targetable Group-Portraits

Prester

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I m making a team-rpg map for my next lan and the focus lies on difficult fights.
Now my problem is: Targeting something

The tank will get a hell lot of dmg over a short period of time
Now i m making healing spells realy cheap and quick to cast, but the problem
is, that with a huge boss and perhaps some adds and the tank running around and the other players and summons and effects . . . . . its not that easy to always heal the one u want to heal.

now i could view this as part of the difficulty but i would rather like it to be a problem of taktiks when to heal whom and not of luck/skill of hitting the one u were aiming for ...

to do so i remembered my old time in wow where u had a portrait of every partymember at the left side of the screen ( or the right?) and could just cast ur spell on this icon.

is something like this possible in wc3?

and i m sorry but i m realy bad with the trigger editor, i mean i understand most triggers and can adept them into my work but when it comes to jass mui gui ... i m somewhat lost so i would apreciate it, if u would write ur solutions as detailed as possible (a test map would be awsome but anything that helps is apreciated)

lg
Michael

Bankde

Reaction score
Maybe "Share unit control". I'm not sure how to do this but I can say it is possible. (I've seen in some boss-fight map)

You cannot control other units in that map although it is share unit control.

Let's me check and search for a while :)

Prester

Reaction score
hm, doenst sound too bad
but i can remember in dota by sharing control i dont get any kind of icon or whatever to switch to the other hero so selecting them with spells doesnt become easier
I just thought of something, if we all share our heros, and i (the healer) select ALL our heros at once, will in the middle of the bottom interface be a list of all choosen units? and if my hero is highlighted in this group i would be able to select a spell and klick on the picture of the hero. Cannot trie it atm :-/ Walking is not a prob cause we walk with arrows (3rd person)

the important thing is to be able to eassily cast spells on any group member (especially healing) if its not possible with portraits but by another way i ll choose that one as well ;-)
just thought with pictures its the easiest way.

could there be a way to make it impossible for a char to select anything else than a hero? or an ally? that even if he tries to cast the heal on the boss it wouldnt work or the near ally hero would be healed?

Bankde

Reaction score
That's will be FULL share unit control (In order to have portrait at the left side)

I give me time remember which map I've seen so I can check how the trigger make me not able to control other players' units. (I've very small free time right now :( )

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
This tip from DioD should be what you're looking for:
2) not possible from GUI due stupid limits, you must share advanced controls for this player, but not normal controls, this will show icon but wont let you select or control hero.

That way you can click a spell on the icon to cast it on the hero, but can't control it.

So, for example, to show the hero icons of Teal to Red but not allow control, use these two custom script lines:
Trigger:
    • Custom script: call SetPlayerAlliance( Player(2), Player(0), ALLIANCE_SHARED_ADVANCED_CONTROL, true)
    • Custom script: call SetPlayerAlliance( Player(2), Player(0), ALLIANCE_SHARED_CONTROL, false)

Prester

Reaction score
Hi again
@ Weep i tried what u wrote but when i trie to activate the trigger it always says
takes nothing returns nothing error line 28 line 29 ...

btw how do i post triggers in here like u and not like

Custom script: call SetPlayerAlliance( Player(2), Player(0), ALLIANCE_SHARED_ADVANCED_CONTROL, true)
Custom script: call SetPlayerAlliance( Player(2), Player(0), ALLIANCE_SHARED_CONTROL, false)

?

thx :)

edit: i just failed to copy ur lines correctly, my copyPaste didnt start with call Set... but with Custom script: call Set... ;>
thx a lot :-DD

edit2: When i use ur lines its exactly like i wanted it to be , big thx :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.