System Terrain Generator

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I got a question. Can you make it do some rivers and lakes and stuff? If not, is there even a way to add that with triggers?

duyen

Reaction score
> On the unbuildable rock you could make it place rock doodads that would look nice.

I can only do destructables, unfortunately. There is a rock destructable, but it's that selectable one that you can destroy.

When terrain is done, pick every rock and make it invulnerable?

nabbig2

Reaction score
Hey, this is cool, thanks. But do you think you could make a smaller version, like one that in a small area of the map, randomly makes some terrain?

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
I got a question. Can you make it do some rivers and lakes and stuff? If not, is there even a way to add that with triggers?

I say turn the whole map into water in the editor, then with the water thing unchecked (forget what its called) put the land back on top. Then should the generator make a low enough level, water will appear and be "generated" into the map. Gotta love it when you trick a map into doing what you want it to :D

N

Napallm

When generating destructables, is it possible to set the scaling value of the trees? Trees with a modified scaling value work fine when individually placed in the editor, but all generated ones seem to be the tiny default size.

V

Vanessa

This is almost exactly what I need, but I need it to generate a specific shape/texture, just in a different region every time...

Do you know how I could do that?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
ALL MY REP ARE BELONGING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a hell of a GOOOD SYSTEM !

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice system. i made a similar one for one of my games and i know how hard it is. though the problem is that the terrain and destructibles are not visible on the map, you could change it by creating dummy units at the positions but this might cause heavy lagg depending on how many units you will need.

btw: heres my game, the generator i am using is very much the same way to go, just a bit more complicated for the games engine: Link

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well is it just me or does this system make the same terein over and over again?

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Well is it just me or does this system make the same terein over and over again?
Well, it is random... Though it uses only a few tilesets at each game start. It doesn't offer full randomization (like first game snow, second fall, etc.) if that's what you wanted so you have to trigger it yourself.

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
JASS version doesn't use the Set AffectedRegion variable in the Height Generator. The result? Everywhere on my map gets affected and it causes a huge amount of lag.

Other than that it's a nice system.

Immolation

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this topic back alive again, but the generator is taking too long to create a simple 64x64 map. Do you guys can suggest me something to make it faster? Thanks.

:(

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
If you reduce the seed number it should work more quickly. What are you setting it at now?

Immolation

Reaction score
It's currently at 160. And it takes about 45 seconds to generate the terrain. Also, I'm using the GUI version, since I can't find the JASS one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.