Tauren Cheiftan

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So I never rellay played Orc in ladder, until I vowed to only play random race.

And I never trained Tauren Cheiftan, until last night. It was that huge city-like map thats in ladder at the moment. (lot of walking for uber slow hero)

Dude, AWESOME!

Ok, we attack. Good fight. Lost all but two grunts. But my Cheif? Had two rings, claws, gloves, and some misc stuff. Hes beefed!

Learned shockwave at level 1, yeah?

So they Call to Arms, and liek TWENTY miltia peons beating on my cheif, and hes trapped! Oh no!

BOOOOOF! LVL3 Shockwave OWN like 10 peon. HA HA! SWEEEEET!

So on the last battle, dude towered up, and had like NINE tower.

And I found out, shockwave hurts BUILDINGS! For the love of god

BOOOOOF!
(some combat)
BOOOOOF!

And about SIX TOWERS got owned on the second wave. It was awesome! Shockwave...six towers... OWNED

Go Tauren Cheiftan!!!!! 7 HERO KILLS!

(sorry, I just had so much fun, its all I thinkin about this morning :) )

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
You're insane :D

I like the Seer a bit better. Wolves for extra units on that first night rush, or maybe to slow the enemy down as you run with your canine tail between your legs :p Lightning for some nice damage, and then, you want de-towering? Earthquake will take out entire buildings.

Plus, later in levels, you can use the Far Sight in order to find bases, units, and keep an eye on the land around you :) (ESPECIALLY if there's a mana fountain in game)

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I can see advantages to that.

I don't know, Seer just isn't....violent... enough for me. Damn intel :)

But with Cheif (GO CHEIF) you can get the endurance aura.

And think about the benefit of that - 3 players armies, with endurance on all nearby units. In higher levels, thats like 15% attack or something, and major speed boosts. For ALL nearby freindlies, which makes the bloodlust all that much better.

Add in an aura or two from your teamates, game winner.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
How come I never have any lumber with NE? I don't get it

I put like 6-7 wisps on the wood, and STILL hurt for lumber all the time.

In fact, almost every NE game, I'll have like 900 gold, but waiting on lumber STILL. Even after lvl 1 tech, no lumber.

Lets say, Potm Hunts Dryads.

4 Wisp -> Mine
1 Wisp -> Alter
New -> Moon Well
New -> Ancient of War
New -> Lumber
New -> Mine
4 New -> Lumber
Hunter Hall
Moon Well
Ancient of War

Then I pump hunts until I have 6 or 7, and get 6-7 wisps on the wood (plus moon wells). Then tech the tree.

Once its done, and I did a few upgrades, I'll have like 1000 gold, and no damn lumber.

Then I make 2 (whatchamacallit) dryad ancient, and lose two wisps. Replace them, and still run short on lumber.

EVERY game.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'm not great with NE, so I can't actually tell ya, but I typically get like 10 wisps on lumber, and still need a bit more. -.- I don't like NE. You want to talk about not violent enough? They're not violent enough.

As for the team games, yeah, having one Cheif is fine, but it's typically not me :) I get the spell casters, usually, my first hero is always a Seer, followed by a Shadow Hunter for healing. If my teammate wants to get a Cheif, fine with me :p I almost always work on frontal forces (Tauren, Grunts and Raiders) so that aura will help a lot.

It's all a matter of planning it out. You have to work with your team/mates.

It's also based on personal preference.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The violence for NE comes from the fast, horrible huntress rush :)

Its so easy. A group of hunt own archers, footman, goul, whatever.

All you need to back it up is a couple of competent team mates.

There fast too - if the rush is failing, pull out and run home. They won't catch ya.

Then if you wanna just mass huntress, a 3/3 hunt with bounce attack is about the same as a 3/2 bear, and much much cheaper.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I love Cheiftain. A BM and TC = pwnage.

BM's Bladestorm is insane for unit killing, and TC's shockwave for buildings & snagging faster units.

I would go in late game against a computer with TC and BM, luir all his Taurens near my BM, Bladestorm and kill them all. I'd then use TC to take buildings out and Shockwave any Peons trying to run. Dead in no time.

