Team Fortress 2

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Little bit of a ressurection here, but I am getting back into this game and liking it a lot more now that things are balanced again. Anyone else playing it still. Payload is still my favorite, and if anyone wants to play it then send me a message (I'm on the th steam group).
Well, I'm usually available to play in the evenings (~5:30pm GMT) if you're free :D

My old community revived their server a couple of days ago so I've been helping to get it started.
Ooh, any details on the server, or are they pretty much the same as in your previous posts? I've been looking around for alternative servers/communities to play on/with (the Rush Gaming servers are, usually, pretty awesome but select individuals can go a long way to ruining the fun :p)

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Oh I'd love to play with you guys. (Especially your brother Flare *Stalkerish-tone*)

However, I need to catch up with school work.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
It's just fun to hunt your brother down when he's sniping and I'm sniper.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I gotta say, demo and scout have to be two of the funnest classes.
Demo is a bit too easy to play at times (unless you're a sword/axe/bottle-wielding maniac with the Targe... :D). Fun, ye, but it gets a bit boring when you can regularly put yourself in a position to do great damage without being in the line of fire. Definitely have to agree with Scout being fun though, but it can be so damn tricky to play :eek:

as well as direct hit/boots/equalizer soldier.
!

Shotgun is way more awesome... nothing like shotgunning an annoying Scout :3 As regards your choice of rocket launcher, :thup:

Then again, I like both rocket launchers a great deal :D

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I prefer the old rocket launcher. More splash!
Well, it depends on what the situation calls for - I'm quite partial to the normal rocket launcher when there is little oppurtunity for long-range shots (opening part of Thunder Mountain map 1, or the bottleneck after the second point on Swiftwater) but generally use the Direct Hit otherwise :p That, and it's extremely satisfying to gib someone who's right in your face with that lovely 25% extra damage (or just overpower a Medic's healing when fighting a Heavy)

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Fine piece of work there.
[YOUTUBE]Nds1T7U9FqY[/YOUTUBE]

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Shotgun is way more awesome... nothing like shotgunning an annoying Scout :3 As regards your choice of rocket launcher, :thup:

Then again, I like both rocket launchers a great deal :D

I prefer the old rocket launcher. More splash!

I enjoy both rocket launchers, as well as using the shotgun. However, the boots are really fun for constantly rocket jumping and the Direct Hit can do a lot more damage, if you hit them. :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
However, the boots are really fun for constantly rocket jumping
The damage caused by the rocket when you rocket jump isn't that significant though, IIRC? I know that it's pretty handy for just bouncing around the map, but a good distance jump would probably cause more fall damage than rocket damage anyway, so you don't really negate a whole lot of damage, do you?*

Hmm, I really wish the Demoman had won the Soldier vs Demoman War and gotten the Gun Boats (Bomb Boats, since it's the Demoman, perhaps? :p, then I could have a far greater success rate with my dual sticky jumps (starting gates to point 2 on Badwater Basin is pretty sweet, although fairly impractical for the most part :D)

*I haven't got a very good idea of the rocket jumping damage figures, I think it's something around ~40 damage from the rocket, would that be about right? :p

if you hit them
If you hit them... while it's not as significant an issue anymore (although, I do have the occasional night where I can barely hit anyone with the Direct Hit), the transition from the Rocket Launcher to the DH is... frustrating :( Especially when you aim for the feet, and realise that the splash radius is tiny... :D

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/

Oh shi-oh shi-oh shi-oh shi-oh shi!:thup:

Wow, the weapons are pretty awesome (Black Box, the one which I was probably the most excited about, seems kinda bland though :() - Sniper set bonus is really awesome though (175HP and headshot immunity? :eek:), especially with a piss rifle :p

EDIT: Hurrah, got the Black Box and the Piss Rifle :D Looks like a new Soldier hat is going to have to wait a few more weeks

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Isn't it just 65% faster weapon switch (which is kinda handy with the Axtinguisher, I guess?) and 25% less burn damage? Seems a bit... meh :p

Horrendously handy with the Axetinguisher, like you're unstoppable with it. My biggest problem when confronting people was that a vital shot that would kill my opponent failed because the weapon switch took too long and I am invetably hit first by somebody who already had their shotgun out (obviously this was only in fast-paced situations).

Plus I finally switched the flare gun back for the shotgun, currently the best loadout I've had so far with the Pyro.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.