Crime Teen Dressed as Joker sets fire to School

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A former school pupil dressed up as 'Batman' character 'The Joker 'and set fire to the building causing more than €1m worth of damage, a court heard yesterday.

Christopher Clancy (19) of Cherrywood Grove, Clondalkin, pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to arson at Colaiste Chillian on the Old Nangor Road on May 10, 2009.

Clancy, who will be sentenced later, told gardai when he was arrested at the scene that he burnt the school down "because it is run by hypocrites and I didn't like the way they treated my friends".

Garda Liam Ganny told the court that Clancy, who had left the school the previous November, filled six large jerry cans with petrol and cut his way through a wire-mesh fence to access the school grounds.

He smashed in a glass door and proceeded to spill the contents of one can along the corridor. He then lit the petrol and escaped from the school.

Last edited:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Next on the Teen Choice Awards, The-Kid-Who-Got-Style Award! Please welcome Christopher Clancy from Dublin, Ireland!

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Hmm Style to set fire on a building? Maybe we should give a reward also?

Don't give me that.
There are things, that are tasteless, like Chainsaw Rampages and other like these arn't. I'm just saying, that it's interesting to why he dressed up as Joker, nothing more.
If you wanna give him an award for being a firefly, go ahead, I don't care. Because I don't see what setting things on fire has to do with Style. Or, are you implying that setting things on fire iis a form of Art?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Don't give me that.
There are things, that are tasteless, like Chainsaw Rampages and other like these arn't. I'm just saying, that it's interesting to why he dressed up as Joker, nothing more.
If you wanna give him an award for being a firefly, go ahead, I don't care. Because I don't see what setting things on fire has to do with Style. Or, are you implying that setting things on fire iis a form of Art?

Why so serious?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
He did the right thing. Schools should take in teacher's personalities too.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
He did the right thing?! Could've left thousands of kids without a school to go to? Just because he doesn't like how he and his friends were treated??? What's next? If he had gotten free, we'd be seeing "Guy burns office building because he didn't like how he and his co-workers were being treated". It's called life, deal with it.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
No. He didn't. If he wanted to bring this matter to attention, he should have confronted the board of education, not cause over 2 million dollars in destruction.

Edit: esb, we don't have to be so harsh on him :p

(Okay, fine. Maybe two approaches is good :D)

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
He did the right thing?! Could've left thousands of kids without a school to go to? Just because he doesn't like how he and his friends were treated??? What's next? If he had gotten free, we'd be seeing "Guy burns office building because he didn't like how he and his co-workers were being treated". It's called life, deal with it.

You're right, they're plenty of good teachers to counter the bad ones. So his real goal should have been to burn the ones he disliked, causing less damage and also creating an oppurtunity to replace them with either nice or garbage teachers.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
@YourFace: No, teachers (and usually people) dont' mistreat nor dislike someone just because they're assholes. Some do, but i'm pretty sure teachers don't. I'm sure this guy gave them MANY reasons to not like him. And if his friends are like he is, than no wonder. Instead of burning shit here and there, he should change his personality and attitude. He seems weak-minded. And your sarcasm isn't great.

Winterherz

Reaction score
I'm imagining what this kid was thinking while........

[YOUTUBE]sc0UJtBVXNI[/YOUTUBE]

Let's Put A Smile On That Face...AAAANNNDDD....

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Now that is some sick afternoon activity... here's a craaazy idea: lets invent a new sport: How stylish can you destroy your school/university/workplace. Who's with me ?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
ok. that top video. was fricken awesome. And joker sounds so familiar, he sounds like a person that ive heard before but the person ive heard before actually talks like that. i cant remember where.

Anyway... >.>..
I think the joker thing was going a bit too far, but so was setting the school on fire.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Why are you all so uptight about this? I've seen you guys make jokes about the most morbid things. It's more fun that way.

Also, while I in no way condone the kid's actions, I admire him for his guts. Breaking into your school looking like The Joker while carrying half a dozen jerry cans? Paints a pretty cool picture in my head.

I hate his motivation though. Didn't like the way they treated his friends? Pfft.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Now the only thing missing from this news article is someone dressed up as batman and the puzzles.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.