

Level 3:
  • Over 75% HP: Grants 10% increased damage
  • Between 25 and 75% HP: Grants 20% increased damage
  • Under 25% HP: Increases armor by 9
Level 4:
  • Over 75% HP: Grants 15% increased damage
  • Between 25 and 75% HP: Grants 25% increased damage
  • Under 25% HP: Increases armor by 11

icons_4050_btn.jpg

Fiery Axe (Lesser ultimate)

Imbues his axe with draconic flames and flings it at an unfortunate victim. The searing heat incinerates the ground in its path, and detonates when it hits the target.

Effect: Tosses Leeroy's axe at a target leaving flames on the ground behind it. The flames deal 3% of max HP every second for 5 seconds to enemy units entering it and slows them for 40%. On impact, deals 300 damage to units within 400 AoE.

Mana Cost: 250 mana
Cooldown: 80 seconds

icons_5155_btn.jpg

Bubblio Hearthstonius (greater ultimate)

Using the divine powers still within him, he summons a shield around him, protecting him from all harm and then teleporting to safety.

Effect: Surrounds Leeroy with an inpenetrable shield, and teleports him to safety after 10 seconds.

Mana Cost: 400 mana
Cooldown: 300 seconds

There you have him. I thought about giving him a charge-like skill, but... It would be too obvious :)
k

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.