US News Teen sends 14,528 text messages, dad gets 440 page bill

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Greg Hardesty's teenage daughter managed to send 14,528 text messages last month. When he received his 440 page AT&T wireless phone bill, he thought it was a mistake. The dad, age 45, said "First I laughed. I thought 'That's insane. That's impossible.' And I immediate whipped out the calculator to see if it was humanly possible." He found out that it was, but just barely.

Reina, his 13-yr old daughter, would've had to send text message at the rate of 484 per day, or one every two minutes of every waking hour. When the father asked "Who are you texting anyway? Your entire school?" She replied, "A lot of my friends have unlimited texting. I just text them pretty much all the time."

Last edited by a moderator:

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Oh my fucking god. I'd just tell her to stop writing to me if I was the friend and I was recieving a text message every 2 min.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow a 440 page bill... I bet he was pissed off :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get into text 'convos' every few days. I manage to send a text every 30 seconds or so.

I have 600 texts, not much. But I never go over that limit.
Hasn't she ever heard of MSN? Doesn't she talk to friends in school or something? =|

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Having those kinds of text convos, I get into those too, but check out the numbers 484 messages a day? I barely reached 100 messages in 5 days, conversing with my gf, a while ago and thought that was much o_O.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Omg that was a lot... Well I know one who send 10,000 text message last year..
But over 14,000 and only 1 month, that's crazy

Mac Dre

Reaction score
Uhh why is this news? This isn't even very impressive haha its not even hard to get that many..

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Uhh why is this news? This isn't even very impressive haha its not even hard to get that many..

Haha... funny. The average for teens is only 2,000, rounded up, per month. This was 14,000, rounded down, per month. :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Mac Dre, it is NOWHERE NEAR easy to get 14,528 text messages in a SINGLE MONTH. Don't kind yourself, and don't act like it is easy. ;)

Mac Dre

Reaction score
Umm why are you shit talking me? It's really not that hard, you can easily text more then 4 times a minute, thats recieving and sending which makes up to 8 a minute, with only having to send 1 text in 2 minutes to make 14,000 really isn't that tough. My sister got a 300 something $ bill when she didn't have unlimited. You do realize that the amount it shows on your bill is messages sent and received right?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I'd rather have normal conversations and enjoy my life. And not through texting 4 times a minute -_-
That's once every 15 seconds, which leaves time for nothing else. Sad life I would say.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The article says sends, not sent and received. And a $300 bill would mean about.... -30 for the plan so $270, I'd say each text is about 15 cents, which would only be like 1800 texts, sent AND received. Now imagine 16 times that since it's only sent.

Mac Dre

Reaction score
The phone company puts sends and receives into the same group, there not seperate. And im done arguing you guys are obviously right peace out.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I used to get into text fights with my ex. Those are so stupid....

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I would love to text though (no phone). Usually in class, get's boring in there sometimes lol.
But not a 24/7 thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.