System Terrain Generator

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> I removed the waits (In case someone wants to make that terrain generator instant) and it didn't create the destructibles.

NO!!! :p

No, you can't do that. The triggers hit the execution limit if you remove the waits. Unfortunately, they MUST be there for it to work.

But, it's not THAT bad, is it? :(

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh :(

Well well well.

You might want to use a repeating timer then, for it to be really fast, but not instant (Say every 0.01 seconds).

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I do that? Don't I have to have a callback code function, which would start the trigger over?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are using Global variables no? ;)

A code callback is simply another function that runs every time the timer expires (In that case, every 0.01 seconds).

You can refer to the timer with GetExpiredTimer().

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
What!??

Now I'm more confused. If I called the generation functions every 0.01 second, wouldn't that start them over every time and put them in and endless loop? There's something here I'm not getting.... Why would I need to refer to the timer?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't refer to it if you don't need too, since you are using global variables.

It wouldn't be an endless loop since you could wait, say, 5 seconds, then pause the timer.

> Why would I need to refer to the timer?

It was only in the case you needed to "get" some attached variables through the Handle Vars and stuff ;)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> It was only in the case you needed to "get" some attached variables through the Handle Vars and stuff

Ugh. I don't know how to do all of that high power JASS. I'd rather wait that small time it takes to generate the terrain. :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the point here; since you are using global variables, you don't need to do all that stuff :p

Just start a timer, which expires every 0.01 seconds, and call a function with it.

Then, in that function do exactly what you're doing inside the loops you currently have.

And it's done!

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aha. Now I think I get it. I'll see what I can do.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Just in case for lazy people *cough* *cough*, you should post the JASS code as well. :D

I'll look at the map anyways, but ya know... :rolleyes:

Alright, remove the "elses" for the terrain generator trigger.. They are not needed. I said that, no? :confused:

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Ok I have a question...if you run this trigger at map initialization won't it show the terrain in the mini-map?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> if you run this trigger at map initialization won't it show the terrain in the mini-map?

No idea. I doubt it, though.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
> if you run this trigger at map initialization won't it show the terrain in the mini-map?

No idea. I doubt it, though.

You can always test it >.<

Why don't you try it and see..lol

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Are you still going to update your code? Remove the elses...

I'll edit this post with more comments on the code. :D

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
You know Ghan if you want I can remake this whole thing JASS for you..

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
First off, great system.

I am trying to give it a "after rain" effect(meaning, rain puddles everywhere). I made it so it's base hight field was shallow water. Then I raised it a tiny bit above the water level(I made it one square change, raised it one by one until on the minimap it said it was above).
So, after the trigger runs, it doesn't seem to give the effect I wanted. It just makes a hole into where water should be.. Is there anyway to make it so the water comes?

Also, it "randomed" me the same thing three times. So in words of advice, I suggest to use a random Seed, giving you more possible randoms.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Is there anyway to make it so the water comes?

Honestly, I don't know how that works. I have no idea how to get what you want.

> Also, it "randomed" me the same thing three times.

That seems impossible. Were you using the Fixed Random Seed?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.