Tauren Spearthrower ability ideas

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey, I'm hoping some people could help me with some ideas for a Tauren Spearthrower's abilities. If an ability fits with my map, I will approve then add it and give Rep to whoever comes up with it. Thanks.

Currently approved spells:
Ancestral Spear
Spirit of the Ancients
<Name 1> (Thinking of better name or waiting your new name)
Taurens Might
Second Spear Cheiften
Spirit Spear
Tauren's Endurance
Healing Spear
Mighty Throw
No Name
Spirit Link
Spiritual Aid

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Ancestral Spear
Shoots a spear. When the spear hits the target, it becomes like a chain lightning with healing wave as the special effect.

Totem Of The Gods
Summons a totem from the ground that creates an army of spirit walkers in your command (with limited time).

Spirit Of The Ancient
Passive: Increases your health and health regeneration.

Pulverized Spear
When the spear hits the target, it has splash damage.

Joccaren

Reaction score
Ancestral Spear and Spirit of the Ancients approved :thup:

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
<Name #1>:
Throws a spear in a direction in a straight line. Impales all enemies along that line, causing them to suffer bleeding for a period of time. Bleeding damages them over time as well as drains their strength temporarily.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
For the name of ^ ability...there's this one guy (whose name escapes me) who threw a spear around the world (mythology). I would base the name on his name.

also:
Tauren's Might: (think of a better name please :p)
The tauren hurls a spear. The spear has a HUGE range and hits only it's first target (the first enemy it reaches). It deals damage based on how far it travelled. (more distance = more damage)

JuiceBox

Reaction score
For the name of ^ ability...there's this one guy (whose name escapes me) who threw a spear around the world (mythology). I would base the name on his name.

also:
Tauren's Might: (think of a better name please :p)
The tauren hurls a spear. The spear has a HUGE range and hits only it's first target (the first enemy it reaches). It deals damage based on how far it travelled. (more distance = more damage)

King Leonidas?! THIS IS SPARTA!! LOL... :p

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
ahahaha. No I don't think it was him :p. A name based on him would be cool though....Leonidas' Spear or Spear of Leon or something like that.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
This might seem a bit overpowered, but I want to make a fun/not boring ability so:

---
Spear Chieftan: (Passive)
Allows him to make melee attacks as well as ranged attacks, depending on the distance between him and his target. Gives him the sub-ability "Flurry".

Melee attack: damage - same as ranged. Attack Speed - 150% of ranged.

Flurry: (Sub-ability)
He spins his spear like a quarterstaff infront of him. All enemies in a cone infront of him get pushed back as well as hurt. If an enemy tries hitting him from this cone, the enemy misses (the tauren deflects it) <-- Note: not including magic attacks. Flurry lasts for a period of time.
---
OR
---
Spear Chieftan: (Passive)
The chieftan dual wields two spears, allowing him to make two successive attacks (one with each). This allows him to hit one enemy twice, or two enemies once. Each spear has a % chance of stunning the target.

Nerzhul

Reaction score
Fan of Spears :
-Throw an inimaginable number of spears at any enemies that approche the chieftain.Stunning for 1 second and deal X damage.

Tauren's Endurance :
-Increases the attack speed and the armor of the hero. (passive)

Spirit Spear :
-Each times the tauren spearthrower attacks,he has a chance to call for a tauren's spirit to help him in battle

Slam :
-The tauren slam te ground, dealing X damage and cause enemies to be knocked back.

Impaling Spear
-Throw a deadly spear that travel everything ,even the body of the tauren's enemies ,dealing X damage in a line,causing enemies to bleed and destroy trees.

Nerzhul

Reaction score
Healing Spear :
-The hero throw a spear imbued with nature power at the target area.The spear heal all the unit for X and create a healing ward.

No name (sorry ^^)
-The tauren spearman throw his spear with a great strenght.He has 15% chance on an attack to knock back enemies and cause them to bleed.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Throw Spears
Active, Target Point. Rapidly throws multiple spears towards target point. Spears deal damage to first enemy unit they come contact with.

( Spears dont go exactly towards target point angle, but somewhere around it. Spear thrower rapidly plays attack animation, when spears appear one by one. Kind like some spear machine gun thingy )

Ancestors Guide Me
Active, Target Unit. Calls a spirit of dead tauren to float above enemy target. Spirit calls all friendly units around target to attack this unit. Target unit takes X % extra damage during the duration of this spell.

( Also spears thrown by Throw Spears -spell start to hunt this target like some cool homing missiles. )

He Lives In You
Active, Takes no target. Caster calls the spirit of his dead father to protect him. This great tauren spirit cant be attacked. It always follows caster, and attacks nearby enemies with forceful knockbacking attack.

( Spirit always moves to casters location. Its very big and transparent, so you can see your caster inside it. Its attack deal damage and knockback target away. This spell is mainly used to protect caster from melee enemies. )

Spirit Link
Ultimate, Active, Unit Target. Links Target unit together with caster. As long as one of them lives, other cant truly die. Link is broken if units go too far from each other. ( edit. Or mybe not. Its an ultimate afterall. )

( When linked unit is about to die under this effect, it will turn to sort of ghost ( transparent, greenish colour ) and doesnt take any damage, has attack disabled, but can still cast spells. If both units turn to ghosts they die, if only one of them is ghost when spell duration ends, its health is fully restored and it returns back to its normal state )

edit. Actually, this should take 2 targets, because otherwise its kinda weak. If you dont know how to make multitargetting spells, just make it to take some random unit near target. With multiple targets, units survive as long as one of them lives.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
How about these?

Kodo-Bone Spear (Passive)
The Tauren Spearthrower carves his spears out of solid Kodo bone. This hard material pierces straight through the Spearthrowers enemies, damaging the enemies 250 distance behind it for 10/20/30% of the original damage.

Mighty Throw (Active, Autocast)
The Tauren Spearthrower uses his massive strength to lodge a spear at the target, dealing 0.5/1.0/1.5 times his strength in bonus damage. In addition, he has a 20% chance to hit a vital organ and deal another 1.5 times normal damage.

Eye of Gaia (Active, Single Target)
The Tauren Spearthrower calls upon the all-seeing eye of mother earth to show him the target enemy. This grants him vision of the target, even through invisibility, and allows him to lodge spears at the target from up to 800/1000/1200 distance. Lasts for 8/12/16 seconds.

Impaling Spear (Active, single target)
The Tauren Spearthrower throws a spear at the target, pinning him to the ground. The impact deals 80/120/160 damage in a 250 radius around the point of impact and stuns all enemies in that area for 0.5 second. The target remains bound for another 2/3/4 seconds.

Spiritual Aid (Passive)
Whenever the Tauren Spearthrower kill an unit, he has a 10/15/20% chance to spawn an ancestoral spirit for 20 seconds. This invisible spirit can move around and scout the area for the Tauren, as well as sacrefice himself to burn 50/80/110 of an enemies mana and deal the equal in damage. Heroes have a 100% chance of creating such a spirit upon kill. Up to 5 spirits can be maintained at a time.

Joccaren

Reaction score
I obviously will not have enough room on my hero for all these abilities so I will pick the ones that best fit my map and add them. Keep the ideas coming though, Might work for heroes in other projects.

Healing Spear Approved
Mighty Throw Approved
No Name Approved
Spirit Link Approved
Spiritual Aid approved

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.