TD TD Feedback, +rep For Constructive Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Now I'm going to redo all my creeps of my HLW/AOS The Darkening (free advertisement ftw?) in Excel. Was gonna do it anyways, but Excel seems to make it easier. (I based the original creep off peasant for some retarded reason.

Vassilev

Reaction score
You could make a special boss wave that only receive damage from high damaging towers: give them the mountain giant's hardened skin ability

Also, another boss wave suggestion is something like the illusion one earlier, but kinda different.

Attach a different variable to each unit, if it is attacked for more than a number of times, then spawn 2 minions around it (which give no bonus loot). This encourages players to use their high damaging towers (less amount of hits, higher damage per hit) instead of high speed low damage ones. Also if you use this, you might wanna add a disable attack option for the towers.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Vassilev said:
You could make a special boss wave that only receive damage from high damaging towers: give them the mountain giant's hardened skin ability
This could possibly see some use, with edited properties.
I'm thinking maybe a chance to reduce damage below X, instead of a 100% chance.
I'll be sure to give credit if I use though.

Vassilev said:
Attach a different variable to each unit, if it is attacked for more than a number of times, then spawn 2 minions around it (which give no bonus loot). This encourages players to use their high damaging towers (less amount of hits, higher damage per hit) instead of high speed low damage ones. Also if you use this, you might wanna add a disable attack option for the towers.
Too much work for not enough gain, sorry :( .

Fluffball said:
Or just improved Mana Shield
Improved Mana Shield just makes it take more hits, Hardened Skin makes it so people upgrade towers instead of making 1000 low-end towers.

Thanks for feedback, +rep!
Keep it coming TH.net!

[EDIT: New "Update" section in first post, check it out to see how far along the Alpha version is :D , also added some more color/fixed some colors]

Kelvin87

Reaction score
Ideas on Tower:
(a) Nihil Tower: A tower with mana degeneration aura (Nihil Aura) that can upgrade from level to level. [Aura base made from Brilliance Aura with negative value]
(b) Curse Tower: A tower that attacks with a chance to cut down x% of Max Mana of the Creep. [This is a very valuable tower that can farm for ending TD game]
(c) Astral Tower: A tower that can consume x% of the current Mana of the Creep when attacking then store the mana to the tower(the tower ordinally have mana pool and initially the current mana is empty). When the mana of the tower reaches maximum, it deals AoE damage equal to the maximum mana of the tower to surrounding creeps and then the mana turn back to zero. The mana pool can be upgraded by lvl.
(d) Arcane Tower: A tower that has an ability of Orb - Mana Burn. The tower has % chance to cast mana burn on that attacking unit and burn off the mana.

Ideas on Creep:
Since all your creeps has added the invisible Mana Shield, so, this is a nice idea that can be kept. So, i want to suggest a spell for some special creeps:
(Energy Recharged - When the creeps being attacked, it has a chance to recover its current mana equal to x% of its maximum mana.) Maybe this spell can be given to the boss wave.

Hope that my ideas help.:)

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Kelvin87 said:
Ideas on Tower:
(a) Nihil Tower: A tower with mana degeneration aura (Nihil Aura) that can upgrade from level to level. [Aura base made from Brilliance Aura with negative value]
Look at the Excel screenshot, there's already a tower with a mana drain aura ;) .

Kelvin87 said:
(b) Curse Tower: A tower that attacks with a chance to cut down x% of Max Mana of the Creep. [This is a very valuable tower that can farm for ending TD game]
Could possibly see some usage.

Kelvin87 said:
(c) Astral Tower: A tower that can consume x% of the current Mana of the Creep when attacking then store the mana to the tower(the tower ordinally have mana pool and initially the current mana is empty). When the mana of the tower reaches maximum, it deals AoE damage equal to the maximum mana of the tower to surrounding creeps and then the mana turn back to zero. The mana pool can be upgraded by lvl.
Nice idea, could definitely be seen in the "real" version.

Kelvin87 said:
(d) Arcane Tower: A tower that has an ability of Orb - Mana Burn. The tower has % chance to cast mana burn on that attacking unit and burn off the mana.
This was discussed in an earlier thread, and was disapproved :p .

