250px-ToS-R_Cover.jpg

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
(Tales of Symphonia: -ラタトスクの騎士-)

[del]Release Date (Japan): June 30th, 2008[/del]
[del]Release Date (United States): November 1st, 2008[/del]
Game Console: Wii
Game Type: RPG

Introduction
Set two years after the events of Tales of Symphonia for the Nintendo GameCube, Dawn of the New World follows the journey of two new young heroes, Emil Castagnier and Marta Lualdi, as they seek to uncover the mystery of why their world has fallen into ruin. In their quest, their paths will cross with the original cast of Tales of Symphonia including Lloyd and Colette, as well as a summon spirit known as Ratatosk who claims to be the lord of all monsters.

Dawn of the New World introduces a new monster recruitment feature in which players can capture more than 200 unique enemies and train them to actively participate in battle. Players can then feed these monsters to make them more effective, and even evolve them into several new fearsome forms. The game also features an updated real-time battle system that lets players move freely in all directions around the battlefield, execute powerful unison attacks and take advantage of a new elemental alignment system for even more strategic depth.

Japanese Game Opening
[YOUTUBE]XcMuxkpbR0o[/YOUTUBE]

English Game Opening
[YOUTUBE]3vgZqlVNSQs[/YOUTUBE]

Japanese Trailer
[YOUTUBE]aMAaF-YUGkM[/YOUTUBE]

My Comments
Really I am kind of depressed, now they temp me to want to finish Tales of Symphonia. :rolleyes:
To bad I don't have a Wii, or I would probably buy this when it game out.

Anyway for those who don't know the original storyline for Tales of Symphonia
Plot said:
Two worlds exist, both unaware of the existance of the other. In order for one world to flourish, the other will have to perish. On the perishing world, a Choosen one is send on a journey to restore that world's mana by awakening the Spirits and becoming an angel. Colette Brunel, the Choosen of Sylvarant, sets out on her journey accompanied by her best friends Lloyd Irving and Genis Sage. As they travel further they meet more friends and even more enemies, while they learn more and more about the truth behind the World Regeneration.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I liked the original (a little over cliched and all that, but fun)

I probably will get this.

maybe it will also have 2 disks, which means it would be longer that the original because I bet wii disks hold more than gamecube disks.

correct me if I'm wrong about the above statement.

also, the end felt a little stretched out mizou.

Reaction score
I don't know a single nextgen console game that needs 2 dvd's.

The game looks awesome :D!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
17 Old Characters and 23 New characters, as you can see from the cover Lloyd and Colette will be in it, but many suspect Lloyd will be the enemy because of the trailer

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
17 Old Characters and 23 New characters, as you can see from the cover Lloyd and Colette will be in it, but many suspect Lloyd will be the enemy because of the trailer

looks like it, although seeing how the original game goes, he'll probably turn out to be good or something, or possesed.

btw, unneeded bump.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
*bump and search for updates, cause I have nothing to do right now.*

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Bump
+
anyone still interested in this game? Not that many updates on gamestop though so... ya.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
I watched the first hour of the game on youtube yesterday. So awesome. =D
Seems like you can play with the the old characters (besides Kratos of course) again, they all join the group at least for a while.
Colette being the first one. <3<3<3

The first fight against Lloyd is so epic, he annihilates your group within 5 seconds. xD

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I watched the first hour of the game on youtube yesterday. So awesome. =D
Seems like you can play with the the old characters (besides Kratos of course) again, they all join the group at least for a while.
Colette being the first one. <3<3<3

The first fight against Lloyd is so epic, he annihilates your group within 5 seconds. xD

lol.

link now! :p

your avatar is collete, unless its some weird clone from somewhere else, which I doubt.

btw, off-topic, what does sooooozeeeen mean?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
FINALLY got the game yesterday and a freeloader (first imported game for the Wii) today.... so yeah, GAMEAGE! XD

And buuuu on everyone who doesn't have it. :p

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Added the English Game Opening - Yep I guess the ToS Junkies were right (again). The English opening is an orchestral song with no voice. I am really tempted to get a Wii now but w/e I will wait another Year xD (Then all the guides will be out, so just in case I get lost in the Game I know what to do)

English Game Opening
[YOUTUBE]3vgZqlVNSQs[/YOUTUBE]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.