Undead are different. Undead are INSANE early if you use some good micro. With a DK and CL, I'd own anything that moved. I played a game against a guy who was doing pretty good, but he never creeped. DK would heal CL and other units, while my CL would own units with Impale. That was around level 5 with them, about 10 minutes into the game with too many upgrades. Towers were the only thing that got in way, but I'd pot DK and keep healing CL. Greatest game I played, so fun. :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'm never a power player with Undead. I typically Ghoul rush, then get to Necro's and Wagons on day2. Then, create a small little army, and have my Wagons and Necros in the back and ta da! Skeleton army.

C

ChrisW16

SD_Ryoko said:
How come I never have any lumber with NE? I don't get it

I put like 6-7 wisps on the wood, and STILL hurt for lumber all the time.

In fact, almost every NE game, I'll have like 900 gold, but waiting on lumber STILL. Even after lvl 1 tech, no lumber.

Lets say, Potm Hunts Dryads.

4 Wisp -> Mine
1 Wisp -> Alter
New -> Moon Well
New -> Ancient of War
New -> Lumber
New -> Mine
4 New -> Lumber
Hunter Hall
Moon Well
Ancient of War

Then I pump hunts until I have 6 or 7, and get 6-7 wisps on the wood (plus moon wells). Then tech the tree.

Once its done, and I did a few upgrades, I'll have like 1000 gold, and no damn lumber.

Then I make 2 (whatchamacallit) dryad ancient, and lose two wisps. Replace them, and still run short on lumber.

EVERY game.

Looks pretty ugly to me no offense =/...

4 wisps on is good, but if your opponent is random, send out one of those five to scout and one on moonwell THEN build one for the goldmine to replace the scout and continue to build ur altar and place wisps on trees till you hit 100 wood...at that point, build a hunter's hall while continuing to produce wisps....after that, its up to you whether you'd want to get out your first AOW before the second moonwell or not...personally i like getting the second moon up before my first aow...gives more harassing potential as well as anti-harassment potential on the wisps...pop up ur ancient of wars and pump units...This is a generic hunt build that goes any hero and allows you to tech with breathing room, but I don't suggest massing tier 1 versus human or orc, the unarmored huntress (the only tier 1 melee unit without magic armor in the game) will be easy pickin's...

Your problem looks like you get your hall too late and try to get into a tech right after burning out that 100 wood...

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
ya i must say you allmost never see ppl using a tc :mad: however lvl him like 2 lvls and he owns:)
and think of it u cud make him own soooo hard w/ an ud alie, lvl 3 aura,bloodlust,and unholy frenzy :eek: :eek: I duno wuts exacltly the % but thats like 200 increased atck speed :eek: :eek: get vamp aura :eek:

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Theres a reason why people don't choose TC:
1) hes huge and slow, so he can't run.
2) not enough armor, the rings will help some, from (Ryoko's TC)
3) Not enough mana. he has good abilities, but not enough mana
4) Hugeness. Again, hugeness will attrack every unit nearby to attack the big guy. people feel better when he's dead, and you feel like you lost your army and run.

Things that are good for TC
1) massive HP
2) good abilities
3) Aura: Endurence aura is WAY underated. Lvl up to lvl 3, and sit him at your base when not creeping/attacking, and the bonus attack will make you lumber faster, and speed will make you gold faster

As for the NE problem. This is what I do, and it works well:
-3 whisps on gold mine, 1 for alter, 1 for moon wll
-2 new whisps on goldmine, 1 for Ancient of WAR!
-put alter and moon well whisp on wood, and build about 4 more for wood
-max archers + hero (i like KotG, or Illiden), get another moon well
-get a hunters hall now (it's late, but I get a good amount of archers for creeping in the meantime)
-at least 2 more whisps on wood
-2nd ancient of war, hunts
-hunts
-tech
-ect.
Hope this helps

EDIT: I onlt make ONE dryad barraks thing. Two is WAY to expencive (145 wood for 1?) It builds slower, but it works. I mass bears with it. (bears can outdamage Tauren with equal tech + warcry = GG Tauren) Bears also have equal armor, and can heal. Multi goodness!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.