Kelvin87 said:
Ideas on Creep:
Since all your creeps has added the invisible Mana Shield, so, this is a nice idea that can be kept. So, i want to suggest a spell for some special creeps:
(Energy Recharged - When the creeps being attacked, it has a chance to recover its current mana equal to x% of its maximum mana.) Maybe this spell can be given to the boss wave.
This was also discussed in an earlier thread :D .
I called them Dispel Waves and they had a chance to regain mana when attacked.

Kelvin87 said:
Hope that my ideas help.:)
They did, and even if they didn't, I appreciate the input.
+rep'ing everyone that didn't get it yesterday :) !

T

TD2995

Wow, sounds awesome. The idea of using MP instead of HP is really nice, it's way more flexible. I'm gonna bookmark this page and check back every so often to see progress. Can't wait to see it finished!

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
TD2995 said:
Wow, sounds awesome. The idea of using MP instead of HP is really nice, it's way more flexible. I'm gonna bookmark this page and check back every so often to see progress. Can't wait to see it finished!
I thought the MP used as HP would attract more people.
There's the "Update" meter on the first post, so you can just look at that.
It's pretty much almost done in the Alpha version, just waiting for some answers on my problems in the WE Help forum.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Bump.
Updated the "Alpha Update" section.
I'm currently working on finishing the towers now that I've got all their Special Features done.
There is some problems with creeps spawning and being able to kill them to force-spawn the next wave, but I'm working very hard to get this fixed.
Re-did Excel sheet, however, damage on towers may be changed before release.
I'm finally ready to set a release date for the Alpha, and I'm going to say:
Friday, November 21, 2008.
I'll hopefully be done before this date, but I'm going to say Friday for now.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Told them admins I wouldn't get as many responses in Members' Projects :( .
Anyways, updated info on Alpha Version Update section, so close to being done :D , hope I don't disappoint everyone who's been waiting.
I've added some cool little easter eggs in-game if you can find them!
All that's left now to do, is finish the creeps and make spells for the 8 final towers.
Depending on how quickly I get those two things done, I may or may not add tool tips to towers in the Build command.

So, BUMP.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Alt wouldn't show mana anyways :p .
And WOW!
That's EXACTLY the kind of thing I was looking for :D :D :D !
Sorry for caps :p , I'm a little excited to see the mana bar system :eek: !
I'm importing it now as we speak!!!
+rep x55555.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I'm releasing an Alpha version for public testing, you can test on that.
The mana bar system isn't working for me :( .
I might skip it for the Alpha and incorporate it into the "real" version.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
BUMP.
The release date may not be met, I don't know.
I've updated the "Update" section.
I haven't started on the spells, since I'm not looking forward to it :p .
They might just be simple Melee WC3 spells, but edited a little.
I've been working lately on trying to balance things.
The game is way too easy as it is right now, the towers do to much damage.
I also have to finish editing all the creeps.

And as for what I've been working on you ask?
I've made a system that pings the path the creeps take, and I've added a "Deconstruct Tower" skill.
This skill makes your worker channel the tower for 35 seconds, then it starts to unsummon it for another 10 seconds, and you gain all your gold you used back.
I've also been working on tooltips and that lately, getting them looking nice.
I've been fixing up some of the triggers and they're all done now.
I guess I should finally start the spells, but I think I'll finish creeps first.

And oh yeah, there was a problem with the last two waves not spawning, I have to fix that first.
Anyways, if you read all this, thanks :p .

One last thing:
People that want to be beta testers, this is a public 'Alpha' version release, so it's a public beta test, so stop PM'ing me and asking to be a beta tester ;) .

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Bump.
Major update:
I've finished all the creeps now.
I've balanced the towers now, as good as it's going to get probably.
All that's left is the spells and some tool tips if time allots.
EDIT: Oh yeah, updated the "Alpha Update" section.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I was actually wondering if you could trash this post on Friday, and if I could just create a new thread for the finished product?
I just don't want all these comments and that in the "read" thread, if you want to talk through PM about this, we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.