Talking about computer cooling.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I am in great need of both something to do and better cooling for my computer so it can't be any more perfect than me building it myself:)

But I am a bit uncertain about how to best approach this.

This is the material I got:
Aluminum.
A heck of a lot of computer fans.
Copper pipes.
Wood.
Fridge and freezer compressors.
Two 230V AC to 12V DC converters.

I was thinking about making a box with fans which has one fan that suck air into the box, one fan that blows air from the box to the computer and a couple of fans that makes the air spin to make more wind.

I have heard that the air that is blown in can never get colder than the room temperature and that is why I am trying to think of a way to cool the air like using a freezer compressor.

Any ideas or tips? I am pretty much welcoming any suggestions at this point^^

Edit: I just thought about another way, I could build a water cooling rig from an old washing machine pump, but there is the questions about condensation and where to put the pipes or tubes.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
collc.jpg

That would be something, Wouldn't It?

Well, you doesn't need moar than one coller fan :thup:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
collc.jpg

That would be something, Wouldn't It?

Well, you doesn't need moar than one coller fan :thup:

Except for the fact that it would probably blow away my computer, my desk, me and probably most of my room it would actually be a good idea:p

I am serious about this, I have a AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton which has a these stats original:
FSB clock: 166Mhz
Clock Multiplier: 11.5
Total of: 1917Mhz

And I have currently clocked it to:
FSB clock: 176Mhz
Total of: 2024Mhz

I want to get it up to at least:
FSB clock: 200Mhz
Total of: 2300Mhz

And I need the cooling to support it, but am not sure about how to make it happen. I could use my original fan-box design and put an aluminum cooler there and put copper pipes filled with water in it as well and put a pump that pushes the water through, the question is still if it could handle the cooling of the processor and if there is any good way to prevent condensation on the piping.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.