Tempest 3K is the NUON's only chance

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Tempest 3K and the VLM is truly the only thing on NUON besides IS3 (not a NUON exclusive) that is interesting to anyone about NUON at this point besides it being on of the most obscure systems of all times.

If we have a chance at getting the NUON emulator project back on track it is going to be through Tempest 3K.

I think Atari might be interested in helping to get a Tempest 3K port for the Atari VCS if they were reminded it was there, since Jeff Minter has been rumored to have ported Tempest 4K to the VCS.

If it made sense to update the NUON emulator to get it working they would have the Iron Soldier 3 available if they could license from Songbird or whoever owns that IP.

Just a reminder too that homebrew on the NUON is broken because the SDK authentication is broken. Skah_T where are you?

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm, maybe some messaging to Atari about the t3k thing is in order? Maybe we could organize an effort here. Not like they are a massive company like microsoft or sony. would take less messages to get attention

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Ok, hearing that they possibly ported Tempest 4K, what does 3K offer that 4K does not in your opinion?

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
I think it would be nice to have 3K to complete the Yak set maybe. It would be like playing classic Tempest in Tempest 2K when compared to 4K.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yak did the sprite libraries for the NUON homebrew and worked extensively with VM Labs through thier lifetime. I am telling you guys Yak will be interested in T3K and the VLM in that VM Labs allowed him to extend that stuff. Good history and something worth saving! Yak was there to the end. Too bad he did not get to do more of the homebrew development stuff and it is not more well known he even did it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.